Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You Say Eli Manning Has "Turned The Corner"?...

Ok, so if you feel Eli has NOT "turned the corner" as an NFL QB, do you feel he's standing ON the corner? lol :laugh:...Or do you feel he's still a block or two away from the corner?

I think he's near the corner but he stopped to have a bite at the Corner Bakery and now that he's done, he can't remember which way he's supposed to go so he decided to cross the street to a corner gas station to get some directions but the attendant is not very proficient in the English language so frustrated, Eli left only to witness a huge car accident at the intersection and now the police have arrived and are asking him questions and taking down his information.

I think he's near the corner but he stopped to have a bite at the Corner Bakery and now that he's done, he can't remember which way he's supposed to go so he decided to cross the street to a corner gas station to get some directions but the attendant is not very proficient in the English language so frustrated, Eli left only to witness a huge car accident at the intersection and now the police have arrived and are asking him questions and taking down his information.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :applause:

:applause: Funny post but leaves me with 2 questions:

Did he cross the street on his own?

Are mentally challenged people considered viable witnesses?;)

Consider this: Last week against the Cowboys with a slim 21-17 lead in the fourth, the Giants called 6 straight running plays for 2 straight 3-and-outs when a couple first downs would have run out the clock.

Tom Coughlin doesn't think Eli has turned the corner.

Peyton Manning - Took a full 6 seasons to get to a Championship game.

All time great Phil Simms - Didn't throw more TD's than interceptions till his 5th year in the league. Was benched for a back up scrub and almost ran out of town before setting Superbowl records.

Eli Manning - Hasn't had a losing record as a starter, had taken his team to the post-season every year and is now in the NFC Championship in his 3rd full year starting.

Reality overcomes all.

So when the Giants lose tomorrow, and don't make it back to the NFC Championship next season, is he regressing?

Yes.

In this day in age when you're throwing for only 162 yards in a playoff game it usually means your team has doen well with its rushing attack, defense and turnovers.

You have to look at what the player has done with what he has been asked to do. Eli has been playing great with what the Giants' coaches are asking of him. He is doing it very well. His numbers show that. It doesn't matter how many yards he has. His overall numbers are what matter and they have been pretty good the last three games as has been pointed out.

Tony Romo sits to pee was a different QB over the last 5 games.

Did you honestly not see it?

He went from juggernaut to borderline starter in one week.

His career has progressed since his first start.

He has his ups and downs, but his second season was better than his first.

And I expect another fine season next year as well, with a return to the playoffs at the very minimum.

But this thread isn't about Romo sits to pee, it's about Manning and the fact that he didnt manage to lose the last two games he's played in where it's been the rest of the team that was the difference.

And I expect another fine season next year as well, with a return to the playoffs at the very minimum.

But this thread isn't about Romo sits to pee, it's about Manning and the fact that he didnt manage to lose the last two games he's played in where it's been the rest of the team that was the difference.

Romo sits to pee played better this season than last? :laugh:

The guy is inconsistent. An average NFL qb.

Frankly, Manning is inconsistent, as well.

Both of these franchises are saddled with these guys...

...and that makes me smile. :D

Whatever happened over those past 5 games... you better hope he gets it fixed in the offseason.

And HHM... don't take this as typical "hate", etc. I think if you were to do a search on my posts concerning Romo sits to pee, I was one of the few that recognized his play thru the first 12 weeks as tops in the NFL, sans the golden boy. I even gave him credit for his performance last year...

But he looked EXTRAORDINARILY average down the stretch. He lost all his mojo, all his playmaking ability. WTF happened? That's what I'd want to know if I were a Cowboy's fan, and that's what would keep me up at night.

Because HHM, let's face it... the Cowboys are a 7 to 9 win team without the Romo sits to pee we saw thru the first 12 weeks.

Romo sits to pee played better this season than last? :laugh:

The guy is inconsistent. An average NFL qb.

Frankly, Manning is inconsistent, as well.

Both of these franchises are saddled with these guys...

...and that makes me smile. :D

1/4 season of average to below average play doesnt negate 3/4 season of stellar all pro play.

The kid has played 1 1/2 season in his career so far and he's shown so much to be excited about when all is said and done.

But out of curiousity Zoony, if Romo sits to pee is just an "average" QB, then what is Campbell?

If youre happy we're "saddled" with these QBs, you must be suicidal with the situation in Washington.

1/4 season of average to below average play doesnt negate 3/4 season of stellar all pro play.

The kid has played 1 1/2 season in his career so far and he's shown so much to be excited about when all is said and done.

But out of curiousity Zoony, if Romo sits to pee is just an "average" QB, then what is Campbell?

If youre happy we're "saddled" with these QBs, you must be suicidal with the situation in Washington.

The 'kid' has been in the league for 5 years...longer than most players survive.

He hasn't won a crucial game. Most of his wins were against teams with losing records. He's had a stellar cast around him...in particular, he's had an offensive line that would make any qb shine.

He's wreckless with the ball and has had unbelievable good fortune when dbs simply couldn't hold onto pass thrown directly to them. He has spells of fumblitis...and interceptionitis...

But, his biggest downfall is that he doesn't take the game seriously...

Go ahead, gloss over his inadequacies...Jerruh and the media have.

']You have to look at what the player has done with what he has been asked to do. Eli has been playing great with what the Giants' coaches are asking of him.
He is by no means taking this team on his back in these wins. The reality has been it is the defense and the running attack. If you win win with this combo, good but by no means is he winning the games for the Giants. Hence he is doing enough not to lose.

The Giants have given Eli plenty of weapons with 3 second round draft pick wide outs, first rounder Plax being brought in and first rounder Shockey yet the offense finished ranked 21st in passing.

See Trent Dilfer.:)

He is by no means taking this team on his back in these wins. The reality has been it is the defense and the running attack. If you win win with this combo, good but by no means is he winning the games for the Giants. Hence he is doing enough not to lose.

The Giants have given Eli plenty of weapons with 3 second round draft pick wide outs, first rounder Plax being brought in and first rounder Shockey yet the offense finished ranked 21st in passing.

See Trent Dilfer.:)

Giants have never had a 3rd WR.

It's been Toomer and Plax over since Eli's been here, that's it.

Toomer was out almost all of last year, Shockey's been out the last 4 games.

They finally have Steve Smith back the last few games. He may make a difference, but the Giants yet to have Shockey, Smith. Toomer, and Plax on the field at once.

Well, except for game 1 against Dallas this year where Eli threw for 325+ yards and 4 TD's. :)

Giants have never had a 3rd WR.

It's been Toomer and Plax over since Eli's been here, that's it.

Toomer was out almost all of last year, Shockey's been out the last 4 games.

They finally have Steve Smith back the last few games. He may make a difference, but the Giants yet to have Shockey, Smith. Toomer, and Plax on the field at once.

Well, except for game 1 against Dallas this year where Eli threw for 325+ yards and 4 TD's. :)

I notice you conveniently left second rounder Sinorice Moss off your list. He only missed weeks 1, 16 & 17.:)

Yup, did so for a reason. He never plays.

Unfortunately, he's not even worth mentioning. Sad but true.

You will find good QB's with one or two good targets make late rounders and undrafted WR's look good. You need to look no further than your teams opponent today. Over the years many of Favres top targets have been injured yet their scrub replacements have filled admirably.:)

Oh and sorry to hear a second rounder is a bust. ;)

You will find good QB's with one or two good targets make late rounders and undrafted WR's look good. You need to look no further than your teams opponent today. Over the years many of Favres top targets have been injured yet their scrub replacements have filled admirably.:)

Oh and sorry to hear a second rounder is a bust. ;)

It's too early to call Sinorice Moss a bust, but he was injured his entire rookie year and he's been a non-factor this year. He's dropped alot of nicely placed deep balls and as we all know, as a 3rd WR your chances to impress are far and few in between.

I think he'll eventually be a good WR, it's just that now the Giants have Steve Smith so Moss is going to have to step it up a notch and compete for a spot.

Just something I'm wondering. Trying to figure out if anyone here feels Eli has "turned it on" and is now a legit NFL QB...(I'm not saying I feel one way or the other, just for the record). If you feel he has, when do you feel it occurred? In his 2nd season? His 3rd? This year? (his 4th)...If it was this year, were you feeling the same way before the Patriots game?

No wrong answers, just trying to get a feel for Eli and if he's arrived yet...and if so, which year did it happen...

Thanks... :cheers:

For anyone that wins TWO playoff games in a row? Yes

The 'kid' has been in the league for 5 years...longer than most players survive.

He hasn't won a crucial game. Most of his wins were against teams with losing records. He's had a stellar cast around him...in particular, he's had an offensive line that would make any qb shine.

He's wreckless with the ball and has had unbelievable good fortune when dbs simply couldn't hold onto pass thrown directly to them. He has spells of fumblitis...and interceptionitis...

But, his biggest downfall is that he doesn't take the game seriously...

Go ahead, gloss over his inadequacies...Jerruh and the media have.

Zoony, if you changed your tag to tr1, let me know. If not, I'll continue to ignore this post. :whoknows:

Tony Romo sits to pee was a different QB over the last 5 games.

Did you honestly not see it?

He went from juggernaut to borderline starter in one week.

*shrugs* pretty much the entire team was like that down the stretch run.

While everyone wants to dog on Wade, people seem to forget the Dec attitude was exactly the same with the players under Parcells.

Archived