Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPDATED JLC - Fassel/Ryan/Zorn

RyansRangers

Way to go Daniel Snyder. Way to ruin what this '07 team had done. They had all bonded together after Taylor's death and behind both Gibbs and Williams led us to our second playoff appearance in 4 years.

But I guess that wasn't good enough for you. You couldn't be happy with having a Top 12 franchise, you want to have the worst franchise but which sells the most jerseys.

(Un)fortunately I love the Redskins too much and will never give up on them, but if you hire fossil you certainly deserve to lose the fanbase' support.

very well said :applause: :applause: :applause:

Well if thats how it goes down so be it. I'll wait for the official announcement and then get behind the new coaching staff and keep my fingers crossed.

No point wasting any time on angst and what should have/could have been.

Actuallly I like the new co-ordinators - assuming this does actually happen.

Going to be an interesting offseason .......

Originally Posted by argentina_redskins

Way to go Daniel Snyder. Way to ruin what this '07 team had done. They had all bonded together after Taylor's death and behind both Gibbs and Williams led us to our second playoff appearance in 4 years.

But I guess that wasn't good enough for you. You couldn't be happy with having a Top 12 franchise, you want to have the worst franchise but which sells the most jerseys.

(Un)fortunately I love the Redskins too much and will never give up on them, but if you hire fossil you certainly deserve to lose the fanbase' support.

Is anyone willing to protest at Redskins Park?????

Did Danny actually dismiss Gibbs????? Maybe he resigned as a nice way to step down??? This is not continuity! This is blowing up the entire Gibbs regime! I think Joe was asked to go; that's the only explanation for this horrible decision to bring Fassel in with his coaches. I believe the players will have a little mutiny when it's time to re-do some contracts.

It is what it is. I don't see how our current defensive personnel is good for a 3-4 defense though. Would we pretty much need a new D line and more linebackers?

And our best passrusher isn't as effective in the 3-4. This is going to set our defense back.

It is what it is. I don't see how our current defensive personnel is good for a 3-4 defense though. Would we pretty much need a new D line and more linebackers?

Ryan comes from the same coaching tree as GW - Buddy Ryan. He runs a base 4-6 and also mixes in the 3-4 and 4-3. He is not a straight 3-4 only guy.

To me this pretty much puts Dan Snyder in the proper perspective. He is a two faced, lying control freak that will ultimately ruin this franchise with his continued involvement in areas where he has no bussines being part of the decision making process.

There's also something to be said about Snyder's blatant disregard for the Rooney rule. The rule was specifically put in place to keep coaching retreads from continually landing on their feet and to give minorities an opportunity to move up in the coaching ranks.

Hiring a known failure of a coach that we've been able to observe fumbling and bumbling through the NFC East first hand is emberassing to say the least.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Everyone is waiting to hammer the contract details out but barring a last second change of heart, disaster, whatever, this is how its shaping up

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Until this is official I will be praying for "a last second change of heart, disaster, whatever" ...

For the love of God, what could they be thinking?!?! :doh:

Archived