Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Hall Of Fame Induction Thread....2008

Blondie

Monk and Green just made their ways to the NFL channel set! Oh yeahhhhh.....

And the mod nazis are probably on their way to revoke your sig...:laugh:

Just a friendly piece of advice: make it smaller so they don't get on you. That always sucks, bruh.

:cheers:

I don't see what Darrell or Art said as any attempt to proselytize, they are accepting the final ultimate honor awarded to a football player and shared this as part of who and what they are. They see it as something so fundamental to their lives that it deserves central mention at this moment then ok, that's a honest expression of themselves, not some attempt to convert anyone.

I'm not sure if they will know about this, but to Green and Monk, thank you both. To everyone that was representing the Redskins fans in attendance, thank you all for making it special for two of the greatest to play the game. Thought it was funny when De Bartilo (sp?) was speaking and everytime he spoke of the Cowpies losing, there were huge applause.

I think the greatest thing was the 4 minute standing ovation for Art Monk. It was a great moment, wish I were there, but glad I got to see it, even if only on t.v.

This is getting sidetracked into tailgate territory but I'll respond as someone who thinks religion is a bunch of man made nonsense.

Thanking god for their family or their career or their skills is fine. That's what they believe and who they are, so be it. But to use your moment to preach and spread "the word" is offensive. I'm so used to it now that I usually don't pay attention to it anymore and that's why I didn't mention anything about it in this thread.

I'm "praying" :) for a moment when an athlete/performer/politician comes out in a speech and say "God has nothing to do with it" or "I'd like to thank the spaghetti monster for the strength to achieve this". I wonder how tolerant the "believers" will be for someone expressing their views/beliefs then. :2cents:

People with faith have no problem when other people express theirs, I've found...they "get" the desire to do so, they understand it. So I highly doubt the-quote/unquote-believers would behave anywhere near where you imagine they would.

For the record, neither Green or Monk said anyone had to accept Christ as their savior, they merely said THEY had. How that can be seen as offensive baffles me. But, oh well.

WoW, when monk mentioned that it didn't matter if was going to be in the HOF and that THAT did not define who he was as a person.. Man I couldn't have said it better myself.. I mean just listening to him speak you know theres something different about him.. WHen TJ n Trey mentioned they remembered when Elway got enshrined and THAT didnt equate to what happened to monk today I mean wow..

Its a great day to be a redskins fan.. What a truly righteous day for us all.. HTTR. HTMonk and Darrell Green..

This is getting sidetracked into tailgate territory but I'll respond as someone who thinks religion is a bunch of man made nonsense.

I'm "praying" :) for a moment when an athlete/performer/politician comes out in a speech and say "God has nothing to do with it" or "I'd like to thank the spaghetti monster for the strength to achieve this". I wonder how tolerant the "believers" will be for someone expressing their views/beliefs then. :2cents:

Leave this argument and thought for another thread and for the tailgate. This is Monk's and Green's day....along with the others that were inducted. They have earned their place in the HOF and to say whatever they like on that stage. Don't hijack this thread.

Huge congrats to the HoF for scheduling the speeches with reverence to the Skins turnout and importance of the inductees to our fan base.

And I cannot tell you how proud I am of the Skins fans who made the trip. I was truly moved by the presence and it has renewed my faith in our "family."

Boy, if that wasn't the biggest shot of adrenalin for the start of the season, I certainly cannot remember a bigger one in recent years.

:logo:

you're right, you're in tailgate territory. in the green and monk HOF induction thread. congratulations. :doh:
As others have said...earn the right to stand on the stage, and you can say whatever you want. Just earn it first. :)

And all the rest on this theme....

If it's ok for people to type in this thread about how much they liked the religious stuff it's also okay for people to type out that they didn't.

But let's avoid the drawn out debates between either view or lengthy stances on either side, please.

That's not what this thread is for today.

That is what belongs in the tailgate. :)

Absolutely theo, a big round of applause for all those Skins fans that showed up today to represent us all, even the the fat guy wearing the Frerotte jersey :laugh:

Seriously, this was such a huge day for the entire Skins family and all of us that couldn't attend were there in spirit with that amazing burgundy n gold crowd

Archived