Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D.J. Hackett > Roy Williams, Chad Johnson, etc.

method man

If we are going to acquire a WR, go get DJ Hackett. He will be cheaper than Williams and Johnson who will be looking for huge extensions. Hackett's one problem is staying healthy (which was the case this past season). However, when he has been healthy he has proven himself to be a number 1 receiver. He is 6-2 210 and can do it all as a receiver. He is one of two receivers who owned Springs this season (TO being the other one). Furthermore, he played 4 regular season games. In 2 of them, he went way over a 100 yards.

Hell no.

He's never caught more than 45 balls in one year, a career average of 13.3 YPC and 3 TD per year.

We need a #1 possession receiver, not another #2/#3 role player.

He really got to play starting the 2nd half of 2006. He is the reason they let Darrell Jackson go. When he played this season, he was Seattle's number one. Moss and Hackett would be an excellent tandem.

Not only is the OP absolutely wrong with that insinuation, DJ Hackett is a cheater. He pushes off more than Michael Irvin. Don't believe me? Check out the game tape. Chad Johnson and Roy Williams smoke him talent wise. They are also worth their money more so. DJ Hackett is not a gamebreaker... the other two....DEFINITELY are.

Can't agree here, I'd even rather have Jerry Porter. I believe that we've seen recently how the Raiders can kill a talented receiver.

If I had my choice though of Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, Chad Johnson or Roy Williams...All things considered, including the price, I'm on the Roy Williams bandwagon.

The biggest thing I realize in this post is "problems staying healthy". Honestly I think we have enough problems with strange injuries on this team to deal with, and while I do agree that we'd be getting a great deal for our money, I just don't know if hiring someone injury prone at WR (where we've had problems with injury) is that great an idea... just my two cents.

So a # 2 WR > 2 # 1 WR's.

OK Vinny....

Have you looked at our WR corp? Moss and ARE are at best a number 2 WR. It can even be argued that ARE is a number 3, atleast on the Redskins. Because Moss is a much better WR than ARE.

We need to move Moss to the second slot, ARE to the third, and bring in a guy for the number 1. I really don't think it is high on the priority list. As we need to add depth to our lines. But, Moss' days as a number 1 in DC is no longer. His one real good season was kinda skewed with his ability to take a quick out to the house or atleast for a great big gain.

Dude is a gamer, playmaker, whatever you want to call it. But, he is average at best as a number 1. He would be a dangerous number 2. I really think it is time to take the pressure off of Moss, in hope to keep him healthy, and add a true number 1.

I don't expect this to go well with the Moss homers but, thems just my opinions. :cheers:

Archived