Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D.J. Hackett > Roy Williams, Chad Johnson, etc.

method man

He really got to play starting the 2nd half of 2006. He is the reason they let Darrell Jackson go. When he played this season, he was Seattle's number one. Moss and Hackett would be an excellent tandem.

Agreed, Hackett is a relative unknown because of who he's had to play behind the last several years, but he's the real deal. I wouldn't give Roy Williams a bunch of money and Chad Johnson is going to be on his way down. Hackett has nowhere to go but up and if you could get him on the cheap he would be great. The injury thing would be a concern.

Agreed, Hackett is a relative unknown because of who he's had to play behind the last several years, but he's the real deal. I wouldn't give Roy Williams a bunch of money and Chad Johnson is going to be on his way down. Hackett has nowhere to go but up and if you could get him on the cheap he would be great. The injury thing would be a concern.

Hackett has some potential and could be a cheap alternative to getting us a bigger Wr. I almost made a post about him the other day. But he was the #4 wr in Seattle even when healthy Branch #1 then Engram and Burleson.

I would take Chad Johnson over all the Wr listed he is the 1 guy who i think can improve this team drastically.

I would also take a serious look at Jerry Porter the guy is big and a athletic freak who could get deep regulary and make circus catches, look what getting out of Oakland did for Moss. If i was a talented Wr thier i would be complaining to they have'nt had a Qb able to throw them the ball in forever.

no way in hell.

let's sign another FA WR to never see the field. Haven't we seen enough with lloyd and patten? Hell, even ARE and Moss have a hard enough time staying healthy.

We need a true #1 Receiver. Hackett is not that guy. Besides, he is less talented then Williams and CJ

As for the contract? 50 mil, 15 mil SB. That's ridiculous.

If we are going to acquire a WR, go get DJ Hackett. He will be cheaper than Williams and Johnson who will be looking for huge extensions. Hackett's one problem is staying healthy (which was the case this past season). However, when he has been healthy he has proven himself to be a number 1 receiver. He is 6-2 210 and can do it all as a receiver. He is one of two receivers who owned Springs this season (TO being the other one). Furthermore, he played 4 regular season games. In 2 of them, he went way over a 100 yards.

I thought he was Seahawks #3 wr. But I could be wrong. I like Ingram but not until he becomes a F.A..

Have you looked at our WR corp? Moss and ARE are at best a number 2 WR. It can even be argued that ARE is a number 3, atleast on the Redskins. Because Moss is a much better WR than ARE.

We need to move Moss to the second slot, ARE to the third, and bring in a guy for the number 1. I really don't think it is high on the priority list. As we need to add depth to our lines. But, Moss' days as a number 1 in DC is no longer. His one real good season was kinda skewed with his ability to take a quick out to the house or atleast for a great big gain.

Dude is a gamer, playmaker, whatever you want to call it. But, he is average at best as a number 1. He would be a dangerous number 2. I really think it is time to take the pressure off of Moss, in hope to keep him healthy, and add a true number 1.

I don't expect this to go well with the Moss homers but, thems just my opinions. :cheers:

Thank you. We are so limited with Moss, its not even funny. He doesn't attack the middle of the field and most of his catches are near the sidelines.

Can't agree here, I'd even rather have Jerry Porter. I believe that we've seen recently how the Raiders can kill a talented receiver.

If I had my choice though of Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, Chad Johnson or Roy Williams...All things considered, including the price, I'm on the Roy Williams bandwagon.

Remember when Jerry Porter took two SHOTS from Sean Taylor on consecutive plays and still held on to the ball? That was the reason the Raiders beat us that game. But anyone who can take shots like that and get up and take another one I want on my team. He also played at WVU, which gives him bonus points in my book.

That said, I too am on the Roy Williams bandwagon. He has done some really amazing things in Detroit and fits Campbell's needs perfectly.

Hackett is a monster and can do pretty much everything. I don't know if he's better then those guys, but he can probably near their production in the right system.

Someone may be able to sign him cheap because of his injury problems. Of course, there are some injury problems.

He'd look great in B&G.

Hackett is a monster and can do pretty much everything. I don't know if he's better then those guys, but he can probably near their production in the right system.

Someone may be able to sign him cheap because of his injury problems. Of course, there are some injury problems.

He'd look great in B&G.

Yeah - another former Seahawk named Shawn Springs had a much bigger injury bug before coming here and as performed at a high level throughout most of his time in Washington.

Hackett would be the most cost-effective acquisition and would bring desperately needed size and route-running ability to our corps.

Not spending FA dollars on a WR over line depth > any of those WR's talked about.

I think we've learned that a nice chunk of good WR's are mid-late rounders now. I don't think it would be a problem if you drafted a WR or two. Just make sure they aren't shorter than 6 feet.

WR is one of the hardest positions to call in the draft. So, it is better to get at least a semi-proven commodity in FA. Good teams draft line depth, not sign them.

Couple things made me laugh. DJ Hackett>Williams>Chad Johnson...and the fact that somebody said they'd give him a 50 million dollar contract. We don't need another Brandon Lloyd on this team

You even bother reading the first post? For Williams and Johnson, you will have to give up, at minimum, a 2nd round pick and a bigger contract than the one Hackett would get. Because of the new CBA, I'm willing to sig bet you that Hackett is going to get a 15 mil SB.

You even bother reading the first post? For Williams and Johnson, you will have to give up, at minimum, a 2nd round pick and a bigger contract than the one Hackett would get. Because of the new CBA, I'm willing to sig bet you that Hackett is going to get a 15 mil SB.

No way he gets that kind of dough 15 mil SB are you serious!! I would say closer to the Crayton deal with 8 mil SB being on the high end IMO.

I'd cough up a 8-year 50 mil deal with a 15 mil SB.

For a receiver who has never caught 50 balls?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I mean, what receiver in the league makes that much now? You could get 2-3 good receivers for that kind of cash.

Sig bets are weak...unfortunately I can't peddle your money in a REAL bet so I'll just take the benefit of the doubt of being right when Hackjob doesn't get a 15 mil SB

The Seahawks may actually let Hackett walk. Sure, we don't want to lose him, and he's probably one of the top 3 priorities to re-sign, but there are just too many guys becoming free agents for the Hawks this year, and there might be someone like Hackett who may/will slip away

I'd be pretty stunned by 15 mil. But it is a bit hard to guess numbers with the way the cap has gone up.

Archived