Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Funny Thing About Those WP Guys :)

TK

JLC in his blog & Maske on the Cowherd show have both claimed that Dan has now backed off of Fossil due to fan reaction. Has anyone else noticed if it's just the WP citing the negative fan reaction, or are the national media guys mentioning this as well? And are the national guys referencing the WP if they're mentioning it, or are they just saying it as well?

Like said before. If dan is listening to fans during this coaching search. I have lost all respect for him.

He should not listen to us. If he feels Jim Fassel is the best for the job,than he should hire him.

I respect that opinion. But in this case, if Dan cowering to fan reaction changed his decision, I'm all for it.

Like said before. If dan is listening to fans during this coaching search. I have lost all respect for him.

He should not listen to us. If he feels Jim Fassel is the best for the job,than he should hire him.

True that man, sometimes the right decision isn't always the most popular one.

Let them think that they know what is going on behind the "veil of secrecy" and allow their heads to swell because they think they are so important that they and their readers/listeners influenced the coaching hire. The fact is that they don't know **** about this or anything else that has been going on for the past two and a half weeks.

I listened to a little of the Dan Patrick show this morning and he had the guy from PFT on (forget his name). They talked about the negative reaction the Fassel speculation was having among the fan base, but didn't say if it was having an effect on the decision. The PFT guy seemed to think Fassel was a decent choice.

Take that for what it's worth.

Hail,

H

True that man, sometimes the right decision isn't always the most popular one.
Me being in the Military for 12 years I have been in alot of leadership positions and I have learned alot. I'm not trying to compare football to the Military,but as a leader you can't.........I will repeat.......YOU CAN'T let outside people have influence on you decisions.

You have to run it the way you want to. you have to make the best decision that you feel is right. Not what joe smo thinks.

We are just fans. We dont know jack **** about building a NFL franchise.

I want dan do what HE feels is right.

For whatever is given as the eventual reason, the deal seemed to fall apart because the trio of coaches fell apart.

I'm more ticked that they're considering a guy (Fassel) who can't stand alone.

I don't know if I totally agree with that. Do I think Synder should hire based on who the fans actually want? No. He's done much more research and spent much more time on this than we have. However, I do think that he should pay attention to the negative reaction to Fassel (sp?). If a majority (like 80 - 90%) of the fan base hates this idea, then something is wrong. But I do not believe he should make his decision solely based on how the Redskins community reacted. I've lived in the area all of my life and feel that we are a big part of the team.

Me being in the Military for 12 years I have been in alot of leadership positions and I have learned alot. I'm not trying to compare football to the Military,but as a leader you can't.........I will repeat.......YOU CAN'T let outside people have influence on you decisions.

You have to run it the way you want to. you have to make the best decision that you feel is right. Not what joe smo thinks.

We are just fans. We dont know jack **** about building a NFL franchise.

I want dan do what HE feels is right.

And you really think Danny Boy has a clue at what he is doing. Other then bringing back Gibbs what has he done that was smart in building a NFL franchise?

Very good point. Although, personally I didn't have a lot of respect for him (football-wise) in the first place.

The reason why I think Snyder is listening is because of the whole secrecy/mystery candidate thing. Why else would Snyder hide Fassel? It's not like he was in demand or would be in demand if it got out that the Redskins were after him. The only reason to hide Fassel was because Snyder knew fans would hate it.

I listened to a little of the Dan Patrick show this morning and he had the guy from PFT on (forget his name). They talked about the negative reaction the Fassel speculation was having among the fan base, but didn't say if it was having an effect on the decision. The PFT guy seemed to think Fassel was a decent choice.

Take that for what it's worth.

Hail,

H

Were they 'just talking' about it or did they lead into it due to or citing the WP? That's the point of this thread. I didn't listen to ESPN Radio this morning. I'm trying to figure out if it's just the WP that started the spin that Dan has backed off of Fassel due to the negative fan reaction, or if it's the media in general doing it without taking that lead from the WP.

Archived