Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shaun Suisham Thread; All Talk About Our K!

CRobi21

Mr. Chip Lohmiller is statistically worse than Suisham so...

...uh, go check your history.

Correct. Chip's numbers are as follows.

FGA

FGM204

PCT71.8

LNG56

Chip was a big part of the glory years, so he tends to get a pass in our eyes. I think kickers today have the advantage over the older ones though, because the posistion is so specialized, and kickers techniques are so fine tuned.

Sorry, but I demand to see him do it consistantly when it counts before I put my order in on the bird. That means CONSISTANTLY driving the ball to the goalline or deeper on kickoffs and CONSISTANTLY driving balls snapped from between the 30 & 35 yard line through the center of the uprights.

I ask you this one question..... How confident would you be (percentage-wise) right now about having Suisham need to make the same kick that Scott Norwood missed to win the Redskins a Super Bowl?

(my answer.... about 35% at most)

If you are going to refer to the past at least get it right.

Norwood's miss gave the Giants the SB win. The Redskins beat the Bills the following year, and if I remember correctly, and I do, Field Goals didn't factor in the equation.

:)

Nothing like someone gloating over a meaningless preseason game. YEAH!!! I WAS RIGHT AND YOU WERE WRONG!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Ahhh, but it was okay for all the people calling for him to be cut after his miss in Indy? Suisham has been an extremely reliable asset for the Skins since he got here. I'll agree that the OP should hardly be claiming that crow should be eaten but I don't understand the lack of confidence in Suisham based on pretty much one missed kick in Seattle.

My biggest problem with Suisham is KICKOFFS. If we're kicking field goals we're losing games so the FG %, while important isn't the only thing I look at, but any stretch.

Which he has improved upon. He's kicking the ball either to the endzone line, or into the endzone. Much better than last year.

Which he has improved upon. He's kicking the ball either to the endzone line, or into the endzone. Much better than last year.

He's averaging 71 yards a kickoff in preseason with two touchbacks. That means his average kickoff is 1 yard into the endzone. That is pretty darn good IMO.

I'll eat some crow when he makes a playoff FG easily within range that helps the Skins win the game. You gotta realize that many people feel that if he makes that FG against Seattle last year the Skins win that game. That's not gonna go away by making some pre season FGs. If he gets it done when it counts people will love him. If he can't they won't.

I feel sorry for you for loving Suisham so much. Always criticize those who have failed in the playoffs. A-ROD is an MVP, but he is still booed because he doesn't perform in the post-season. THAT is why the Yankees have so many championships: their fans demand MORE

I'll eat some crow when he makes a playoff FG easily within range that helps the Skins win the game. You gotta realize that many people feel that if he makes that FG against Seattle last year the Skins win that game. That's not gonna go away by making some pre season FGs. If he gets it done when it counts people will love him. If he can't they won't.

:applause:

I've been a Swishy fan ever since he got here, just because it meant getting rid of Hall. One thing I've noticed, though, is his KO's get progressively shorter as the season wears on. Injuries and fatigue I suppose. He has had some great kickoffs so far this year, I hope he can maintain them this time. Mosely spoilt me.

And the people who feel that way are wrong.

If the Redskins had punched that ball into the endzone and gone up by 8, yeah, then I'd be willing to say that the Skins were in a position to win that game. If Suisham hits that FG, we're up by 4. Seattle still went down and scored a touchdown to take the lead back.

And even if Suisham's miss is to blame for the loss, you don't advocate dumping an 80 plus percent kicker (who has hit pressure kicks) just because of one miss.

I feel sorry for you for loving Suisham so much. Always criticize those who have failed in the playoffs. A-ROD is an MVP, but he is still booed because he doesn't perform in the post-season. THAT is why the Yankees have so many championships: their fans demand MORE

Oh, yeah, it's the fans' demands that is the reason the Yankees win championships lol :laugh: :rolleyes:...The Red Sox fans didn't start demanding "MORE" until 3-4 years ago, I'm guessing.

If the Redskins had punched that ball into the endzone and gone up by 8, yeah, then I'd be willing to say that the Skins were in a position to win that game. If Suisham hits that FG, we're up by 4. Seattle still went down and scored a touchdown to take the lead back.

And even if Suisham's miss is to blame for the loss, you don't advocate dumping an 80 plus percent kicker (who has hit pressure kicks) just because of one miss.

:applause:

according to last year's stats, Suisham had:

Inside 20 no kicks

20-29 10/10

30-39 8/10

40-49 10/13

50+ 1/2

I'd like to see his numbers inside the 40 be better, and if he's improved his kickoffs that's great. My problem though is I have only gotten to see the Colts game in preseason, the rest haven't made it on my cable network :/

I'm not saying Suisham needs to necessarily go, but he needs to show more poise this his 3rd Year with the skins. If he does, then I'll feel a lot better, but we've been without a solid kicker for so long it will be a long time. I remember an old Ball Coach, can't remember who it was in College said, when asked why he hated punts, and field goals, and he said something to the effect that three things can happen when you kick. 1. you can get the kick off and make the field goal, have good coverage. 2. You could muff the snap/get blocked 3. you could miss the field goal/watch the other guy return it.

It was a momentum shift when he missed that field goal. Sure the team shoulda put the ball in the end zone...but they didn't. What they did do was get into position for a field goal that should have been made. When it was missed it was a huge boost for the Seahawks. I don't think he should be dumped for missing that one field goal but I also am not going to forgive the miss until he makes one under tight pressure IN THE PLAYOFFS. And I personally don't care if he has made other "pressure" kicks...because that one counted most. 80% is great...but I just don't see why it is wrong to demand that a field goal like that be made when the season is on the line.

Ok, so here's a question that's been bugging me for a couple of years.

What happened to Mike Vanderjagt?

He was (still is?) the most accurate kicker in NFL history, and he goes from being a top 2 or 3 kicker in the league to untouchable all because of one missed field goal in a playoff game?

As I recall he missed a couple field goals in a game against indy in 2006- but still you don't go from being the most accurate kicker ever to being a bum in a matter of 6 months.

That being said I am content with Sean Suisham, I had just been wondering about the liquored up kicker for a while now.

Ok, so here's a question that's been bugging me for a couple of years.

What happened to Mike Vanderjagt?

He was (still is?) the most accurate kicker in NFL history, and he goes from being a top 2 or 3 kicker in the league to untouchable all because of one missed field goal in a playoff game?

As I recall he missed a couple field goals in a game against indy in 2006- but still you don't go from being the most accurate kicker ever to being a bum in a matter of 6 months.

That being said I am content with Sean Suisham, I had just been wondering about the liquored up kicker for a while now.

Vanderjagt is a drunk. He is also an 'idiot kicker' who doesn't know his place. No one wants a kicker who stirs up trouble in the locker room... regardless of what he did 5 years ago. He's been shipped to Canada with all the other wash-ups and scrubs.

And as for Green Eggs and (Suis)Ham, I think the OP will be the one eating crow once the season starts. The only thing consistent about our kicker is his inconsistency. He blows.

Archived