Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You Say Eli Manning Has "Turned The Corner"?...

Accorsi loved Manning's natural skills, and after an interview the general manager was convinced he was the quarterback the Giants needed.

"He was unflappable," Accorsi said of Manning. "His mother told me when her mother passed away that 'Eli gets his calm from my mother. He is different from Peyton.' I always thought he had the perfect makeup. I am sure (criticism) bothered him but he never showed it, so I was not worried about his makeup and I wasn't worried about his talent." "With a quarterback the difference for me is always the intangibles ... Can he take the team down the field with everything on the line and get his team into the end zone? That's all I care about."

Says it all right there.

• 3 years later...
I'll hand it to Eli. I posted several times early in the year that I thought Eli looked better this year than he has earlier in his career. It looked like he was more in control, more decisive, just a better QB all around. Now he's come thru big in the playoffs. He's been playing really good ball since the windy game against us. I think his rating in the playoffs is over 100, isn't it? I heard his cold weather rating was like 60, so I figured he'd suck in the Packers game, but low and behold he looked really sharp. Surprised me for sure. I figured he'd find a way to muff it at some point in the post season but has yet to look like the Eli of old. He gets some props from me.

Look at me, liking Eli for a while now.

Eli has established himself as the best NFCE QB. There's nothing to debate on that anymore. He's one of the three best NFC QBs, I think, behind Rodgers and Brees. I like him above Cutler and I like Cutler a lot. With Peyton out, I only like Brady more than Eli in the AFC. I like him over Rivers and Ben.

Archived