• Jerod Mayo, LB
    • Antoine Cason, CB
    • Brandon Flowers, CB
    • Mike Jenkins, CB
    • Aqib Talib, CB
    • Kenny Phillips, S
    • Other

loved that movie!

wasn't it a 3 parter to begin with? Think of all the fun he could have getting into American culture and presidencies?

I don't think Brooks ever seriously intended to make the sequels, but he joked about them at the end of History of the World Part II and because the movie was so good, people (like me) wanted to believe he was going to follow through.

I wouldn't want him to today, because he just isn't the same writer, but if we could have gotten him to do that in the 70's or even early 80's that would have been awesme.

I'm pretty sure there are Debbie Does Dallas sequals...at least that's what I heard once apon a time.... :silly:

In the same vein though, maybe a sequal to the Nero movie of the 70's(not sure if this it the Roman movie I'm remembering as it has been a while since I watched...er heard of such movies) .

Nero movie of the 70's? Are you thinking of Caligula?

Matrix sequels need to be entirely scrapped and done over.

The original Matrix movie does to much. The first one should have set up the idea that Morpheus was the one that would find the chosen one and show how he went about selecting Nero and then ended there w/ the idea that it was "over" because they'd found the chosen one.

Then you come back with a movie introducing some doubt about his assignement as the chosen one, but in the end he validates Morpheus' selection, and then a third that ends in the big fight that ends the movie.

They brought it to such an end in the first one that would be very difficult to have a good 2 and 3 movies (maybe you could get one out of it, but not two more).

Actually there is a sequel. :)

I guess that figures...I just haven't been to that part of the movie store in a while. Darn Blockbuster and their family friendly themes! :mad:

Very happy to hear Sin City will have a sequel.

It would never live up to the original. Let sleeping dogs lay. Now what does beg for a sequel.... The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai! (it'll never happen :doh: )

Supposedly it was planned to make a sequel. (Which kind of surprises me. I'd assumed they styled it as a serial simply because it was a satire of the early sci fi serials.) But it was supposedly tied up in legal fighting for a decade or so, so they gave up.

(BTW, imdb has a lot of really neat trivia about that film. One of the ones I remember was that when they filmed the ending credits, the actors needed to "march" to the closing music. But the music wasn't ready. After some frantic calls to the composer that they needed the music so they could film, the composer told them that the beat of the music was identical to "Uptown Girl". So when they filmed that scene, the actors were actually listening to "Uptown Girl", playing on a boom box.)

To the person who said Blade Runner, Soldier is supposed to be a "sidequel" to that movie.

I would have loved a sequel to the Two Jakes to round out the Chinatown trilogy that was planned, even though the Two Jakes wasn't all that good. Probably won't happen because Nicholson is too old and Who Framed Roger Rabbit actually pretty much used what would have been the premise of the third Chinatown movie.

Not a full-length movie, but I definitely think that the Family Guy should do another spoof of Star Wars for the other two in the trilogy. Blue Harvest was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

And for the poster that mentioned Forrest Gump, there was a book sequel by the author of the original Forrest Gump. It wasn't very good.

Wow...Chachie nailed it!

Although if it's anything like Escape from L.A., it could be an unmitigated disaster.

I always wanted to see a sequel to Running Scared with Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines. Too late now.

Always liked that line:

Watch that third rail. I hear there's 600 Volts in there.

It's not the volts that'll kill you, it's the Amps.

How many Amps?

Enough to push a train.

Chachie..'And when that big mother grabbed me and slung me against the wall and said'...."Have you paid your dues Jack? Have you paid your dues!" 'I looked that big sucker in the face and said..."The checks in the mail!"

Jack Burton and the 'Ol Pork Chop Express....

Archived