Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Hall Of Fame Induction Thread....2008

Blondie

Great speeches from all inducted today,but especially for Darrell Green and Art Monk! It was a beautiful day seeing all the faithful Redskin fans attend Canton to see two of our own make it...... Had to wipe a few tears on the Monk speech!:point2sky

I thought Monk's speech was awesome, but I'm surprised he didn't mention Gibbs....green barely mentioned Gibbs.

Both speeches were great, but a bit too much God talk.

Mr. Monk understands why he is now in the Hall of Fame and why he was given this opportunity. God has allowed it to happen. Mr. Monk was only giving credit where credit was due.

Both Art and Darrell deserve credit for not only giving credit to their faith but living in the manner in which they do. You could see it in their sons, in their families, these are two phenomenally good men, not merely good football players.

I swear some people are just down right hilarious...

To much God talk...

Not enough Gibbs talk...

How about next time you write THEIR speeches for them...

Both speeches were great, and both speeches portrayed both players perfectly. These speeches weren't made with your wishes and demands in mind...

Case in point..the poster below me... :doh:

art and darrell have done a lot of amazing things through the years, buy they may have topped themselves tonight...they got rincewind to visit the stadium forum. :party:

I noticed that as well.

I said to myself.. "I don't think I've ever seen him in these here parts..."

:laugh:

GREAT speech by Art... even if it was a little preachy.

Major Harris is correct - they're allowed to thank whoever they want, its their day. I'm about non-religious as they come and even I think Art's speech was amazing.

:cheers:

i agree... it was almost a religious experience watching him... haha.

i think it was the first time i saw him say more than a few sentences.

I swear some people are just down right hilarious...

To much God talk...

Not enough Gibbs talk...

How about next time you write THEIR speeches for them...

Both speeches were great, and both speeches portrayed both players perfectly. These speeches weren't made with your wishes and demands in mind...

QFT.

Let them talk about whatever they want.

They earned it.

If some of you want to get up there and talk about how you're an atheist, then do it.

Just earn the right first.:)

Archived