Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Uncontacted tribe' sighted in Amazon (with aerial pics)

#98QBKiller

Over / Under on how many young girls were thrown into the local volcano to appease the new god in the sky?

I'm going with 12

~Bang

:laugh: :laugh:

got to love the shot of them aiming their arrows at the chopper. Someone needs to contact them and let them know about the internets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwbiggs

What right do you, or a religious agenda, have to decide whats right for these people? Maybe they worship there own God...they may be as spritiual as you are. And apparently they are in no need of medicines...but I bet they will be if we interfere.

Apparently the same right you do when you say its right to leave them alone. :2cents:

Good answer :rolleyes:

:laugh: "Latino" includes many races, and they all have some bloodline from these Indians? Please man.

There was a huge Taino population in south america back in the day. When the europeans (spain, portugal) invaded Brazil several indian tribes went into the amazon to escape. The europeans brought slaves from africa with them. Several years later you a big mix of Indian, African and European which created Latinos.

I'm not speaking nonsense. I know because I lived in Brasilia and Goiania. Its nothing but indians out there. The further west you go the more Indians you will see. I'm part Indian myself.

What right do you, or a religious agenda, have to decide whats right for these people? Maybe they worship there own God...they may be as spritiual as you are. And apparently they are in no need of medicines...but I bet they will be if we interfere.

They aren't animals man. They are people and they have a right to decide for themselves what they want to do. If someone drops by and tells them about the world at large and major religions it's their choice to go on as they have or change. Your assumption is that they are just fine and dandy and none of them would like a different view... based on nothing but your own imagination.

They aren't animals man. They are people and they have a right to decide for themselves what they want to do. If someone drops by and tells them about the world at large and major religions it's their choice to go on as they have or change. Your assumption is that they are just fine and dandy and none of them would like a different view... based on nothing but your own imagination.

I don't know... if I could take NFL Sunday Ticket with me, I'd move down there and set up a nice little hut myself.

They aren't animals man. They are people and they have a right to decide for themselves what they want to do.

Thats right, they aren't animals....but thats not what alot of missionaries consider them to be if they aren't worshiping their God. They never consider that maybe they are there isolated for a reason...maybe it was Gods will?

I don't know... Leaving the religious hot potato out of it, that's the kind of door that can't be shut. Introducing ourselves is making the choice for them.

On the other hand, not introducing themselves is making the choice for them, too. Maybe they'd want to know about the outside world.

Thats right, they aren't animals....but thats not what alot of missionaries consider them to be if they aren't worshiping their God. They never consider that maybe they are there isolated for a reason...maybe it was Gods will?

dude, your statements about missionaries shows your total ignorance on the subject. get over yourself.

I don't know... Leaving the religious hot potato out of it, that's the kind of door that can't be shut. Introducing ourselves is making the choice for them.

On the other hand, not introducing themselves is making the choice for them, too. Maybe they'd want to know about the outside world.

Again they aren't animals. These are people for crying out loud. We act as if they live in some delicate ecosystem that will be destroyed if humans touch it. They can make choices and frankly we might be of some help to them. For all we know members of their tribe are suffering or dying needlessly from easily treated diseases.

The year is 2008 and missionaries aren't accompanying conquistadors these days. Missionaries help people, even if you don't want to acknowledge it. Right now there are missionaries holding the hand of dying africans that have been isolated from their own families. Right now there are missionaries in central america helping the hated poor get through the day... despite people holding onto backward opinions of them.

There was a huge Taino population in south america back in the day. When the europeans (spain, portugal) invaded Brazil several indian tribes went into the amazon to escape. The europeans brought slaves from africa with them. Several years later you a big mix of Indian, African and European which created Latinos.

I'm not speaking nonsense. I know because I lived in Brasilia and Goiania. Its nothing but indians out there. The further west you go the more Indians you will see. I'm part Indian myself.

Okay, I'll take your word for it. Don't forget Asian blood considering all indians in the Americas originally came from Asia through Alaska. And not all Latinos are the same mix of ancestries.

Again they aren't animals. These are people for crying out loud. We act as if they live in some delicate ecosystem that will be destroyed if humans touch it. They can make choices and frankly we might be of some help to them. For all we know members of their tribe are suffering or dying needlessly from easily treated diseases.

Well, that's a delicate balance now isn't it? For all we know, they are completely unable to fight diseases that we would expose them to. The question is, should we put them at risk? Afterall, they seem to have survived just fine without 'modern' medicine.

Hey zoony - don't you think Jared Diamond wets his pants reading news reports like this? This is probably Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year's all rolled in to one for him.

Archived