Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Uncontacted tribe' sighted in Amazon (with aerial pics)

#98QBKiller

So how do they know that this tribe has no contact with any other tribes?

And not trying to be funny... but wow, there must be some serious inbreeding going on. Amazing that they look to be in good health.

So how do they know that this tribe has no contact with any other tribes?

And not trying to be funny... but wow, there must be some serious inbreeding going on. Amazing that they look to be in good health.

It says no contact with the outside world, not no other human contact...

More than 100 uncontacted tribes remain worldwide, and about half live in the remote reaches of the Amazonian rainforest in Peru or Brazil, near the recently photographed tribe

So there's about 50 or so other tribes in the area, I'm sure they've come in contact with each other.

I dunno, I lol'd :)

Lighten up folks, people are just joking around. Unless you seriously think Yusef is chartering a plane to go drop suntan lotion on their heads, you shouldn't waste your time getting angry.

BTW, it looks like one of them is wearing a Patriots XLII Champs t shirt

Just kidding man! I'm in a great mood. My wife is going out with my sisters tonight and I'm going to get ripped.

I just hope the Brazilian goverment leaves them the hell alone because they arent hurting nobody. They are minded their own biz.

So you would support going in there and interfering with them...to what end?
That's kind of obvious when talking to me I would think.
They have obviously done well for thousands of years and appear to self sufficient...why bother them?
Why should they be left alone?

You don't think modern medicine would be beneficial to them? Or food?

Remembering some standup who was saying that he, personally was a former member of a famous American Lost Tribe, the fakahwee. Apparently a lot of folks think they're just an urban legend, wandering America for hundreds of years, only occasionally stumbling into contact with a civilized person, and greating him with their tribe's signature "We're the fakahwee".

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwbiggs

So you would support going in there and interfering with them...to what end?

That's kind of obvious when talking to me I would think.

Quote:

They have obviously done well for thousands of years and appear to self sufficient...why bother them?

Why should they be left alone?

You don't think modern medicine would be beneficial to them? Or food?

What right do you, or a religious agenda, have to decide whats right for these people? Maybe they worship there own God...they may be as spritiual as you are. And apparently they are in no need of medicines...but I bet they will be if we interfere.

In a similar story, U.S. researchers found a clan of people in the U.S. who also have had almost no contact with the outside world.

The photos show men outside thatched communal huts near Irving Texas, necks burned by the sun, worshipping shiny headgear with a painted star:

Hillbillies.jpg

What right do you, or a religious agenda, have to decide whats right for these people? Maybe they worship there own God...they may be as spritiual as you are. And apparently they are in no need of medicines...but I bet they will be if we interfere.
Apparently the same right you do when you say its right to leave them alone. :2cents:

Archived