Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst movie ripoff in history.

KevinthePRF

Have you ever seen a movie and it immediately reminded you of an entirely different movie to the point you think a lawsuit should be filed?

My biggest ripoff? Fast and the Furious.

A police officer(sort of) goes undercover with a street racing gang to uncover a string of truck hijackings. In time the cop befriends his peers, with a woman attached. His first hunch of who is behind the hijackings is wrong but he is surprised to find out that the ones he is undercover with is responsible! Now he's stuck with friendship vs his duty to turn in the hijackers. He is even stuck participating in one of the hijackings and in the end, let's his friend, the leader of the hijacking ring, go back on the run.....any of this sound familiar?

It should if you've ever seen Point Break.

An FBI agent goes undercover with a surfing click to uncover a string of bank robberies. In time the cop befriends his peers, with a woman attached. His first hunch of who is behind the bank robberies is wrong but he is surprised to find out that the ones he is undercover with is responsible! Now he's stuck with friendship vs his duty to turn in the bank robbers. He is even stuck participating in one of the robberies and in the end, let's his friend, the leader of the bank robbers, go back on the run, err surf.

Have you ever seen a movie and it immediately reminded you of an entirely different movie to the point you think a lawsuit should be filed?

My biggest ripoff? Fast and the Furious.

A police officer(sort of) goes undercover with a street racing gang to uncover a string of truck hijackings. In time the cop befriends his peers, with a woman attached. His first hunch of who is behind the hijackings is wrong but he is surprised to find out that the ones he is undercover with is responsible! Now he's stuck with friendship vs his duty to turn in the hijackers. He is even stuck participating in one of the hijackings and in the end, let's his friend, the leader of the hijacking ring, go back on the run.....any of this sound familiar?

It should if you've ever seen Point Break.

An FBI agent goes undercover with a surfing click to uncover a string of bank robberies. In time the cop befriends his peers, with a woman attached. His first hunch of who is behind the bank robberies is wrong but he is surprised to find out that the ones he is undercover with is responsible! Now he's stuck with friendship vs his duty to turn in the bank robbers. He is even stuck participating in one of the robberies and in the end, let's his friend, the leader of the bank robbers, go back on the run, err surf.

I have to agree when I saw that movie preview I was like jesus this is point break with cars instead of surfboards.

This thread reminds me of something I've wanted to ask - does anyone remember a movie I believe titled Great White or something along those lines? It was made just after Jaws and the people who made it were sued I believe.

I was young, but I can still remember the previews and I thought it looked pretty good - one was of guy riding one of those surfboards with a sail attached to it - sail glider I guess (forgot the name of it) and he was hit from underneath by the shark and thrown about thirty feet in the air and then pretty much turned out as an appetizer.

I cannot find any hint about it but I'm certain it was made - late 70's early 80's maybe...

So many movies come to mind. For instance, Abyss, leviathen and Deep Star 6 all came out about the same time, they all had the same premis. Holywood does this all the time. Gladiator, Troy, Kingdom of heaven.....there are so many others.

Archived