Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPDATED JLC - Fassel/Ryan/Zorn

RyansRangers

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

All of my reporting leads to this trio topping the coaching staff.

Jim Fassel is expected to be named head coach as soon as tomorrow, and the hold up is negtoations with the Ravens reagarding Rex Ryan. As I previously reported, contrary to other reports the Ravens block a lateral move for Rex Ryan and are in fact doing that. The sides may reach an agreement, but Ravens ownership badly wants to keep Ryan, who the players love there. Fassel and Ryan spoke as recently as last night sources said and Ryan interviewed with Snyder Sunday night, according to sources.

Zorn, as we were the first to report, interviewed for the offensive coordinator job. He is set to depart around 5:40 and if all goes well he would be the leading candidate to replace Al Saunders as the offensive coordinator (or whatever fancy title they want to use).

Everyone is waiting to hammer the contract details out but barring a last second change of heart, disaster, whatever, this is how its shaping up

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I don't care. I'm just going to have to hope that they work miracles next year.

I mean, I've been proven wrong before. I thought the Redskins season was over when Brunell was named starter for Week 2 versus Dallas in 2005. I thought the Redskins were shooting themselves in the foot when they traded Coles for Moss.

But then again, I also thought Steve Spurrier would lead the Redskins to the promised land. In 2003, I thought after the 3-1 start, we'd be going to the playoffs. When Joe Gibbs, came back, I thought playoffs. In 2006 after acquiring Randle El and Lloyd and Carter, I thought we were going to the Super Bowl.

So who knows.

Way to go Daniel Snyder. Way to ruin what this '07 team had done. They had all bonded together after Taylor's death and behind both Gibbs and Williams led us to our second playoff appearance in 4 years.

But I guess that wasn't good enough for you. You couldn't be happy with having a Top 12 franchise, you want to have the worst franchise but which sells the most jerseys.

(Un)fortunately I love the Redskins too much and will never give up on them, but if you hire fossil you certainly deserve to lose the fanbase' support.

Archived