Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Hall Of Fame Induction Thread....2008

Blondie

It made me proud to be a Skins fan watching that induction

Dude, Green and Monk.

In the hall.

Wow.

Art's speech took away alot(not all) of the negative feelings I built up about the HOF over the years. His speech almost moved me to tears. I remember watching him growing up. And i remember the anger i felt when i heard he was on the Jets. I remember the hatred i felt for Desmond Howard and held distrust of the F/O since then. (Of Course Art had a better season then Howard.) Thinking back, i was hating on Desmond Howard for a long time. How silly. I've always felt that letting Art go to another team was a disgrace to me personally and to Redskin's fans everywhere. I hope his induction will lift what i call the 'Curse of the WR' from the organization. (I believe that because the F/O allowed Art to go to the Jets every WR we've drafted since as failed).

Green and Monk are in the hall.

Good men, good christians and great Redkskins.

Hail

:2cents:

I would, I agree.

Look for the McFarlane figures on Amazon. You'll be amazed how many there are. Granted there not bust copies but they're still pretty cool. My Riggo figure is preordered and should come towards the end of the month. Here's a link

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250328

I'd have the Sammy Baugh bust on my desk at work. That would be classic.

I loved Arts speech. I am so proud of both guys. I dont know if its just me, but hearing Darell speak the last couple of years..even tonight....he just rubs me the wrong way. I still love him but just some food for thought.

There was a previous post mentioning this, and I too am a little surprised, that coach Gibbs was mentioned so little. I thought the guys were a little closer....and maybe they are and it was nothing.

All in all it was a great night for Darell and Art..as well as Redskins Nation. The way the Skins fans showed up and represented was amazing! Great job guys!

I dont know if its just me, but hearing Darell speak the last couple of years..even tonight....he just rubs me the wrong way. I still love him but just some food for thought.

There was a previous post mentioning this, and I too am a little surprised, that coach Gibbs was mentioned so little. I thought the guys were a little closer....and maybe they are and it was nothing.

Darrell's a VERY proud guy and a tad self-righteous, but his speech was easily the best of the night. I really thought it was cool the way his "thank you" list was so long. The guy even thanked the turf crew from RFK! He showed great poise and humility. So did Art, who go the ultimate standing ovation in HOF history. :)

I posted in another thread that I thought Joe Gibbs got very little mention last night. I also found it odd.

Congradulations Darrell Green & Art Monk! This is a great time in Redskins history! Once again we are reminded of the greatness of this organization! I know, I'm late with this, but I just got home from a road trip, & turned on the HOF game. Honestly, I was a bit shocked but very pleased to find out the Skins put two guys in the Hall in the same year! Art Monk should have made it before now anyway. IMO--He was the best reciever of his era, & with all the star recievers playing at that time, I realize that was a strong statement, but well deserved. Thanks for the thrills & tremendous hands Art! & thank you Darrell, for the giant heart & killer speed! You guys were electric, & always amazing! & finally, to all of great Redskins fans, who were fortunate enough to have two guys, you could always count on for "The Big Play"--It's a great day in DC--Go Skins!:helmet: :cheers: Hey! Darrell & Art--It's Miller time!

Rest easy tonight Redskins Faithful we all have something to be very proud of today. Our loyal and loving fan base showed up in spades (my wife and I included) today.

Monk and Green gave fantastic acceptance speaches. Our fan base did them and all of us proud. Looking forward to seeing those busts in the HOF tomorrow and watching our current class take the field.

:cheers: :applause:

Another night for resting easy. The team looks good and seem to be buying into the system. This was icing on cake and capped off a fantastic weekend.

Archived