Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Uncontacted tribe' sighted in Amazon (with aerial pics)

#98QBKiller

I got it from the six or so pictures that are found once you follow the links and read the two articles. :cool:

Best I got. :doh:

oh yeah, a picture's worth a thousand words....and....uh....nope thats it. :doh: :doh: ;)

hmm, the link i clicked was printable text page. i looked for more pictures...i'll look again.

edit: yep, the pics were pretty easy to find.

These people live the jungle and appear to be thriving.
you got that from one picture?

These people have been thriving and living off the land since the beginning of time. That being said..I think that chopper should have touched down and taken a savage or two for research and zoo display. :rolleyes:

You seem to be the one making the mistake. Many natives cultures respected nature. The reasons they didn't slaughter and chop down everything in sight is out of that respect not lack of ideas. Doesn't take a great deal of brilliance to realize you can kill every animal and sell it's skin - it does however take a lot of arrogance and no forward thinking to speak of.

You'd do well to brush up on your anthropology. When native cultures have been given new technologies, they've embraced them. With almost no exceptions.

Of course, we could also just read poems taken from Native American posters sold in college bookstores. That works too :rolleyes:

Not too much but...It is MY PERSONAL OPINION that the white man has been consistent in one thing though out history. And that is spreading disease and wiping out other people with little to no thought as to the impact on the cultures or local ecosystems. Sometimes they think they are helping to educate or enlighten spiritually, and other times they were just clearing out the "savages". Being a white male, I am often embarrassed as I hear people talk of "sending people back to Africa or Mexico" when truthfully, it is the whites who have consistently invaded and taken over indigenous peoples lands.

The idea of a people scraping by on what nature provides to them is romantic to me, and I truly hope that people will someday come to a place where they can be intrigued by other cultures and learn from them instead of trying to actively change them for what they perceive to be better.

That is all. :)

I'm not gonna spend a lot of time on this one... because quite frankly, I don't have the energy or really care enough... I'll just throw it out there that you owe it to yourself to become more informed on the subject, because yours is a position of embarassing ignorance. Seriously.

I'm not gonna spend a lot of time on this one... because quite frankly, I don't have the energy or really care enough... I'll just throw it out there that you owe it to yourself to become more informed on the subject, because yours is a position of embarassing ignorance. Seriously.

Ouch

steve1.jpg

TK is that you?

Prove it wrong...insulting the man isn't proving anything.

Prove it wrong...insulting the man isn't proving anything.

Prove that water is wet. Where would someone even start with such foolishness?

And before you continue to post anywhere on ES, I suggest you figure out the difference between insulting a man and going after an idea or a point of view.

I'll give you that. :)

They also look well fed and strong to me.

Zooney: I'm curious as to what part of my quote you didn't agree with. I know you are pressed for time so I won't argue. ;)

Yea, plus they make their women wear no tops. Clearly a superior society. :)

also: the rent in the jungle is way more affordable than NW... win-win.

Zooney: I'm curious as to what part of my quote you didn't agree with. I know you are pressed for time so I won't argue. ;)

edit: You know what? You asked me to elaborate and I did. I tried to engage in a conversation with you and I got your snide comment. After going back and reading some of your other comments to others in this thread it appears that is what you are offering in this thread so never mind.

Funny - when I saw this story I thought about posting it here. Then I saw it was already posted and thought 'cool, this should be an interesting conversation'. Instead its reading a lot like the typical tailgate thread. Guess we're really creatures of habit.

edit: You know what? You asked me to elaborate and I did. I tried to engage in a conversation with you and I got your snide comment. After going back and reading some of your other comments to others in this thread it appears that is what you are offering in this thread so never mind.

that was to zoony, right?

Funny - when I saw this story I thought about posting it here. Then I saw it was already posted and thought 'cool, this should be an interesting conversation'. Instead its reading a lot like the typical tailgate thread. Guess we're really creatures of habit.

i don't know, i think it's been pretty civil.

but you did notice the completely unnecessary, off topic jab thrown by an atheist / agnostic towards christians that sparked it all, did you not?

i think that's:

agnostics / atheists: 14

christians: 0

are you so pompous and arrogant that you feel you can just come in here and say that the white man is known for all those bad things and then make it ok with a wink emoticon?

grow up.

i don't know, i think it's been pretty civil.

but you did notice the completely unnecessary, off topic jab thrown by an atheist / agnostic towards christians that sparked it all, did you not?

i think that's:

agnostics / atheists: 14

christians: 0

I didn't mean it wasn't civil, just the same old stuff. And it is starting to lean towards the uncivil... another tailgate trait.

As for the score - let's just say I think you're a tad bid bias. ;)

he has a smile emoticon too.

oh well that changes everything then. :laugh:

seriously, this had nothing to do with white people doing anything wrong but somehow some guy comes in here and spouts off about that and totally turns the thread to a negative place.

Archived