Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPDATED JLC - Fassel/Ryan/Zorn

RyansRangers

I actually think that has the makings of a pretty great staff. Zorn is highly thought of and Ryan's reputation is well known.

Two problems:

1. Does Fassel have any say in his coordinators? It seems weird that they would all be hired together.

2. Is Fassel good enough to lead that staff?

Part of me would prefer Ryan as HC with Zorn as OC and whoever Ryan wants as DC.

Exactly, and who is to say Ryan or Zorn won't leave in a few years anyway? I don't really have a problem with it, only with those that you mentioned.q

I actually think that has the makings of a pretty great staff. Zorn is highly thought of and Ryan's reputation is well known.

Two problems:

1. Does Fassel have any say in his coordinators? It seems weird that they would all be hired together.

2. Is Fassel good enough to lead that staff?

Part of me would prefer Ryan as HC with Zorn as OC and whoever Ryan wants as DC.

I'd prefer that over Fassell. I just can't get over him having the final say after the debacle that was Baltimore.

Isn't that the same thing everyone said about Williams/Saunder/Gibbs? I fail to see how this changeover will do anything but cause the team to regress.

Wow. Wonder what we will have to give up for Ryan.

In the long run, it could be a decent staff.

Trying to be optimistic.

zorn and ryan? all for them. saunders and williams had a lot about their units that i didnt like. ryan is a much better DC than williams, point blank. dont know a lot about zorn. saunders might have worked out but he seemed really handcuffed, or maybe campbell just couldnt get his offense. either way, im ok with the blowup of coordinators. maybe ryan will get us a real pass rush!

but fassel is a horrid idea. bringing in a 60 year old coach for a rebuild is the stupidest idea ever. there isnt a single silver lining on that cloud.

All that family BS...comming together in the grips of tragedy...Continuity...BLA BLA

What a crock of S***

I cant wait to hear Greg and Al tell their side of the story...Oh Yes, somebody in the press has got to hold the Little guy's feet to the fire on this one.

Exactly, and who is to say Ryan or Zorn won't leave in a few years anyway? I don't really have a problem with it, only with those that you mentioned.q

you hit the nail on the head. You have two coordinators that want to be head coaches soon so you will get 2 years out of them then they are gone..just like marvin lewis

Synder has fallen into Tom Cruise' web of Scientology....that's the only explanation for this.

Yup! The Orgs, Xenu ... they're all involved in ruining our franchise. Damn that Scientolojinx Cruise.

(If I don't laugh I swear I'm gonna jump out my window)

Remember when Dallas hired Phillips and Garrett last year we all laughed at them. And they went on to a great season. This could be the same thing that happens here. I'm not happy about Williams not getting the job but we have to live with it.

I'm still laughing at them. What good is going 13-3 and getting homefield througout if you lose your first playoff game. The Cowboys are going no where with Phillips (that record is almost as phony as the 2006 Bears 13-3 record) and neither are the Redskins with Fassel.

Here's looking forward to going through this debacle again in 2 years when Snyder realizes he goofed up again.

I'd prefer that over Fassell. I just can't get over him having the final say after the debacle that was Baltimore.

Problem is, Baltimore's offense was a debacle long before Fassell got there. Nothing Billick did fixed it.

Personally, I don't know what all the groaning and moaning is all about, really. Fassel has had success in the past, Zorn seems pretty interesting and Ryan did a good job in Baltimore. We could do much worse.

Jason

After the toll this season took on the coaches, players and fans, I expected more out of Danny and Cerrato. I guess it was just not to be.

I actually thought Danny and Cerrato might have learned something as well and actually weren't lying through their worthless teeth when they talked about the importance of continuity. But it is obvious now they could care less about that. They don't care what the players think, they don't care what the Gibbs thought apparently, they don't care about what the fans think. God I wish this was just a bad dream.

If only the Skins were a publicly traded company so there could be a hostile takeover. Or at least a board of directors to show Danny and Vinny the door. That is what is supposed to happen to megalomaniacs and incompetents when they fail in the business world. Lucky for them, they now run more of a dictatorship.

Don't be surprised if many of the players we need to restructure refuse to do so now. Also don't be surprised if a couple of surprise players ask to be traded or don't want to come back if they are FAs.

Ryan comes from the same coaching tree as GW - Buddy Ryan. He runs a base 4-6 and also mixes in the 3-4 and 4-3. He is not a straight 3-4 only guy.

Can someone start a thread on this so people stop having nutters about our lack of a nose tackle please. wait no. The last thing we need is another thread on coaches!

In the long run, it could be a decent staff.

Hooper, I agree with you. I am not terribly excited about Fassel, but I think the staff as a whole could be pretty good. Ryan is one of the best D-coordinators in the league. And I am a fan of Zorn, who is a smart coach who could be here for a while if everything works out. Who knows.

I was not too excited about GW taking over, and I am lukewarm at best about Fassel. But I really like the coordinators if this is how it shakes out.

Archived