Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Predict the Redskins 2008 Season thread game (with rules)

Walking Deadman

I'm going to start us out 8-8.

Might be a bit of a cop-out but when I don't know our coach, don't know if all of our injured guys will be back for the start of the season and I don't know how our schedule will shape up, I just don't see how I can say 12-4 or 4-12 type predictions. I'm gonna start at .500 and work up or down based on moves from here on out.

1/28/08: 11-5. This is better than any year of Gibbs 2.0, which will cause the Gibbs-haters to point out that we did better after he left. And the rest of us will point out that he built the team.

2/14/08: 12-4. Zorn has been named Head Coach, and bringing his version of the West Coast Offense to DC. Feeling really good about that. Byner and Lazor are gone to Seattle, in exchange for Zorn and Stumpy. I guess we're gonna be the Washington Seaskins. Hail to the Maroon, Black and Yellow! :point2sky

12-4

Campbell turns the corner faster than expected. Hits receivers in strides. Hits the deep balls. We get a couple tall receivers.

IMO next season will depend how Campbell plays. Coaching is pretty much the same on the defense side. Most of the D will return and we'll add a few pieces and we'll perform similar to last year.

Campbell is the key and I have full trust in him. I just hope he's learned from his 20 starts and that whatever happened previously he brushes aside and starts fresh but now with much more experience and a highly touted qbs coach/offense coordinator to help him. He has the will, the talent and the work ethic...it's just a matter of putting it all together for 60 minutes a week.

OK. With no head coach, questionable hirings and promotions, a mass exodus of free agents and player releases due to no renegotiated contracts, and serious bad will between the players and management as well as fan discontent..............I'd say a probable record is: -2 and 18

I love it. This board spends WEEKS ****ing incessantly about everything under the sun of, or having to do with the Washington Redskins.

Yet, along comes Mr. Prediction Thread, and the answers are 14-2, 13-3, 12-4.....

God, we're a pathetic lot. :laugh:

This is a cool thread, so I am in.

1/29/08 - I am going 8-8. I think there are a lot of problems right now. Not with just the coaching search. We have problems at OL, CB, DE, and WR. Campbell will have to learn a new system, again! Once this season is over Snyder will fire everyone "again" and we will start over next year. Although, I really hope these coaches stick around for a long time. The Defense will be the unit that keeps us in games "again."

12-4 or 6-10

I don't believe the Skins can do anything worse then 6-10 because of the talent we have, but with good coaching we could easily be 12-4

I like the decision on the new DC Greg Blache

I will save "judgement" on Jim Zorn until we see what he brings to the table.

I think that this team's mindset depends on who they hire for HC. Honestly I believe Ron Meeks might be the man for the job but who knows.

1/28: I believe that the skins have a good team with good chemistry, I dont believe that a new HC will mess with that, if anything I think that the skins will be better offensively next season with one play caller using an easy to use play book, If JC can learn to run for the easy 1st down the skins will be even better than I think. Defensivly the skins are very good, we will have the best safties in the NFL next season and I believe that the corner will do well, the line is safe and the linebackers very good, all in all every redskins has something to prove next season and I believe that with the teams we will be playing outside the NFC and those outside the NFC (E) I would expect a return of 12 and 4 at this stage the losses will be to Giants (1), Cowboys (1) Seattle thats 3 of 4 at this stage I think that one of the outside NFC teams will get over us on a road game.

1/28: I believe that the skins have a good team with good chemistry, I dont believe that a new HC will mess with that, if anything I think that the skins will be better offensively next season with one play caller using an easy to use play book, If JC can learn to run for the easy 1st down the skins will be even better than I think. Defensivly the skins are very good, we will have the best safties in the NFL next season and I believe that the corner will do well, the line is safe and the linebackers very good, all in all every redskins has something to prove next season and I believe that with the teams we will be playing outside the NFC and those outside the NFC (E) I would expect a return of 12 and 4 at this stage the losses will be to Giants (1), Cowboys (1) Seattle thats 3 of 4 at this stage I think that one of the outside NFC teams will get over us on a road game.

I agree with this:applause:

13-3 I understand this is high based on the past few years but I see JC going into his third year at QB in a system (WCO), more in line with what his skills are. I also like the fact that we have most of our draft picks this year and believe our new coaching staff will use them on a DE, OG or OT and a tall WR with good hands. I will lower this to 10-6 if we don't use our first two draft picks on the line. I never liked the pick the best player. Teams need to draft based on team needs period....

No coach but people are predicting 13-3 and 12-4 already?

OK.

I'm thinking more like 7-9. If everything comes together and whatever new offense we use actually works then maybe a few games higher is possible. I'm not too excited though, some players will want out, we will likely sign a few new guys looking for a Redskins payday, etc.

Archived