Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A question for those who believe homosexuality is a choice

Bounce

I've always wondered about this line of logic, because if you go through the list of assumptions, you eventually reach a very interesting place. Let's go on this journey together, shall we?

If homosexuality is a choice, then that means straight people must, at some point in their lives, choose to not be or act homosexual.

If they have to make that choice, that means that, at point, straight people must have been confronted with it. The only way to be confronted with such a choice is to feel some sort of homosexual urge and to decide to ignore it.

So, for those of you who believe homosexuality is a choice.... when did you get your first homosexual urge? What was it like?

And many of the Skins fans who were in love with the physique of former Redskins linebacker Robert McCune, would have loved to match up with him, but they CHOSE not to.

:laugh: I remember that thread, it was ultra ghey. There were quite a few posters who might participate in this thread.

I think a more interesting question is how much do social norms affect what people find sexually attractive?

Right now I'll venture to say that the majority of people of either sex aren't turned on by moderately or grossly overweight people.

However, obesity has risen dramatically over the last 20 years. In fact, the majority of U.S. citizens are overweight. So, if the human species is to sustain itself won't our attraction criteria have to morph so that we eventually as a majority find ourselves prefering to have sex with fat people over thin people?

To your question, I think the bigger issue is not one of homosexuality, but what influences our desires? I don't think people consciously choose what they're attracted to, be it the opposite sex or the same sex, we just find ourselves attracted to certain characteristics without any conscious effort.

The real question is who cares whether it's a choice or not?

The people who are claiming "It's a choice, therefore it's not only OK for me to discriminate against them, it's OK for me to demand that the government force everybody else to discriminate against them, too".

(For some reason, they always leave the second half of their sentence off.)

The people who are claiming "It's a choice, therefore it's not only OK for me to discriminate against them, it's OK for me to demand that the government force everybody else to discriminate against them, too".

Bingo :applause:

For me, if you want to be a pillowbiter, fine. Judgement day comes to all of us. Just don't bring your lifestyle into the schools and tell the kids it's "normal"

I don't think homosexuality is always a choice but history makes me doubt that it's never a choice. Past societies in which homosexuality were considered normal saw activity levels that justified that stance. You think they were all born gay or bisexual?

I think human sexuality is much more complex than people care to admit.

For me, if you want to be a pillowbiter, fine. Judgement day comes to all of us. Just don't bring your lifestyle into the schools and tell the kids it's "normal"

It must be so nice being a hateful man. I'm sure so many homosexual people have had a negative impact on your life . . . I can absolutely see why you should be reduced to calling them names such as a "pillowbiter".

I'm sure on judgement day you will have to answer your own questions . . . probably moreso than a homosexual man that has no hate in his heart.

If homosexuality is a choice, then that means straight people must, at some point in their lives, choose to not be or act homosexual.

This is your first fallacy. Hetrosexuality is a normal state. Hetrosexuality performs a function and that is to keep perpetuating the human race. Homosexuality will not perpetuate the human race.

It could actually be argued that homosexuality is natures way of choosing which genes need to be taken out of the gene pool.

This is your first fallacy. Hetrosexuality is a normal state. Hetrosexuality performs a function and that is to keep perpetuating the human race. Homosexuality will not perpetuate the human race.

It could actually be argued that homosexuality is natures way of choosing which genes need to be taken out of the gene pool.

Then you agree that it is not a choice?

Then you agree that it is not a choice?

No I still say it is a choice, I am just presenting another side of the arguement. Either way it is a deviant behavior.

I don't hate homosexuals, they do their thing and it doesn't affect me at all. However, I don't appriciate them trying to justify deviant behavior by trying to convinve me that it is normal, when it is not. Fact remains that while this is a relatively free country, some of the decisions you make in life can limit your choices. Don't whine to me when your choices limit your options and you don't like it.

You know what's ****ed up?

Everybody gets so homophobic.

People, we need to cut that **** out...

'cause everybody in this room got at least a gay cousin.

Every last one of you got a gay cousin.

You knew he was gay when y'all was kids.

You was playing ball, he was jumping rope.

He didn't turn gay, he was gay then.

He just didn't have nobody to be gay with.

****, l got a gay uncle. Call him Aunt Tom.

Every Christmas he comes over with his ''friend.''

See, it don't make no sense to hate nobody.

lt don't make no sense to be a racist,

sexist, or nothing, but.... lt don't.

lt doesn't.

lt don't make no sense...

'cause whoever you hate

will end up in your family.

That's right, you don't like gays,

you're gonna have a gay son.

-Chris Rock

No I still say it is a choice, I am just presenting another side of the arguement. Either way it is a deviant behavior.

I don't hate homosexuals, they do their thing and it doesn't affect me at all. However, I don't appriciate them trying to justify deviant behavior by trying to convinve me that it is normal, when it is not. Fact remains that while this is a relatively free country, some of the decisions you make in life can limit your choices. Don't whine to me when your choices limit your options and you don't like it.

How is it a choice if you yourself couldn't choose it? How is it ia choice if you say that it is genetic?

Looks to me like you need to say that it is a choice in order to rationalize your view that they should not have equal rights under the law.

You know what's ****ed up?

Everybody gets so homophobic.

People, we need to cut that **** out...

'cause everybody in this room got at least a gay cousin.

Every last one of you got a gay cousin.

You knew he was gay when y'all was kids.

You was playing ball, he was jumping rope.

He didn't turn gay, he was gay then.

He just didn't have nobody to be gay with.

****, l got a gay uncle. Call him Aunt Tom.

Every Christmas he comes over with his ''friend.''

See, it don't make no sense to hate nobody.

lt don't make no sense to be a racist,

sexist, or nothing, but.... lt don't.

lt doesn't.

lt don't make no sense...

'cause whoever you hate

will end up in your family.

That's right, you don't like gays,

you're gonna have a gay son.

-Chris Rock

LOL. Exactly.

I pity hateful people. Apparently this forum is full of them.

So then if this country went heavily toward another religion (so much so that it discriminated against others, like you are inferring against gay people) you would be fine with having limited freedoms because you are a Christian? Religion is a choice as well. Also, it is deviant behavior...according to YOU. Why do you need to impose your own beliefs on the rest of us. My guess is that when you get to the pearly gates, the lord is not going to say, "thank you for being a biggot towards the people I created based on their sexual orientation, Please come in." "Love all my children....except the gay ones"

It must be so nice being a hateful man. I'm sure so many homosexual people have had a negative impact on your life . . . I can absolutely see why you should be reduced to calling them names such as a "pillowbiter".

I'm sure on judgement day you will have to answer your own questions . . . probably moreso than a homosexual man that has no hate in his heart.

We'll have to wait and see. What you call "hate" a lot of people call morals. What God calls homosexuality is an "abomination"

Archived