Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You Say Eli Manning Has "Turned The Corner"?...

He is by no means taking this team on his back in these wins. The reality has been it is the defense and the running attack. If you win win with this combo, good but by no means is he winning the games for the Giants. Hence he is doing enough not to lose.

The Giants have given Eli plenty of weapons with 3 second round draft pick wide outs, first rounder Plax being brought in and first rounder Shockey yet the offense finished ranked 21st in passing.

See Trent Dilfer.:)

He took the Giants on his back at the end of the first half of the playoff game against the Cowboys. He is as much a reason for their run as is the defense and running game.

']He took the Giants on his back at the end of the first half of the playoff game against the Cowboys. He is as much a reason for their run as is the defense and running game.

Ever since the Giants got ride of Luke Pettigout, you just don't see many penalties coming out on that Giants' OL, much less that entire team.

BTW-did anyone else think the Giants got hosed on that Sam Madison PF penalty? It looked like him and Morency were just merely scuffling after one was blocking the other on the play, and all Madison did was get him off his back, no biggie.

Ever since the Giants got ride of Luke Pettigout, you just don't see many penalties coming out on that Giants' OL, much less that entire team.

BTW-did anyone else think the Giants got hosed on that Sam Madison PF penalty? It looked like him and Morency were just merely scuffling after one was blocking the other on the play, and all Madison did was get him off his back, no biggie.

Maybe, but the late hit on Manning may have been just as questionable. My 2 cents, most of the penalties in the game didn't need to be called. The refs went a little overboard.

Maybe, but the late hit on Manning may have been just as questionable. My 2 cents, most of the penalties in the game didn't need to be called. The refs went a little overboard.
If he let up slightly that wouldn't have been called.

The refs must have decided they needed to step in to maintain control over the very physical game. I wish they had let them play a bit more.:2cents:

']He took the Giants on his back at the end of the first half of the playoff game against the Cowboys. He is as much a reason for their run as is the defense and running game.
That was only one drive. It takes much more.:2cents:

Okay, that would have been my response before last night. He showed me he was trying to peek around the corner last night, kind of like my cat. The only problem is it takes one move to scare him and he runs the other way.;)

That was only one drive. It takes much more.:2cents:

Okay, that would have been my response before last night. He showed me he was trying to peek around the corner last night, kind of like my cat. The only problem is it takes one move to scare him and he runs the other way.;)

I don't know, Manning was getting hit a lot last night, a heck of a lot more than Favre, and he still made many impressive throws, and against 2 of the better cornerbacks in the league.

I don't think there were too many Giant fans who could have imagined this type of performance from Manning last night, against a tough defense, in freezing cold weather. He made some excellent throws.

Eli was expected to have his standard meltdown this year - not only did this fail to occur but he has elevated his play and helped his team get to the superbowl from a wild card starting position. He has gone on a post season road trip and come out on top, that's not an easy thing to do. Especially when you consider who they played. @Tampa, not the best team out there but not a push over. @Dallas, the #1 team in the NFC and a division rival. @Greenbay, the #2 team in the NFC in 1-3degree weather.

Eli and the Giants certainly didn't take the easy road to the superbowl and are very deserving of their success.

I'll hand it to Eli. I posted several times early in the year that I thought Eli looked better this year than he has earlier in his career. It looked like he was more in control, more decisive, just a better QB all around. Now he's come thru big in the playoffs. He's been playing really good ball since the windy game against us. I think his rating in the playoffs is over 100, isn't it? I heard his cold weather rating was like 60, so I figured he'd suck in the Packers game, but low and behold he looked really sharp. Surprised me for sure. I figured he'd find a way to muff it at some point in the post season but has yet to look like the Eli of old. He gets some props from me.

Archived