Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Major Winter Storm now likely for us Sunday Night Monday! Stay tuned

Ji

The next 3 days are going to be way above normal just as I had predicted a few weeks ago. We could hit 70 today or tomorrow. However, this warm spell will not last much longer and there is growing support for a winter storm to come out of Gulf for early next week.

So far..the storms have gone a bit too N and W to give us snow...hopefully this one can buck the seasonal trend and finally give us our first major storm of the year.

gfs and the european both have a coastal storm that would give us snow next week. However, we have seen this time and time again this winter only for the SE ridge to flex its muscle and help curve the storm further N and W. THis may be a new pattern though so I am optimistic.

I actually like what I am seeing for 2nd half of January

GFS shows storm way out to sea but cold enough

European shows a storm that cuts inland and gives precip but too warm for snow

not looking to good today The Gfs blows balls and the European model destroys the American model almost everytime we have a storm threat. The Jan 15-30 should be fantastic though but this storm is probably not going to have the cold air entrenched in enough to give us accumulating snow. Still, i will monitor it

Archived