Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Funny Thing About Those WP Guys :)

TK

Considering some of the opinions expressed on this board, I wouldn't want ANY owner to take some of the advice on this board. Certainly, feedback can be useful, but it shouldn't drive decisions.

Personally, it amazes me those who ream Snyder, then go and suggest stuff that is even stupider than anything Snyder could think of.

Jason

Amen! :applause:

Too bad there isn't an IQ check before registration to the board is granted.

They can claim what they want. JLC put himself out on a limb and was flat wrong as of right now. I hear a little "you see they changed their tune because WE broke the story" yeah sure. And by the way anyone selling anything needs to take their consumers seriously when discussing the future of the franchise. Base the decision on what fans think NO, but take it into account, YES.

I respect that the decision is Danny's as the owner and while I agree that it would be foolish to make a decision based on fan reaction alone, I think the sheer MAGNITUDE of the reaction (at least to the best that it can be measured) is something that could give any owner pause. On Spurrier, there were some that were like "eh, maybe" and some that were like, "GREAT" and others like, "OH NO!" The sentiment on Fassel seems to be very LARGELY like an "are you kidding me?!" kind of feeling, which is a bit alarming.

For me, I won't pretend that I know how good or crappy a coach Fassel might be. I just feel similar to what I think the players may be feeling...and what I think has the whole rest of the league laughing at this whole circus. All the media folks are like, "don't listen to the players because of course they want the coaches they like" but to me, I don't think that's the main thing. Before Gibbs came back, pretty much ALL of the vets that had been with the team for awhile were begging and screaming for continuity from one season to the next. Even if we didn't achieve the ultimate goal in any given season, there was some solace in knowing that there was something to BUILD on for the next year. Jason's first season as a starter he seemed to show way more promise than most would have expected..he at least showed PROGRESS from last year. The MAIN thing missing just seemed to be more experience in the system he's been learning for the past couple of years. With Gibbs stepping down, it's frustrating to learn that the owner doesn't seem to have the patience to see where this path would have ended up with the man you consider to be your QB of the future having a full season (although shortened by injury) in the same system as a starter under his belt. Having BOTH sides of the ball start over completely from scratch just seems like a HUGE step in the wrong direction when the team was finally starting to get some continuity.

But, I still bleed burgundy and gold, so I'm along for the ride either way. MAN, but it's frustrating to be going through this all over again...at a time where it seems to be unnecessary!

Like said before. If dan is listening to fans during this coaching search. I have lost all respect for him.

He should not listen to us. If he feels Jim Fassel is the best for the job,than he should hire him.

You are so dead wrong as to stating that the Skins front office should not consider our opinions in this selection process.

I am willing to bet that Mr. Snyder has a member of the Redskins staff monitor this forum to note how we respond to this selection, and yes, our input does matter. After all, this is free marketing for them without having to pay a polling firm for the fans opinions. You must keep your avid supporters happy and consider their input.

You have to keep in mind that this forum is SANCTIONED by the Washington Redskins franchise. It would be a costly mistake to take their sanctioned fan base for granted. We help pay for the luxury of having an NFL franchise and we deserved to be heard.

Snyda should take the fans into consideration...absolutely to some degree...he is the owner but he is also the steward for a team that has been OURS for longer than he has been alive...this is one situation where the fan voice does matter...!

That is why he is such a challenged owner...he does not know how to build a community that feels good and strong...he is a cutthroat unfeeling businessman and it seems not a builder of strong good feeling organizations...buidling a winning NFL football team is WAY different than an advertising company with proper timing and cutthroat drive. The community/fanbase matters!!

I would of thought he would have learned from Gibbs something about how to read people and build them up and work with them...maybe its beyond him...

Zorn was a joke he is not going anywhere how hard was it to see that???

Now he has screwed his relationships w/ GW AS all coaches and the team...

Thanks Danny...

the only way you can fix this DS is to eat some serious crow and hire GW and keep it all intact and see what we can do....are you man enough?

You are so dead wrong as to stating that the Skins front office should not consider our opinions in this selection process.

I am willing to bet that Mr. Snyder has a member of the Redskins staff monitor this forum to note how we respond to this selection, and yes, our input does matter. After all, this is free marketing for them without having to pay a polling firm for the fans opinions. You must keep your avid supporters happy and consider their input.

You have to keep in mind that this forum is SANCTIONED by the Washington Redskins franchise. It would be a costly mistake to take their sanctioned fan base for granted. We help pay for the luxury of having an NFL franchise and we deserved to be heard.

Fassel is hired and the skins start winning ball games. Fans would shut the hell up.

If gregg williams is hired and we go 6-10, fans will ***** and moan. Vise versa.

We dont know if fassel or willams is the best coach.

Of course the players, fans , current coaches all want williams. why?

For the players....... its job security and they dont want change. I get that,but that might not = winning ball games. Change means that somebody might lose there job. players dont like that.

For the fans.......its gregg was here 4 years and he went threw the death of #21. people look at him like family..and I can understand that. he also has learned from our h.o.f coach joe gibbs. Still might not = wins.

And how does our opinion on football matters have any weight?

Really, it doesn't matter what we think now of a coaching hire. If the team wins, people will come out and support the team and spend money. If it doesn't, things go the other way. That really is what should be important, not what we think now.

Jason

Fassel is hired and the skins start winning ball games. Fans would shut the hell up.

If gregg williams is hired and we go 6-10, fans will ***** and moan. Vise versa.

For the players....... its job security and they dont want change. I get that,but that might not = winning ball games. Change means that somebody might lose there job. players dont like that.

For the fans.......its gregg was here 4 years and he went threw the death of #21. people look at him like family..and I can understand that. he also has learned from our h.o.f coach joe gibbs. Still might not = wins.

Nothing is a given.

Romeo Crennel had one foot out the door after the 1st game of the season and was looking pretty good by the end of the year.

My biggest problem right now is the fact that with Joe gone, Vinny and Dan are getting more power. And things didn't go well the last time they were running the show.

My dream would be that Snyder would turn the football ops over to someone like a Scott Pioli or someone on his staff.

Give the head coaching job to someone like Russ Grimm, Mike Singletary, or an up and comer like Josh McDaniels.

But, Danny likes to drive the car, so we know that won't happen..........

If anybody thinks Josh McD is ready to come to DC as a HC you are not thinking straight...

1. he stated he is not ready and not leaving

2. how hard is it to see he is the flavor of the month because of Brady, Moss et al?

3. He is unqualified to be a HC period.

4. He could not put together a staff and I think no one currently on staff would want to work with him or the players...please...he is a young decent playcaller under BB's thumb that is all.

Well of course...that's the whole hindsight is 20/20 thing. There are plenty of things that might not equal wins. That's why they play the games and yada yada yada. But I would think the owner would like to be conscious of the MESSAGE he's sending to the organization, the players, and the fans. If I remember correctly Snyder was talking up "continuity" in Gibbs' departure press conference like he was planning on at least going that way, even if he didn't know exactly what was coming next. To me, and I guess to a lot of people, that seemed like the next logical step toward IMPROVING a team that has been building for the past few years. That sends the message that you are keeping in mind that continuity, as much as possible, would be a GOOD thing for this franchise. At least until it becomes obvious that a complete upheaval is needed.

It was like this year with Campbell. We knew there would be growing pains because he's young and still learning. But that doesn't mean you just abandon the JC plan altogether. You have your share of folks who just won't be reasoned with, but I think most sensible fans were pretty pleased with a our young QB's first season with the same offensive system as the previous year. You have to be patient with that kind of thing. I'm frustrated because I think JC is a HUGE part of what determines where this franchise is headed, but how on earth can you expect him to grow and improve when you keep CHANGING things on him? I think another year or two of at least SEEING what would happen with the same system in place would have bought Snyder some time for people to consider that a change might be in order. But IMMEDIATELY after Gibbs leaves you seem poised to blow EVERYTHING up? That's just difficult to comprehend.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would be less annoyed if we at least TRIED a couple of years of continuation and did miserably than if we just blew the whole thing up (after some measure of success) and failed. If we do go with Fassel and start all over and do well, I'll be happy of course, but I won't backtrack from my opinion. I think giving GW a shot would be the best way to go right now. If we go with Fassel, whether we go all the way to the Super Bowl or suck horribly, nobody will know if GW would have worked out or not. You can only find out what's at the end of one path at a time. :2cents:

Well of course...that's the whole hindsight is 20/20 thing. There are plenty of things that might not equal wins. That's why they play the games and yada yada yada. But I would think the owner would like to be conscious of the MESSAGE he's sending to the organization, the players, and the fans. If I remember correctly Snyder was talking up "continuity" in Gibbs' departure press conference like he was planning on at least going that way, even if he didn't know exactly what was coming next. To me, and I guess to a lot of people, that seemed like the next logical step toward IMPROVING a team that has been building for the past few years. That sends the message that you are keeping in mind that continuity, as much as possible, would be a GOOD thing for this franchise. At least until it becomes obvious that a complete upheaval is needed.

It was like this year with Campbell. We knew there would be growing pains because he's young and still learning. But that doesn't mean you just abandon the JC plan altogether. You have your share of folks who just won't be reasoned with, but I think most sensible fans were pretty pleased with a our young QB's first season with the same offensive system as the previous year. You have to be patient with that kind of thing. I'm frustrated because I think JC is a HUGE part of what determines where this franchise is headed, but how on earth can you expect him to grow and improve when you keep CHANGING things on him? I think another year or two of at least SEEING what would happen with the same system in place would have bought Snyder some time for people to consider that a change might be in order. But IMMEDIATELY after Gibbs leaves you seem poised to blow EVERYTHING up? That's just difficult to comprehend.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would be less annoyed if we at least TRIED a couple of years of continuation and did miserably than if we just blew the whole thing up (after some measure of success) and failed. If we do go with Fassel and start all over and do well, I'll be happy of course, but I won't backtrack from my opinion. I think giving GW a shot would be the best way to go right now. If we go with Fassel, whether we go all the way to the Super Bowl or suck horribly, nobody will know if GW would have worked out or not. You can only find out what's at the end of one path at a time. :2cents:

I see what you saying.

I think as far as JC goes, he screwed either way.

I dont think that gregg likes sauders system.

Dan does not like saunders system.

If they hire a new coach he will bring in his own guy, so I dont think sauders will be here either way.

I agree DieHardLady. At least try some continuity and see how it ends up. For Snyder's entire tenure its been one change to another, QB and coaches flying in and out. So for ONCE, can we at least try some continuity and see if it actually works?

Dont knock it till youve tried it. We havent yet.

So I was thinking about continuity...

This next coach will make for 6 HC in the past 9 years. Gibbs was HC for 4 of those years.

Over the past 15 years, the Redskins have had 18 different QB's start. Only the Bears have had more. The one thing we have tried, more than any other, is changing things up year in and year out. The one thing we HAVENT tried is some continuity(in other words, not gutting the entire coaching staff).

I believe the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

Let's not start gloating just yet. If the Skins truly are steering clear of hiring Fassel, that's a good thing. But it's premature to suggest that it's because of us. It's also premature to even assume that Fassel's off the table. JLC is speculating that the fans may have had something to do with this, but it really is speculation.

I agree that people should keep screaming about this issue. But to assume that we turned the tide on this is presumptuous at best.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....I hope with all hope that regarding personel decisions this owner and the rest of the braintrust are NOT listening to fans on a message board or elsewhere.

These are the same people that get upset after big name FA's are signed when all along they loved the moves at the time.

None of us have any inside info on who would work the best with the FO or who has the best plan for the future of this team. We don't have a clue.

Not a single clue.

Dan, do your search-take your time and **** the masses. If it fails so be it, but gather the info and don't shy away from anyone b/c fans are saying this or that. That would be the only stupid thing to occur.

I don't think it has to do with fan uproar, but more like the unavailability of the desired assistants. Dan wouldn't act until the bottom line is affected because he has put absolute **** on the field in the past and people still kept his bottom line in the black.

Archived