• Kentwan Balmer, DT
    • Jerod Mayo, LB
    • Antoine Cason, CB
    • Brandon Flowers, CB
    • Mike Jenkins, CB
    • Aqib Talib, CB
    • Kenny Phillips, S
    • Other

It's based on something John Travolta said in September of 2004.

Travolta Forecasts 'Pulp Fiction' Prequel

6 September 2004 (StudioBriefing)

John Travolta has disclosed that Quentin Tarantino is considering a prequel of his 1994 film Pulp Fiction. In an interview appearing in the Italian newspaper La Repubblica Friday, Travolta, who is attending the Venice Film Festival to promote A Love Song for Bobby Long, remarked that Tarantino calls him every six months to discuss the prequel, in which he would again star as hitman Vincent Vega. "The problem is that we worked together in tight times," he told the newspaper. "Now he makes films for millions of dollars. I don't know if I'd still be OK for him."

But he subsequently quashed that rumor a month later.

Travolta Lays Rumors to Rest

5 October 2004 (StudioBriefing)

John Travolta has dismissed rumors that he will star in a prequel to Pulp Fiction or a sequel to Grease. According to several websites, Quentin Tarantino is planning the prequel, tentatively titled The Vega Brothers, and wants Travolta to star. Travolta himself stoked the rumors at the Venice Film Festival last month when he said that Tarantino calls him regularly about the project. However, in an interview with the Australian website Moviehole, Travolta remarked that The Vega Brothers is "only in Quentin's imagination. That's never been presented to me." He indicated that he had been approached to do Grease 3 but that it was something "I just don't want to do. ... I didn't do [Grease] 2. Why would I do a 3?"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110912/news

Well I agree because I would love to see a Vega Bros. film, it isnt like he hasnt been doing anything. Kill Bill 1 and 2 were pretty good.

I wish that Madsen would be a Vega brother but if Travolta isnt down then thats fine by me too. he has become a bigger douche then before.

Useless trivia: Mr. Blonde's real name is Vic Vega. John Travolta plays Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction. In a cut scene, Nice Guy Eddie (Christopher Penn) is calling a doctor to fix Mr. Orange. Her name is Bonnie. Quentin Tarantino's wife's name is Bonnie in Pulp Fiction. And she's a nurse. Mr. Blonde's parole officer is Seymour Scagnetti. Scagnetti plays the cop in Natural Born Killers. Mr. White used to hang out with Alabama. Alabama is the lead female in True Romance.

Good stuff! I love all that hidden stuff in his movies.

More useless trivia: Tarantino is originally from Knoxville, TN, which is why Tarantino chose Bruce Willis's character in Pulp Fiction to be from there.

Wow...Chachie nailed it!

Although if it's anything like Escape from L.A., it could be an unmitigated disaster.

I always wanted to see a sequel to Running Scared with Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines. Too late now.

I've actually been writing my own idea for a sequel to BTILC for about 2 years now. we'll see if I ever get it sold.

Good stuff! I love all that hidden stuff in his movies.

More useless trivia: Tarantino is originally from Knoxville, TN, which is why Tarantino chose Bruce Willis's character in Pulp Fiction to be from there.

Marcellus Wallace gets butt raped in Pulp Fiction

The truck in Kill Bill is the ***** Wagon

that is all..

The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh. (what was their record the next year and did they defend their title?)

Steele Magnolias (Anyone else die?)

Rudy (Did he make the pros?)

Easy Money (What happened once he was rich? Does the old bat ever find out?)

Actually this isn't part of one of my jokes above. What abour E.T.?

I would have liked to see a sequel to Unbreakable...

Any of the M Night Shyamalan movies would have bad sequels because his movies always have such a concrete ending.

If any of these had sequels, they'd be best as Books, not movies.

Everyone is mentioning Matrix sequels, I'd like to see Matrix prequels in the timeline of the human race giving birth to the A.I. that would eventually take over.

Other movies that have not been mentioned:

The Last Starfighter

Contact

The Usual Suspects

Ferris Buellers Day Off

Total Recall

Chronicles of Riddick

Frailty

Forrest Gump

Bettlejuice

Totally agree on the matrix thought. I've thought a prequel would be awesome for a long time.

The usual suspects has such a clutch ending that making a sequel would just devalue that movie, and we can't have that! :D

And... Chronicles of Riddick is already a sequel...to Pitch Black. Its been a while since I've seen it, but I don't think theres a whole lot left.

Anyways, Kill Bill would be a good one and I know it has been rumored that Tarantino wanted to make another a LONG time from now.... The kid of Copperhead (Vernita Green.... Vivica Fox's character) would be the one with the kill bill, going out to assassinate Beatrix and her daughter.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Big Lebowski. It would be so cool to see another great, quirky adventure for the Dude and Walter. I would think it would be fairly easy to come up with a suitable script. It's not like the loop was closed with the characters or anything.

Another one that I'd love to see is a sequel to True Lies. One of the best Arnold movies ever. Just the right mix of action, humor, and self-deprecation. This was actually considered for a while before Arnold's political career, but I'd still love to see it done somehow.

EDIT: I can't believe someone mentioned CB4...:rotflmao:

Well, the list of movies that should have had sequels, does not reflect in any way on the ones that shouldn't have. In fact, that would be a good seperate thread.

I should also say I was formerly a film editor. I tend to believe if you leave them wanting more, your jobs was successful.

I know they exist, but outside of The Godfather II, I'm having trouble thinking of a single decent sequel. (I'm not a big Star Wars fan)

But to be fair, there is a difference between a sequel and a story that was meant to be filmed in parts such as Star Wars, The Godfather, Bourne series, etc.

I should also say I was formerly a film editor. I tend to believe if you leave them wanting more, your jobs was successful.

Ah, then the mark of a good sequel would be EXACTLY the same thing.

If you can make another movie and still leave people wanting more, it's a good thing. Of course, I'm not talking about leaving people wanting a coherent explanation, like the Matrix sequels; but wanting more of the characters, more of the story, etc.

Ah, then the mark of a good sequel would be EXACTLY the same thing.

If you can make another movie and still leave people wanting more, it's a good thing. Of course, I'm not talking about leaving people wanting a coherent explanation, like the Matrix sequels; but wanting more of the characters, more of the story, etc.

Yes, of course.

But as I realized that most good sequels were really part of a series to begin with (Godfather, Star Wars, Bourne, Indiana Jones), I'm having a hard time figuring out what was just a plain good sequel. Unplanned originally, but a great idea spawned from a great original movie. I have one answer I'll get to in a minute.

But one reason sequels tend to suck is they're all about the money and it's often the same people aren't still working on it. Different director, writer, dp, editor, etc. That's why things like the Godfather, Indiana Jones, and so forth can stand on their own. Die Hard is infinitely entertaining, but hardly a great series of movies and none of which that stand that well on their own without the backstory of the first one.

And the movie I was referring to earlier.....Evil Dead 2 :D

But one reason sequels tend to suck is they're all about the money and it's often the same people aren't still working on it.

Ain't it the truth. But I think we can all agree Hollywood has not done a stellar job quality-wise with producing unplanned sequels. That's why I think it's pretty cool to consider movies whose character arcs could be revisited with entertaining results, but haven't.

The Sword of Doom.

An amazing samurai film from 1966 that was intended to be a trilogy, however only one film was made.

Not all conflicts were relsolved in this movie and the main character Ryonosuke Tsukue's evil soul and internal conflicts were worth more exploration. Furthermore the epic battle with the great Toshiro Mifune was defenitely hinted at in further movies but never happened.

In certain respects a person can speculate the possible demise of Ryonosuke at the end of the movie, as he fights waves of assassins after sucumbing to his madness. However his thirst for blood and suffering could have had caused him to perservere. There are many questions that I have that I would really like to find answers to.

Any fans of samurai or foreign film would find this likely a very interesting movie.

As was explained to Ryonosuke "The soul is the sword, study the soul to know the sword" "An evil soul is an evil sword". He chose to devote his sword and life to amorality and destruction.

Archived