Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Major Winter Storm now likely for us Sunday Night Monday! Stay tuned

Ji

GFS shows storm way out to sea but cold enough

European shows a storm that cuts inland and gives precip but too warm for snow

not looking to good today The Gfs blows balls and the European model destroys the American model almost everytime we have a storm threat. The Jan 15-30 should be fantastic though but this storm is probably not going to have the cold air entrenched in enough to give us accumulating snow. Still, i will monitor it

Damn it I want some ****ing snow!!!!! :mad:

ive updated the blog...take a look!! We may be seeing some snow in the N and W burbs on Monday although DC and the immediate surrounding areas i think will be mostly rain/mix. Im pretty excited about the rest of January though

well the 12z gfs just hammers us....especially n and W of the city with a classic Miller A gulf noreaster. I am still leary due to how warm we have been and no arctic air around. We may have to rely on the storm dynamics to make it snow despite marginal temps. I am going to wait till the European run to see if the track is smilar to the gfs

I am getting very interested now

well the 12z gfs just hammers us....especially n and W of the city with a classic Miller A gulf noreaster. I am still leary due to how warm we have been and no arctic air around. We may have to rely on the storm dynamics to make it snow despite marginal temps. I am going to wait till the European run to see if the track is smilar to the gfs

I am getting very interested now

Can you tone down the meteorology jargon and just say what is going to happen? Im interested, but i dont know wtf a classic Miller A gulf noreaster is.

:dunce:

Can you tone down the meteorology jargon and just say what is going to happen? Im interested, but i dont know wtf a classic Miller A gulf noreaster is.

sorry a Miller A is one organized low that develops in the gulf of mexico and tracks NE up the coast. It is how we get our best snows. A Miller A can also have a low track up to kentucy and then transfer its energy to a new low of the carolina coast.

A Miller B is usually defined by a clipper that digs from canada and then blows up off the coast and heads up the coast. Most of the time they screw us and affect mainly New England.

Im interested, but i dont know wtf a classic Miller A gulf noreaster is.

I had a chick in Amsterdam give me a classic Miller A gulf noreaster once. It cost me an extra $50, but damn was it worth it. :smooch: :whip: :hump: :whippin:

sorry a Miller A is one organized low that develops in the gulf of mexico and tracks NE up the coast. It is how we get our best snows. A Miller A can also have a low track up to kentucy and then transfer its energy to a new low of the carolina coast.

A Miller B is usually defined by a clipper that digs from canada and then blows up off the coast and heads up the coast. Most of the time they screw us and affect mainly New England.

So you think us here in Ashburn and Sterling could get some decent snow this Sunday??? I hope so!!

:laugh:

Weather related innuendo could go on forever.

Yeah, I had to towel off after reading this:

"A Miller B is usually defined by a clipper that digs from canada and then blows up off the coast and heads up the coast. Most of the time they screw us and affect mainly New England."

Yowza.

weather.com says Showers Sunday 40% low 36 and partly cloudy Monday low 34. If you hit the bullseye this time Ji, I need to subscribe to your newsletter.

weather.com changes every few hours.

Rarely does it change to the right forecast though (until the storm is happening)

the euro trended way east and how its out to sea..the GFS now has the storm and the European model dosent....what a flip flop. We will have to wait till tonight where there is better data for the models to capture. This hobby sucks

the euro trended way east and how its out to sea..the GFS now has the storm and the European model dosent....what a flip flop. We will have to wait till tonight where there is better data for the models to capture. This hobby sucks

Give up the fight man.

It's over for this season.

La Nina is a killer.

Except in 2003 which hammered us.

Archived