Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Uncontacted tribe' sighted in Amazon (with aerial pics)

#98QBKiller

It is life man. People struggle to survive all over the world. Have done so for thousands of years. Life should be a struggle. The number one problem with the planet right now is, human life has become too easy and as a result, there are way too many of us living fat and happy. Sooner or later, the scales will tip and something is going to happen and well....I guess you know what is going to happen. :laugh:

Why should life be a struggle if it doesn't have to be? Why shouldn't we share what we know with everyone?

I don't see how some think a small tribe is better off being left in unsanitary, dirty conditions where they almost certainly have a shorter life-expectancy than those of us in the civilized world? People get caught up in the romantic aspect of things, but I'm willing to bet this is a brutal, uncomfortable, dismal life for this tribe.

I'm not proposing that we bring them computers, HDTV, and cheetos, but why not offer to teach them what we know about sanitation, medicine, etc. and let them decide. If they want to go on their way, fine. If they want to incorporate some of their mankind's discoveries into their everyday life, shouldn't they have that option too?

You can offer to help without forcing change on people.

Or massacreing the Soiux at Wounded Knee...oh wait. :rolleyes:

We had to exterminate those "Godless savages" didn't we? If you can't convert 'em...just kill them. And that was the eventual policy in Virginia when we came over.

Yeah they were still white. :rolleyes:

Actually the ones that captured the slaves and sent them to not just america but the world were black, so don't let the facts get in the way :doh:

The "white man" might have taken over the land here even were attacked and also killed. They were not as ruthless as some of the great conquerors throughout the history of the world.

The "white man" might have taken over the land here even were attacked and also killed. They were not as ruthless as some of the great conquerors throughout the history of the world.

Lets see...the Ceasars were white, Napolean was white, and wasn't Alexander white...oh and Atilla the Hun was from Europe wasn't he? Oh, and lets not forget Hitler. Doesn't that account for the top of the conquerer food chain?

Why should life be a struggle if it doesn't have to be? Why shouldn't we share what we know with everyone?

I don't see how some think a small tribe is better off being left in unsanitary, dirty conditions where they almost certainly have a shorter life-expectancy than those of us in the civilized world? People get caught up in the romantic aspect of things, but I'm willing to bet this is a brutal, uncomfortable, dismal life for this tribe.

I'm not proposing that we bring them computers, HDTV, and cheetos, but why not offer to teach them what we know about sanitation, medicine, etc. and let them decide. If they want to go on their way, fine. If they want to incorporate some of their mankind's discoveries into their everyday life, shouldn't they have that option too?

You can offer to help without forcing change on people.

1. Because when there is a population explosin, there is a higher demand for food. If the population is not check before the food supplies can keep up, bye bye population.

2. It is my opinion, that being in the jungle a thatched hut is not some horrible sickness around every corner, death trap of a place to live in. Unless of course, you were not born into such a culture. If the tribe in question is successful at all, I'm sure that they keep their "camping area" clean.

3. Because it changes their entire perception of life. Not just in a "look at these great new things that keep us from getting sick" way. It would rock the very core of their belief system. Suddenly, nothing, and I do mean nothing, would be the same. How can we make the decision to do this so lightly.

We had to exterminate those "Godless savages" didn't we? If you can't convert 'em...just kill them. And that was the eventual policy in Virginia when we came over.

Seriously :insane:

Was it race or religion religion? You guys should get your story straight. Door number three Chuck. Greed. :doh:

Lets see...the Ceasars were white, Napolean was white, and wasn't Alexander white...oh and Atilla the Hun was from Europe wasn't he? Oh, and lets not forget Hitler. Doesn't that account for the top of the conquerer food chain?
Atilla was from the steppes of western China/Mongolia.

2. It is my opinion, that being in the jungle a thatched hut is not some horrible sickness around every corner, death trap of a place to live in. Unless of course, you were not born into such a culture. If the tribe in question is successful at all, I'm sure that they keep their "camping area" clean.

you know, you have no more 1st hand knowledge of it than anyone else. maybe less in some instances.

1. Because when there is a population explosin, there is a higher demand for food. If the population is not check before the food supplies can keep up, bye bye population.

3. Because it changes their entire perception of life. Not just in a "look at these great new things that keep us from getting sick" way. It would rock the very core of their belief system. Suddenly, nothing, and I do mean nothing, would be the same. How can we make the decision to do this so lightly.

If everyone adopted your close-minded thinking, populations of civilization would never had interacted with one another. This entire planet would be full of little tribes/nation-states that operated independantly.

I think it's our duty as humanitarians to attempt to help a primitive culture that is probably struggling to improve its quality of life. Just because there are some of these people still around does not mean that they couldn't be thriving even more if they had some of the knowledge we could provide. They could live longer and better for all we know. And, again, if they determined that they were doing things better their way, more power to them. I do NOT suggest that we impose anything on them.

And your quote about rocking the very core of their belief system doesn't fly...that happens to people every day. What if science disproved the existence of a God somehow...should that be hidden because many religious folks would be rocked to the core?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwbiggs

With arrogance, ignorance...and self righteousness.

the irony of the 3rd one...

Yeah the attitude that we have a better way for them and that their way is wrong is being a bit self righteous.

Actually the ones that captured the slaves and sent them to not just america but the world were black, so don't let the facts get in the way :doh:

1.Lots of different races have used slavery through history. Here in the US, we whites are most famous for it. I fail to see your point.

2.I think what you are saying is they were trying to take the land and there was a fight? Yep.

How in the hell did this thread turn to race and religion ? Geez.

Next up: Politics...

easy. a non-religious poster takes a pot shot at christians, which happens quite often. that's a point for the atheists / agnostics. :)

now be visited by missionaries to give them amazing and deadly diseases and a t-shirt.

And your quote about rocking the very core of their belief system doesn't fly...that happens to people every day. What if science disproved the existence of a God somehow...should that be hidden because many religious folks would be rocked to the core?

These people live the jungle and appear to be thriving. To have the amount of technology descend on them that outside contact would bring IMO would change everything about the way that they viewed the world. You and I see it as a life of poverty, but these folks have what they need or they wouldn't be there. I don't see why some of you don't wonder if God has them there for a reason. As for as the other God question, meh, I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole.

Also, I do not consider my self "closed minded" at all. I have not tried to portray my views as the only option, nor have I presented them as facts.

Archived