Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A question for those who believe homosexuality is a choice

Bounce

I wasn't talking about your past. What you did, you did. I stole things in the past, we both grew and learned. What I was talking about is the fact that you seem to be saying that the only reason you don't steal now is because of the bible, not because you think its wrong to screw over your fellow man.
I think your misunderstanding me here. What I'm saying is that, yes I feel its wrong in every way to "screw over your fellow man." But I didn't really before I began reading the Bible. Its not just that I read the bible and it says "don't steal" so I don't. Perhaps that is how I felt initially when I began reading the bible, but its part of who I am now as a Christian. The command to not steal is written on my heart. Its not some dusty law that I follow legalistically. It's the spirit of Christ in me.

Does that make sense?

Some people can't grasp the concept of personal responsibility and need others to just lay down the law for them. Thats really the only reason we have religion.

Unfortunately, these people also have difficulty grasping the concept of moral relativity.

Could you be a little more condescending?

Actually i have to disagree with this:

The big bang theory says (now) there was nothing first and then the universe was stretched out in something like 2 seconds. (kinda like the first paragraph in the bible)..

So there was nothing first and then everything was put in place throughout the universe including our sun, which then had to heat the earth and it takes time for the heat to get here, so there was definitely cold before there was heat.

So its cold unless there is a source of heat.

Strictly speaking scientifically (which is the point Zguy28 was making), this view is incorrect. Heat is created by the motion of molecules. More motion, more heat. Less motion, less heat. On the Kelvin scale, absolute zero is the temperature when there is no energy (and no motion of molecules) in the system. That's as low as it goes.

Thus, there really is no "cold" per se. It's just a question of more or less energy, more or less motion, more or less heat in a particular system.

You can even see this in your own example ("it takes time for the heat to get there"). It's not less cold, it's more heat.

An interior decorator art major that happens to meet a gaggle of gay domineering mom guys that are lonely AND in the straight minority.. alrighty then...

A pastor/potter art major that has had several gay friends in the past has recently come across 3 guys who share a similar story of broken backgrounds that led to a deep need for male affirmation in any form they could get it.

carry on.

I think your misunderstanding me here. What I'm saying is that, yes I feel its wrong in every way to "screw over your fellow man." But I didn't really before I began reading the Bible. Its not just that I read the bible and it says "don't steal" so I don't. Perhaps that is how I felt initially when I began reading the bible, but its part of who I am now as a Christian. The command to not steal is written on my heart. Its not some dusty law that I follow legalistically. It's the spirit of Christ in me.

Does that make sense?

I guess. Maybe its just hard for me to understand since I pretty much set my own morals and don't turn to the book - not suggesting that's bad, just a simple fact.

:cheers:

I've always wondered about this line of logic, because if you go through the list of assumptions, you eventually reach a very interesting place. Let's go on this journey together, shall we?

If homosexuality is a choice, then that means straight people must, at some point in their lives, choose to not be or act homosexual.

If they have to make that choice, that means that, at point, straight people must have been confronted with it. The only way to be confronted with such a choice is to feel some sort of homosexual urge and to decide to ignore it.

So, for those of you who believe homosexuality is a choice.... when did you get your first homosexual urge? What was it like?

YOU TOUCHED MR. WINKY! DIDN'T YOU?!!!:silly: :puke:

Could you be a little more condescending?

Speaking as the resident expert on condescension, I'd have to check his spelling before making a determination. :silly:

*EDIT* I guess this joke makes little sense to those who didn't read the other thread. Oh well. Most of my jokes are just as bad. At least this time I have an excuse for why people don't think it's funny. :)

Archived