Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On Clemons and steroids.

JMS

I watched most of Clemons testomony yesterday. I frankly can't believe folks are siding with McNamee over Roger.

McNamee lied to get a job with the Yankees. He said he had a PHD. Fact is he got a PHD from a non acredited mail order school which isn't recognized as a doctorate. The dude lives his life through lies.

When directly asked if he knew his paper mill certificate doesn't allow him legally call himself a Dr. ( He advertises himself as a doctor and got hired by the Yankees as a doctor ).... He said he just found out that his degree was not from an acredited college. Yeah right.... He said he just found out that he was not legally able to describe himself as a PHD.

When he produced five year old suringes and needles supposedly used by Clemons, in a bag complete with an empty beer can, "Dr." McNamee claims he didn't know anything about handling evidence.. ( The man was a police officer on a drug task force before becoming an admitted drug dealer himself..

And McNamee has used and continues to use Clemons name without his permission in advertismements for his business. He promotes himself as Dr. Macafee. The sports nutritionalist who can help kids develop their fast ball, as "Dr." Macafee help Roger Cleamons as a Trainer with the Yankees.

I don't understand why McNamee has credibility with anybody... On the other hand the most damming evidence against Clemons is his sucess on the field, folks think he must be guilty cause he was so exceptional.

I'm biased, I've always been a Clemons fan. He is one of the few Major leagers I've enjoyed following over the years. I wasn't optimistic he would be found innocent of the charges when I first heard them, but now I am just amaized this accusor is even taken sereously.

I also can't believe the sports media doesn't identify McNemee as the scumbag he obviously is. A man who's lied and misrepresented himself for decades.

I didn't write it, but I found it funny.
smile.gif

Clemens
: You want answers?

Congressman
: I think I'm entitled to them.

Clemens
: You want answers?

Congressman
: I want the truth!

Clemens
: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has baseballs. And those balls have to be hit by men with bats. Who's gonna do it? You? You,Congressman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for steroids and you curse HGH. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that HGH, while illegal, probably sells tickets. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, sells tickets...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that mound. You need me on that mound. We use words like fastall, slider, splitfinger...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent playing a sport. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and falls asleep to the Sportscenter clips I provide,! then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a bat and dig in. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Congressman
: Did you order the HGH?

Clemens
: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.

Congressman
: Did you order the HGH?

Clemens
: You're gddamn right I did!!

Having paid more attention to this than i do baseball.. i have to say:

Mcnamee HAS to tell the truth or he's F******... Petit didnt have to lie.

Clemens didn't have to say a word...and shouldnt have....

People say all the blood and test and such are gross, but DNA today would show if its b12 mixed in or not.... thats not he said he said... its the blue dress.

If it was McName against Clemons, I'd agree.

But lets see what we have.

Clemons traininer "He took Steriods"

Clemons best friend "I took them, and Clemons told me he took them"

Clemons wife "I took them as well"

Clemons "By Best Friend and my wife took them. My Trainer was giving it out. My trainer and by best friend said I took them. It wasn't illegal then. But I never did it."

Doesn't pass the laugh test.

I totally disagree. Clemons has every reason to lie. McNamee does not. Neither does Pettitte.

McNamee does have lots of reason to lie. Just being associated with Clemons name helps "Dr." McNamee. "Dr." McNamee has a business in which he trys to mentor young ball players as he once "mentored" Cleamons. McNamee has plenty of motivation to lie.

As for Pettite. What exactly did he say. He was talking to Cleamons once and heard cleamons say he was going to get the "good stuff" from Mcnamee... Pettite says he took that to mean steroids. Clemons says he didn't mean steroids and he never took steroids.

I don't see Pettite as having to be lieing for Roger to be telling the truth. Although I'm not entirely clear on what Pettite said, I just heard Cleamons address the issue in his testomony.

The fact that McNamee is a pathetic sleaze does not change Clemon's guilt one iota, IMO.

The fact that McNamee is a slime and he's the only guy claiming to have first hand knowledge of Clemon's claimed illegal drug use certainly does call that use into question.

If Pettite claimed he injected Roger, or saw Roger inject himself, or saw someone else inject Roger. If any credible guy claimed such. Then I could see making Roger address the issue, and even threaten his HOF vote.

But "Dr" McNamee a systemic lier, he's not creditable.

Him and Bonds are gonna be buddies in jail.

Bond's admitted to useing Steroids. He just claimed he was unaware of what they were at the time. Also there is evidence Bond's purchased steroids from Geico or Petco or whatever that company was.

Roger didn't admit to using steroids. No creditable person has claimed he did. No paper trail has emerged to suggest he has. It's McNamee's word alone which damns him.

Problem with that is "Dr" McNamee is a systemic lier and self promoter. I just don't get it.

Bond's admitted to useing Steroids. He just claimed he was unaware of what they were at the time. Also there is evidence Bond's purchased steroids from Geico or Petco or whatever that company was.

Roger didn't admit to using steroids. No creditable person has claimed he did. No paper trail has emerged to suggest he has. It's McNamee's word alone which damns him.

Problem with that is "Dr" McNamee is a systemic lier and self promoter. I just don't get it.

andy busted him, you have two people saying the same story, you do remember they were friends

that alone is completely damaging

the reason why andy did not want to be at the hearing is because he did not want to burry clemens, and he would of

All I have to say is, what a colossal waste of time and taxpayer money.

Agreed. This is a circus. This is America. If you wanted this to be taken seriously, Roger Clemens and his lawyer should be in front of a JUDGE and a JURY of his peers, and the 2 sides should get to testify and cross examine anyone that has anything to say. It shouldnt be done in front of ass holes from Congress trying to get a little facetime on the TV. Its a trave-sham-mockery of the legal system and government.

I totally disagree. Clemons has every reason to lie. McNamee does not. Neither does Pettitte.

That's the rub right there.

While McNamee may be questionable, Pettite certainly isn't. IIRC, Pettite said Roger told him he was taking HGH, then overheard Clemens telling a group of people he never tried it and Pettite thinking "WTF," or something along those lines.

Bottom line is there wouldn't be such public animosity toward Clemens and Bonds both if they weren't such surly pricks.

Agreed. This is a circus. This is America. If you wanted this to be taken seriously, Roger Clemens and his lawyer should be in front of a JUDGE and a JURY of his peers, and the 2 sides should get to testify and cross examine anyone that has anything to say. It shouldnt be done in front of ass holes from Congress trying to get a little facetime on the TV. Its a trave-sham-mockery of the legal system and government.

Agree but clemens wanted the hearing not congress, he knows there is not enough evidence to get him on perjury, because remember to convict on perjury you have to be able to show 1. he lied under oath, and 2. he lied regarding material evidence (lawyers let me know if I worded it correctly) and they have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, that would be hard

heck it is going to be hard to get bonds convicted

Neither of them are trustworthy. At least McNamee's story is coroborated by other sources (Petitte, the Nanny, etc).

No it's not. Petitte said he got steroids from McNamee once. Said he had a short conversation a year later in which Roger, his good friend, made a statement, which didn't mention steroids, but lead Petitte to believe Roger was also getting steroids from McNamee. something like, I'm going to get the "good stuff" from "Dr." McNamee.

That doesn't mean anything.

As for the Nanny. That doesn't prove anything either. McNamee said he injected Roger in Casenco's house. Roger says at the time Consenco was having a party in his house, he and his wife and kid attended and brought their baby sitter. But Roger played golf with other yankee's for 3 hours out of the four hour party. The baby sitter was employed by the Clemon's to look after their kid at the party and said she went to the party. That doesn't prove jack.

McNamee's testomony isn't coroberated by anybody, from what I can tell. Like I said I watched most of the testomony yesterday.

Bottom line is there wouldn't be such public animosity toward Clemens and Bonds both if they weren't such surly pricks.

but that's just it. Cleamons has never been a surly prick. Clemons has loads of friends on the teams he's played for and has always been a positive in the club house.

No way can you equate Clemons with Bonds in behavior issues.

Oil prices skyrocketing

Wheat prices skyrocketing

Foreclosures out the ying yang

Banks writing off BILLIONS of dollars of bad loans

At first I'm tempted to say "Way to allocate time Congress":rolleyes:

But on second thought, maybe we should have baseball hearings every day. That way we can keep the Dem COngress from ****ing anything else up

God forbid they tackle some real issues

Archived