Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You Say Eli Manning Has "Turned The Corner"?...

Just something I'm wondering. Trying to figure out if anyone here feels Eli has "turned it on" and is now a legit NFL QB...(I'm not saying I feel one way or the other, just for the record). If you feel he has, when do you feel it occurred? In his 2nd season? His 3rd? This year? (his 4th)...If it was this year, were you feeling the same way before the Patriots game?

No wrong answers, just trying to get a feel for Eli and if he's arrived yet...and if so, which year did it happen...

Thanks... :cheers:

No. If he plays bad versus the Packers, the jury's still out until next season on whether he's turned the corner or not. If he still looks inconsistent in the 2008 season, I'm ready to label him a bust.

If he looks good versus the Packers, then yes, he has turned the corner.

I don't think he's ever been as bad as he's been made out to be... but I don't think he's necessarily turned the corner.

This Giants team reminds me of the Giants team from 2000. They're just not very good. Yet they keep winning.

They got to start off against a terrible Bucs team, then play a reeling cowboy team.

I haven't seen anything from Eli to make me say "Wow, that guy is a helluva QB". Nothing close, actually.

What I've seen from the Giants is a team that plays average across the board, and doesn't hurt themselves. At the end of the season they win more than they lose.

He played well enough to not lose each of the last 2 playoff games.

The Giants, as a team, especially on the defensive side of the ball, has been the difference.

When he actually puts the team on his back and wins a couple on his own, then he'll start to get more credit as a legitimate franchise QB.

I don't think he's ever been as bad as he's been made out to be... but I don't think he's necessarily turned the corner.

This Giants team reminds me of the Giants team from 2000. They're just not very good. Yet they keep winning.

They got to start off against a terrible Bucs team, then play a reeling cowboy team.

I haven't seen anything from Eli to make me say "Wow, that guy is a helluva QB". Nothing close, actually.

What I've seen from the Giants is a team that plays average across the board, and doesn't hurt themselves. At the end of the season they win more than they lose.

First of all, this Giants team is MUCH better than the 2000 team. People tend to forget they have lost Ward, Kiwanuka, and Shockey to injuries yet they are deep enough and talented enough to keep winning.

Terrible Bucs and Cowboys?

Tell me who the hell does this team have to beat to earn your respect? This is the playoffs. ALL teams are good and the Giants are beating these teams in their own house!

I love it how people downplay a team once a they lose to another team they think should not have beat them. :2cents:

First of all, this Giants team is MUCH better than the 2000 team. People tend to forget they have lost Ward, Kiwanuka, and Shockey to injuries yet they are deep enough and talented enough to keep winning.

Terrible Bucs and Cowboys?

Tell me who the hell does this team have to beat to earn your respect? This is the playoffs. ALL teams are good and the Giants are beating these teams in their own house!

I love it how people downplay a team once a they lose to another team they think should not have beat them. :2cents:

Keep your panties on. WTF do you care what I think? Are you looking for validation or something?

I don't think this Giants team is very good. I think a lot of people who watch the Giants think the same thing. They have been major beneficiaries of an extremely weak conference... just like 2000.

Keep your panties on. WTF do you care what I think? Are you looking for validation or something?

I don't think this Giants team is very good. I think a lot of people who watch the Giants think the same thing. They have been major beneficiaries of an extremely weak conference... just like 2000.

You're right. Who gives a crap what you think. :laugh:

PS: If knocking off a 13-3 #1 seed on the road is considered beneficial, I guess it shouldn't have taken 20 + years for it to happen.

Same goes for 9 road wins in a season (NFL Record) But hey, happens all the time. :rolleyes:

Same weak schedule that ur team had....so what does it say about your team. Btw we also didnt give the pats 50 pts from a so called top defense...

Oh another little fact with half our team injured last year, and having the toughest schedule last year of any team besides the bengals who tied us in strength of schedule, we still made the playoffs, and what did your team do? So we have got in with the TOUGHEST and one of the Easiest Strength of Schedules. Yet the eagles & boys have always in recent years have had 1 of the easiest schedules.

I think the other giant fan called you out, because it silly when ppl talk BS and when are proven wrong they say oh well why do u care what i have to say. Well to have a discussion, if you just want to talk out ur ass than just make your own forum so you can do so, otherwise if you make a comment back it up with research/facts if not than dont post :)

Hard to tell.

Since he's been in the league, Goober has had a bad habit of reverting from, veteran starter, to first year undrafted rookie who had a lobotomy, at the worst possible time, for no particular reason. His current three game run doesn't change that. Could be that he's just taking the "5 years" to become an NFL QB, that used to be accepted as the norm.

Or, could be that he'll never be any better than he is up to this point in his career. Which is slightly above "career backup" quality. Time will tell.

Well to have a discussion, if you just want to talk out ur ass than just make your own forum so you can do so, otherwise if you make a comment back it up with research/facts if not than dont post :)

Being this is a Redskins forum, maybe you should be the one making his/her own forum somewhere else.

BTW ~ I agree with zoony. There is nothing impressive about the Giants. Yet, I have been wrong about them more than any team in our division. To me, they are proof that, if they can do it, anybody can.

I hope they get trounced in Green Bay. However, should they beat them, which is very possible since Green Bay isn't that scary either, I'll be rooting for them in the Super Bowl, no matter who they play.

Same weak schedule that ur team had....so what does it say about your team. Btw we also didnt give the pats 50 pts from a so called top defense...

Nice reply. Of course, it has nothing to do with the thread topic. If you would like to post about the Redskins, there are ample opportunities among the hire Mora/hire GW threads in the Stadium. This thread is about Eli and the Giants.

Oh another little fact with half our team injured last year, and having the toughest schedule last year of any team besides the bengals who tied us in strength of schedule, we still made the playoffs, and what did your team do? So we have got in with the TOUGHEST and one of the Easiest Strength of Schedules. Yet the eagles & boys have always in recent years have had 1 of the easiest schedules.

OK, we all get it. The Giants had a better year than the Skins. Happy?

Again, try to stay on topic though.

I think the other giant fan called you out, because it silly when ppl talk BS and when are proven wrong they say oh well why do u care what i have to say. Well to have a discussion, if you just want to talk out ur ass than just make your own forum so you can do so, otherwise if you make a comment back it up with research/facts if not than dont post :)

Step off, waterboy. Zoony is a well established, respected poster on this, a REDSKINS board. The smiley face at the end doesn't erase the foolishness of the rest of your post.

As to Eli, I think it's possible he could have turned a corner, but we won't really know until next year (I'm assuming the Giants aren't going to win the SB this year). Consistency has always been his problem, and 3 good games in a row doesn't make him consistent. He needs to prove it over a season before I believe.

Because my opinion matters, dammit.

I'm pretty sure we went up to the Meadowlands and kicked the piss out of you just a short while ago. With 6 starters out.

Every time Eli makes a good play, he follows it up with one of his patented shoetop passes to a wide open receiver.

He's still inconsistent.

And last week, he had 163 yards, not exactly carrying the team on his back.

Plus, if Coughlin had enough faith in him, maybe they would have let him throw the ball once in the 4th quarter.

Archived