Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Predict the Redskins 2008 Season thread game (with rules)

Walking Deadman

I didn't think you put that much faith in my viewpoint, Califan.

If this team could actually WIN 12 games, I would probably spend the couple thousand dollars to go see a playoff game at FedEx Field; though I'm not holding my breath on spending that money.

Oh, I put a lot of faith in your viewpoint to be wrong lol...

And I can sincerely say that I hope you're maxing out your credit card by the time the season ends...:applause:

Staying with 12-4, what the hell :cheers:

Interesting how you made it a pick as you go type of prediction thread b/c my b-i-l, s-i-l and myself did this after the Bills game. There are 4 of us that watch the games together usually, my b-i-l, s-i-l, my b-i-l's brother and me. After the Bills game, we all felt comfortable saying this team could go 10-6 despite having a rookie HC.

So..1st prediction(on honor system) 10-6.

Immediately following the Carolina game, we all changed our numbers(yes that quick). I said, perhaps 9-7, 8-8 at best.

So 2nd prediction(on the honor system) anywhere from 9-7 to 8-8(worse case scenario).

Well following the Jax game...I second guessed myself again(big surprise..right?). I dropped my numbers to 6-10 *perhaps* (everyone leaves a little wiggle room right?:doh:).

So my 3rd prediction before the season even starts is 6-10. I'm hoping for better obviously...but I've regressed back to my old.."here we go again" ways of the '90's.:(

6-10, hope to see 8-8. concerns with both lines (health, chemistry), qb (will he step up), recievers (health, will the rooks be able to add anything), secondary (health, skill set/ability), special teams (new punter/holder/rookie). health is listed a lot and, granted its always a concern, there are several key players coming back from major injury or are injured now.

of course anything better is fine with me.

Aiight. This is my start post in this. I'll say 10-6.

I think the real offense is the one we saw on the opening drives of the first two preseason games. The last three games I think Zorn was thinking more of evaluation than exhibition.

So, I hope Joe Theismann words come true and this offense becomes "scary efficient".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

July 23rd 2009,

Skins go 11-5 and are absolutely dominant on Defense, they start off the season 6-0.

The Skins beat the Giants in OT in the first game of the year. Key plays, Rocky Mcintosh fumble recovery for TD. Jason throws 1 TD(Thomas),1 Int. Suisham 2 FG's 1 in OT to beat Giants. Final Score 20-17

Skins then blowout Rams in a redemption game for last season. Campbell throws 3 TD's(ARE,Thomas,Sellers) Suisham makes 2 FG's. Defense holds the Rams to just 6 points on two field goals. Final Score 27-6

I will go through the rest before the season when I have time.

Skins have a similar season like the Titans last year. We make it to the NFC championship game against the Brett Farve lead Vikings.

2009 Prediction :)

I'll go with 10-6. I want to say we'll be better but I think we'll get 10 wins and get a WC birth.

What will be interesting is week 1 vs the Giants. Same matchup to open the season last year. Its a measuring stick game so we'll see if we've gotten up to the NYG level yet.

I think we'll go 3-3 in the NFC East yet again.

I think we'll go 3-1 against the AFC this year.

Our other 4 wins will be against STL, DET, TB & ATL.

7/23/09: 9 - 7. I don't like this prediction that I made, but I went through each game and this is what I got.

Giants: Loss. This is a tough one to gauge as they always are in openers. The differences in last years opener were the crowd coming off the Super Bowl, Jacobs and Burress. Hopefully we can jump on them early. It's basically a push, IMO, and I side with caution.

Rams: Win. Should've won last year, and I'm confident that the team will be ready to go thinking about what happened last year. We still have a better squad.

Lions: Win. Though they have to get better, they still don't look too good. Plus we have a good history against them.

Buccaneers: Win. Rebuilding mode if I ever did see one.

Panthers: Loss. They give us a lot of trouble for some reason. If it was home, I'd probably feel a bit different.

Chiefs: Win. An improving team, but I still think we have the edge. And God help me if we don't because I'll have to hear it from my buddy who's a Chiefs fan.

Eagles: Loss. Though I think we match up well against them, it's a night game. Enough said.

Falcons: Win. Here's to hoping that Matt Ryan has a sophomore slump. I'll be surprised if he doesn't come down to earth somewhat.

Broncos: Win. McDaniels has one heck of a job on his hands after all the alienation tactics he seems to have gathered while studying under Belichek.

Cowboys: Win. Playing better against them and fired up to play them in the new stadium.

Eagles: Win. The match up is still favorable, but we don't have the darkness working against us.

Saints: Win. Besides the opener against the Giants, this is the toughest call to make. Amazing offense, but they'll be matching up to what is hopefully our killer Defense. I'm playing optimist here since I was pessimist the first push game I encountered.

Raiders: Win. Two stout defenses going head to head, but I think we're a better team with way less distractions.

Holy cow, we've won 6 in a row, what's going on?

Giants: Loss. And this is where the wheels fall off. Another night time game. Until we actually win one, I'm going to look at these as a loss.

Cowboys: Loss. As above.

Chargers: Loss. Norv strikes back.

Maybe if we're lucky we get into the playoffs at this point, but losing 3 in a row it don't look good for the long term prospects

As you can see on page 2 even before we had a coach I predicted 7-9 for last year. Surprisingly, with a guy who'd never been an OC before we go 8-8, but it was a scrub schedule and we had that no turnover thing winning us games early. A few of the early wins seemed kinda flukey to me as well which is why I pretty much lost faith in them after they choked to the Rams, even though they were still 4-2.

The bad sign is losing 6 of 8 though and barely beating horrible Lions, Browns, and Seahawks teams. That reminded me of guys like Norv/Spurrier here or what we've watched Dallas do every single season for 12 straight years.

So once again I'll predict low. 9-7 or worse, which is bad when you look at our very easy schedule. We really should be able to sweep the AFC West, should win 3 in the division and should beat the Rams, Lions, Bucs, and Saints which would be 11 wins. We should win at least 11 with the 5 losses being 3 division games and I'd say also Falcons and Panthers.

But I don't see it happening that way. We'll probably do something like sweep Dallas but lose all Giants/Eagles games and also San Diego despite it being Norv, but we beat Carolina, but lose to the Bucs and some other team to make up for it. I'd hate to say Lions or Rams but from watching last season we could have easily lost the Lions, Browns and Seahawks games as well and finished 5-11 and finishing the way we did is never a good sign. It almost always means the team will tank the following season.

So I say 8-8 give or take a game.

• 1 month later...

Archived