Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPDATED JLC - Fassel/Ryan/Zorn

RyansRangers

Wow, so this is it huh? A complete rebuilding project is about to get underway. So much for that continuity and staying the course Dan was saying at Joe presser.

Expect to see the NFC East to look something like this for the next several years.

dallASS

New York

Philthy

The laughing stock of the NFL (The Redskins)

Thanks Dan and Vinny "The Sidekick" Cerrato for bringing back that brand of football that we missed the last 4 years. I can't wait to see your fantasy football picks!

It's going to be really fun watching the Burgundy and Gold get embarrassed every week and back to being dominated by dallASS again! Hail!

Remember when Dallas hired Phillips and Garrett last year we all laughed at them. And they went on to a great season. This could be the same thing that happens here. I'm not happy about Williams not getting the job but we have to live with it.

In the long run, it could be a decent staff.

Trying to be optimistic.

Let's not forget that this is the Washington Redskins. The term "long run" is nonexistant in our dictionary. Otherwise, there would have been a plan already set for after Gibb's leave, and this coach hunt would have not been a hunt at all. But yeah, it could potentially turn out to be a pretty good overall staff.

First thing when I thought when I saw the title: Holy ****.

The direction this team MIGHT be heading in is totally different than what was the normal and accepted consensus a month ago, or even a week ago. That said, I would rather have Cowher than Fassel. But again, nothing is official...

Originally Posted by argentina_redskins

Way to go Daniel Snyder. Way to ruin what this '07 team had done. They had all bonded together after Taylor's death and behind both Gibbs and Williams led us to our second playoff appearance in 4 years.

But I guess that wasn't good enough for you. You couldn't be happy with having a Top 12 franchise, you want to have the worst franchise but which sells the most jerseys.

(Un)fortunately I love the Redskins too much and will never give up on them, but if you hire fossil you certainly deserve to lose the fanbase' support.

Is anyone willing to protest at Redskins Park?????

I am. I would definitely go protest at Redskins Park.

Very busy @ work these days... and am just hearing about all of this.

Here's my reaction, in particular about Rex Ryan:

Dan watches football. We've all heard about his call to Gibbs when he was watching the Minnesota game, telling Gibbs not to run it up the middle.

Much had been made of when he saw UF beat MD by a huge score, and henceforth became somewhat enamored with the idea of Spurrier coaching the Skins.

This is obviously just out-of-the-woods conjecture here, but I wonder if he didn't like watching the Pats blow the Skins out this year, and did like how the Ravens D played against them.

I don't know. I really can't figure this out very well, except I suppose Gregg Williams - despite being the favorite of many of the playerse - doesn't get along with Dan or doesn't "fit in" to Dan's plans. I don't like this direction, from where I sit. Maybe something is known that I don't know, sure, but from where I sit, me no likey.

I actually think that has the makings of a pretty great staff. Zorn is highly thought of and Ryan's reputation is well known.

Two problems:

1. Does Fassel have any say in his coordinators? It seems weird that they would all be hired together.

2. Is Fassel good enough to lead that staff?

Part of me would prefer Ryan as HC with Zorn as OC and whoever Ryan wants as DC.

Agree with all the comments saying this is the pits. Been a fan since 1970 and this might be my last straw. Used to be this forum had some optimism. A few weeks ago it was the players who were still pumped for the new year, even after a playoff loss. They came out in support of Gwilliams. Now, you have coaches (rumour) at the college bowl game complaining. Wait til the players come out and start the grumbling. Another year of....Fill in the blanks about player "x" not fitting the system, about Jason not being able to learn the new offensive system(the 8th one in 9 years or whatever). I can hear Aikman now saying that this Redskins team was close a year ago, now they are set back. They need new players to fit the scheme. With no draft picks, and no cap room....

This sucks.

Thanks Danny for the continuity speach. Pure BS.

What is a true redskin? Guess you have to dump all the ones Joe brought in and re build in the image of the NY Giants. Boneheaded, crybaby, no heart players.

people have a hard time accepting change. Lets be realistic here. The last 4 seasons worth of teams, 2 of them were awful, 2 of them were decent. None of them were great. Gibbs is gone, and from the looks of it, so is Williams and Saunders. Why don't we let this one play out before we start calling for anyone's head. Based on this whole "continuity" thing, we are heading for a 5 or 6 win season next year with the former staff in place. Could it be that Snyder wants some fresh blood? We have most of the talent on the field, we need help with coaching. Period.

When you are pissed off after every game due to the teams inconsistency, its time for change. I just don't understand some people....

Hiring a known failure of a coach that we've been able to observe fumbling and bumbling through the NFC East first hand is emberassing to say the least.

Known failure:doh: :doh: Look I'm not that excited about the guy either but kets keep this in perspective.

How many Super Bowls have you coached teams to? He does have a winning record as an NFL coach. Not Vince Lombardi maybe but not chopped meat either.

Oh man, what ever are we going to do!!! we are going to lose ground on a 9-7 (That we had to go undefeated for the last 4 games to get mind you) season (that we only had because NO and Minn decided to completely choke) Just so we can choke in the playoffs with the lead and let Seattle score 20 on us in the 4th...

Give me a break, as far as I'm concerned even with a complete overhaul we aren't losing anything. Give the guys a chance.

For all you guys saying your not going to go to a game, or re-up season tickets.. Good riddence, you were clearly fair weather fans anyway.

Definitions of depression:

a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity

a long-term economic state characterized by unemployment and low prices and low levels of trade and investment

natural depression: a sunken or depressed geological formation

sad feelings of gloom and inadequacy

a period during the 1930s when there was a worldwide economic depression and mass unemployment

low: an air mass of lower pressure; often brings precipitation; "a low moved in over night bringing sleet and snow"

depressive disorder: a state of depression and anhedonia so severe as to require clinical intervention

a concavity in a surface produced by pressing; "he left the impression of his fingers in the soft mud"

angular distance below the horizon (especially of a celestial object)

Remember when Dallas hired Phillips and Garrett last year we all laughed at them. And they went on to a great season. This could be the same thing that happens here. I'm not happy about Williams not getting the job but we have to live with it.

the difference is those coaches fit the schemes and players in place. neither of them had been fired from their most recent stints as coaches either.

Danny wants to be like Jerry Jones.

Such loyal fans, such a worthless owner. Truly tragic.

Here's to 4-12 next season and 0-6 in the NFC East. :doh:

BTW- Which QB would you guys like to draft in 2010 when Fassel is fired and we're looking for another coach?

:doh: :( :doh: :( :doh: :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Archived