Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D.J. Hackett > Roy Williams, Chad Johnson, etc.

method man

I liked the OP's original proposal -- looking at FA WRs that are not "top tier" like Chad Johnson and Roy Williams. D.J. Hackett falls in this category.

First of all, drafting a WR means we'll probably have about a three-year wait to see if the WR blossoms into a very good or elite WR. Then our reward for waiting that long we get to try to hang on to that WR, probably be in his contract year, but who's drawing interest around the league. Most importantly against drafting a WR, our current WRs coach (Stan Hixon) hasn't done that good of a job in developing new WR talent.

Now instead if we could land a decent #2 WR like Hackett, at a decent price -- we'd be better shape with our WR situation. An economical signing of a UFA WR allows us to draft folks for the offensive or defensive line -- or another CB to replace Springs.

We're going to have to get realistic about any "WOW!" signings in 2008-2009. From what I've seen of the Skins salary cap issues -- for the next couple of years we are going to have to economize on our free-agent signings, and draftee signings as well. It's going to take a while to get maneuvering room under the cap so we can again be able to aggressively go after the top-tier free agents.

Because he is 17 catches better and 5 games more healthy. If it isn't a health issue, than he sucks too bad to be played by his coach, right? Did I mention Deion Branch has a Superbowl MVP and a nice Cadillac to prove it? Yes Carlos Rogers is injury prone... yes he is eating up cap space, and... yes..... he is probably the only starting corner in the league that can't cover DJ Hackett.

LOL. You are a tool. You do know that Carlos was the no. 1 corner this year before he got hurt right? I guess Springs must be a scrub because Hackett toasted him for 6 catches, 101 yds, and a TD.

I liked the OP's original proposal -- looking at FA WRs that are not "top tier" like Chad Johnson and Roy Williams. D.J. Hackett falls in this category.

First of all, drafting a WR means we'll probably have about a three-year wait to see if the WR blossoms into a very good or elite WR. Then our reward for waiting that long we get to try to hang on to that WR, probably be in his contract year, but who's drawing interest around the league. Most importantly against drafting a WR, our current WRs coach (Stan Hixon) hasn't done that good of a job in developing new WR talent.

Now instead if we could land a decent #2 WR like Hackett, at a decent price -- we'd be better shape with our WR situation. An economical signing of a UFA WR allows us to draft folks for the offensive or defensive line -- or another CB to replace Springs.

We're going to have to get realistic about any "WOW!" signings in 2008-2009. From what I've seen of the Skins salary cap issues -- for the next couple of years we are going to have to economize on our free-agent signings, and draftee signings as well. It's going to take a while to get maneuvering room under the cap so we can again be able to aggressively go after the top-tier free agents.

Exactly. You've gotta go for those guys who you can sign fairly cheap who will blossom into studs. Hackett won't be a no. 2. He will split no. 1 with Moss and he fits in perfect with ARE and Moss. ARE will be at his best in the slot like he was in Pittsburgh.

Exactly. You've gotta go for those guys who you can sign fairly cheap who will blossom into studs. Hackett won't be a no. 2. He will split no. 1 with Moss and he fits in perfect with ARE and Moss. ARE will be at his best in the slot like he was in Pittsburgh.

That I do agree with you. However I would rather draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round who would be cheaper. Remember we are paying 40 mill to Moss, ARE, and Lloyd right now. Hackett is still going to get $$ and you are going to have to get picks for him, something we need to hold on to.

Hackett was a RFA last year. He is an UFA this year. Seattle will get no compensation from another team if Hackett leaves .
Nah. He is a UFA. Their problem is that they have other major FAs like Trufant this year.
Ah, even better. :)

LOL. You are a tool. You do know that Carlos was the no. 1 corner this year before he got hurt right? I guess Springs must be a scrub because Hackett toasted him for 6 catches, 101 yds, and a TD.

Yeah, I'm the tool :rolleyes: . I'm the one using internet speak like "LOL." What does Carlos being the number one have to do with him being terrible. he couldn't cover himself up with a blanket.

Springs did not cover Hackett the whole game... AND... if you weren't so busy taste-testing Caron Butler's jock or starting Wizard threads in a Redskins forum, you would see that Hackett was pushing off every corner he was up against. I beleive he even got caught once for offensive PA.

LMAO, LOL, BTW I wanted to let u kno ou812

Yeah, I'm the tool :rolleyes: . I'm the one using internet speak like "LOL." What does Carlos being the number one have to do with him being terrible. he couldn't cover himself up with a blanket.

Springs did not cover Hackett the whole game... AND... if you weren't so busy taste-testing Caron Butler's jock or starting Wizard threads in a Redskins forum, you would see that Hackett was pushing off every corner he was up against. I beleive he even got caught once for offensive PA.

LMAO, LOL, BTW I wanted to let u kno ou812

I only saw Carlos get toasted once this season by Plax. He was damn good this season and I'd love for other people to chime in to show dizzy dumbass's ignorance.

If Hackett pushed off against every corner, he would've gotten called for multiple PA's. You are just using the fact that he got one PA to make a broad generalization.

You just used internet speak you hypocrite. What the **** is "kno ou812"

I only saw Carlos get toasted once this season by Plax. He was damn good this season and I'd love for other people to chime in to show dizzy dumbass's ignorance.

If Hackett pushed off against every corner, he would've gotten called for multiple PA's. You are just using the fact that he got one PA to make a broad generalization.

You just used internet speak you hypocrite. What the **** is "kno ou812"

It is easy to say things like "I only saw." when there is no film from the games to prove what you or I mean. Springs was better than and burned less than anyone this season even for being older than an average starting corner. I am not stating that Springs is the man if you read any post that I have made on this forum, I am just saying that Carlos Rogers is not only mediocre, he was a waste at pick 9.

When other DB's in that draft are coming into their own, he is left out to dry e.g.- Antrel Rolle, Brodney Pool, Marlin Jackson (tackling maching), Fabian Washington, Justin Miller (pro Bowl), Ellis Hobbs, Dominique Foxworth.... and if it hadn't have been for a tragedy and moron, Pacman Jones and Darrent Williams (Pro Bowl) would both be great.

Carlos is most likely the worst cover corner of all of these guys.

If you look back at any of my posts, I am a big Redskins proponent, but I doubt we make the playoffs without Smoot playing corner. He may be less talented, but he plays with more heart and has better hands.

Carlos Rogers didn't get toasted against New England? Are you kidding me? Before he went out he was getting torched like the rest of the guys.

It is easy to say things like "I only saw." when there is no film from the games to prove what you or I mean. Springs was better than and burned less than anyone this season even for being older than an average starting corner. I am not stating that Springs is the man if you read any post that I have made on this forum, I am just saying that Carlos Rogers is not only mediocre, he was a waste at pick 9.

When other DB's in that draft are coming into their own, he is left out to dry e.g.- Antrel Rolle, Brodney Pool, Marlin Jackson (tackling maching), Fabian Washington, Justin Miller (pro Bowl), Ellis Hobbs, Dominique Foxworth.... and if it hadn't have been for a tragedy and moron, Pacman Jones and Darrent Williams (Pro Bowl) would both be great.

Carlos is most likely the worst cover corner of all of these guys.

If you look back at any of my posts, I am a big Redskins proponent, but I doubt we make the playoffs without Smoot playing corner. He may be less talented, but he plays with more heart and has better hands.

Carlos Rogers didn't get toasted against New England? Are you kidding me? Before he went out he was getting torched like the rest of the guys.

How did you know whether or not Carlos was mediocre or not this season then if you are discounting what you saw? You are contradicting yourself again. I would take Carlos over all of them except maybe Marlin Jackson.

Rolle- A Deltha O'Neal clone. Either will be a 40-yard gain or a pick

Washington- Average run-of-the-mill corner

Justin Miller- Pro Bowler...as a KR :doh:

Ellis Hobbs- Average player who got replaced by Gay

Dominique Foxworth- A nickelback

What's wrong with the draft?

Sometimes I think posters here have gotten so used to using free agency to build the team that they are allergic to the draft.

The Redskins don't need to consider EVERY FA that is out there.

While Hackett might have potential I'd much rather draft a guy in the 5th round and deal with a rookie salary and a new player trying to earn his stripes in the league than a guy who hasn't shown much in three seasons.

• 1 month later...

Quote:

Originally Posted by method man

You even bother reading the first post? For Williams and Johnson, you will have to give up, at minimum, a 2nd round pick and a bigger contract than the one Hackett would get. Because of the new CBA, I'm willing to sig bet you that Hackett is going to get a 15 mil SB.

I'll take that bet..... You are wrong. A guy that could get cut gets a 15 million dollar signing bonus?

MethodMan - It's Judgement day on that sig bet. Where are youuuuu?

I will send you your new sig as soon as you man-up and respond.

PM we with yours, but i don't think he will man up this time around. I was thinking a couple of things like:

I was so wrong about DJ Hackett's new contract because I was blinded by my unbridled lust for him.

or

I was the moron that thought DJ Hackett was actually going to get a $15million dollar signing bonus instead of 3.5 million for 2 years.

You even bother reading the first post? For Williams and Johnson, you will have to give up, at minimum, a 2nd round pick and a bigger contract than the one Hackett would get. Because of the new CBA, I'm willing to sig bet you that Hackett is going to get a 15 mil SB.

:laugh:

So what kind of sig would you be rockin now?

Archived