Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Predict the Redskins 2008 Season thread game (with rules)

Walking Deadman

I want to give us a good record because it seems lately first year head coaches blow up.

We'll see. I don't have a lot of confidence in our defense. It will be average, not bad, not good.

I think our offense will be better. So reverse last year.

Top ten offense, middle of the pack defense. Minus the GibbsFactor - 8 and 8.

My prediction has been upgraded to 12-4. Reasoning noted in post above mine.

I didn't think you put that much faith in my viewpoint, Califan.

If this team could actually WIN 12 games, I would probably spend the couple thousand dollars to go see a playoff game at FedEx Field; though I'm not holding my breath on spending that money.

4/28: 8-8

while i think we had one of the best drafts of anyone this year, i don't see anything that will pull us out of mediocrity. at least not right away.

really though, it all depends on campbell performing well and the offensive line staying healthy. the defense should hold their own as they have over the last four years (2006 being an anomale). if campbell rises to star status this year, the sky is the limit for this team.

1/28/08=13-3 Homefield Advantage

This team deals well with adversity, and they have plenty of that right now.

2/14/08=13-2-1 Homefield Advantage

Changed my mind....Tie instead of a loss in Seattle because of Zorn.

4/28/08=14-2 Homefield Advantage

Its been a long time since they had such a good draft.

i think Jim Zorn's offense is gonna be sick. With our draft pics we are stacked on O.

however our defense probably wont be quite as good as last year due to the fact we lost greg williams and carlos wont be back till late in the season.

i start off sayin 10-6 because our offense will carry us. I believe the skins fans will be surprised how efficient we will be because one of our biggest problems was our redzone offense and i believe that will be vastly improved with our 3 new redzone threats

I nailed last years prediction with 9-7. Won a case of Sammy Adams and got to watch us in a post season game.:D Not too shabby there.

Now I will again put my superior intuitive powers to work to produce this years harvest.

Redskins will go 10-6 with a 5-1 division record. This will include a sweep of DallAss, Gints and a split with the Vultures.

We will make at least the second round of the playoffs.

We WILL beat the Seachickens at HOME this year!:wavetowel

Mark it down.:notworthy

Enjoy.

:munchout:

10-6, We come out of the gate strong. Our offense should have been upgraded with the draft and our o-line seems to be healthy. If our D can play on par with last year we will be just fine there. It will take a few games for the rest of the league to catch up with Zorn's new offense, the key to this season is #17....and our players staying healthy of course. Portis will have a monster year, Pro Bowl bound 1500-1700 yards at least. We have to utilize ALL of our weapons, we will see more of a Patriot-esque spread offense this year 2 TE set's, 4 and 5 wide...should be exciting.

5/2/08

I'm thinking 7-9 right now. As much as I love the skins we have a tough schedule, and a new offensive system can be tough to put in.

Along with that, we're still very weak with depth at LB, and until that gets addressed I'm not going to think we get above .500. Corner depth is an area of concern as well. I do like Tryon though, but I'm waiting to see how things look in camp and/or preseason before I get too excited about the possibilities.

Although, I am satisfied with Oline depth, I don't see what we'll do if we get defensive injuries like we did in '06. Springs and Griff going down was ridiculously hard on us, and they're both on the wrong side of 30... I know you can't count on a player getting hurt, but I just don't see what we can do at corner, linebacker, or DT without a huge dropoff in talent.

05/02/2008

Predict 7-9. Hate to be a downer, but its not realistic to expect big things from Zorn's first year as a play-caller, much less an HC. In a year or two (if he gets that) this will be a dangerous team. However, I don't see us making it to the playoffs with some already lingering injury problems from Los and Rocky, combined with coach's inexperience, and the players learning a new system.

This is still Joe Gibbs team, and although the restructuring process has begun, we're built as a power running and over-the-top downfield passing team, not a WCO. The defense figures to finish in the top 10 though.

• 3 months later...

08/11/08:

Ok, I am getting into this late and we have completed two pre-season games...

As of now I think we can pull off an 11-5 season. Reasoning:

Zorn brings a new offense. This will net us at least few games we would normally lose to anemic offense late in the game. We should score more with this system.

Zorn himself is largely an unknown commodity. The other coaches don't really know what is in his bag of tricks. This will net us a couple of games we would normally lose due to the confusion factor early on.

The D will be steady, but not likely as strong as last year. The improved O will offset this and the Skins will win more of the Away games this year than last.

8/11/08 - 11-5: Bringing back basically all our starters will mean that we can just build on last year with a fresh new face as head coach with more aggressive play calling and offensive weapons we can easily get 2 more wins. And I think our defense will remain strong like last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived