Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Letterman,Leno ,O'Brian,Stewart or Colbert

Thanos

Carson

[huge gap]

Conan, Colbert, Stewart, Letterman, probably in that order.

I love Letterman, but mostly for his past -- not his present.

Stewart is a smart, funny guy, but his "wacky" facial aping for the camera is never funny; he laughs like an electrocuted chipmunk at his own jokes; and he has a pandering, insecure audience that drops the show a couple of pegs. Can't blame him for that last item, but it's still his show.

[huge gap]

Leno is just unbearably poor television.

That said, Stewart already tried a late night talk show. It failed because he wasn't funny, and he's a condescending prick. So he's found his niche on comedy central where they plugged him into an already funny show. All he does is read copy :jerk:

Colbert was funny the first 100 times or so. His act is sort of tired nowadays. We get it... you lika teh sarcasm. Try something else.

This wins most ironic post of the week.

O'Brian. Hands down. No question about it. Leno has always been a hack, and Letterman hasn't been funny in fifteen years or so.

I can't choose between Conan, John, and Stephen but you are dead on about Leno and Letterman.

Leno is THE worst EVER. That I do know. I've never laughed at him. Not once.

I think Colbert blows Stewart's act out of the water. While Stewart (with a little help from Weekend Update on SNL) came up with the idea, Colbert has taken it to another level.

He is scary quick-witted, even more than Stewart. And he doesn't fall in to traps as much as Stewart; meaning he doesn't ever get brought down in to a debate where it gets serious. Stewart will drop his act sometimes in order to get serious. Colbert will simply show you up and make an ass of you on a consistent basis.

As for the late-nighters, I'll go with O'Brian, Ferguson, Letterman, and Leno in last.

Jon Stewart, though I don't think The Daily Show over the past year has been as funny as before.

There's a reason for that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Karlin

Karlin was with the Daily Show for its resurgence with Stewart and churned out some of the funniest stuff they'd ever done.

He was also a co-creator of the Colbert Report.

As for my list.

1. Stephen Colbert

(waaaaaaaaay down the list)

2) Conan

3) Stewart

4) Kimmel

5) Ferguson

Letterman and Leno haven't been funny for quite some time.

Archived