Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shaun Suisham Thread; All Talk About Our K!

CRobi21

It was a momentum shift when he missed that field goal. Sure the team shoulda put the ball in the end zone...but they didn't. What they did do was get into position for a field goal that should have been made. When it was missed it was a huge boost for the Seahawks. I don't think he should be dumped for missing that one field goal but I also am not going to forgive the miss until he makes one under tight pressure IN THE PLAYOFFS. And I personally don't care if he has made other "pressure" kicks...because that one counted most. 80% is great...but I just don't see why it is wrong to demand that a field goal like that be made when the season is on the line.
It was a momentum shift as soon as we went three and out. That miss mattered but not as much as you claim.

The next Seahawks possession Laron Landry got an interception. Momentum shift back to us.

One man didn't lose us that game brotha'.

• 2 weeks later...
according to last year's stats, Suisham had:

Inside 20 no kicks

20-29 10/10

30-39 8/10

40-49 10/13

50+ 1/2

And as for Green Eggs and (Suis)Ham, I think the OP will be the one eating crow once the season starts. The only thing consistent about our kicker is his inconsistency. He blows.

looks REAL inconsistent to me :doh:

Look no further than tonights opening kickoff. Touchback about 9 yards deep in the end-zone.

Like I said it's pleasant to see him boom them into the end zone. And it just hasn't been this game. Maybe he's been doing some extra conditioning because he does look stronger.

Kickers typically get better with some time. No magic fairy dust. If you show some patience with talented players, you can reap the benefits.

Suisham is looking good. He needs another season like last year or better to entrench himself as our guy and make the skeptics go pick on Doughty.

Yeah that was a moonshot. I was impressed.

You must be impressed easily.;) J/K

I will be impressed when he starts making them when they count. In the playoffs and Superbowl.- when there is pressure on him. This meant nothing.

Maybe if he can consistently make them all season long. He is NOT my idea of a clutch kicker. Sorry, I'm not a big Suisham fan.

• 3 months later...
No need for anyone to "eat crow." He was doing very well at the beginning of the season, and this thread was justified at that point.

Personally, I never thought Suisham was particularly good or bad. He's just an average kicker. However, if you told other people to eat crow in Aug. (during preseason no less), then they're certainly entitled to tell you the same now.

This thread is further proof that chest thumping in preseason is bound to make you look foolish later on.

Archived