Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

It depends on which Floyd and which shane shows up.

Shane at his best beats Floyd at his best all day. If Shane isn't at his best, Floyd will beat him.

I've got Shane winning in a split decision

i disagree with this. even if Shane is at his best, Floyd can beat him.

i see floyd winning 116-112 on all cards

i disagree with this. even if Shane is at his best, Floyd can beat him.

i see floyd winning 116-112 on all cards

your predictions are correct more than mine...but this is a fight I feel strongly about....Floyd is overrated...his record is padded against mid-level fighters (considering what point in their career they are in) The most impressive name on Floyd's resume is De la Hoya....and Oscar was way passed his prime when they fought...and Oscar still made it competitive.

this will be by far the toughest fighter Floyd has faced. he usually fights big slow guys and mainly slower smaller fighters.

Floyd is going to have all he can handle w/ shane. shane's hands are just as fast, he is bigger, and stronger. can't wait.

your predictions are correct more than mine...but this is a fight I feel strongly about....Floyd is overrated...his record is padded against mid-level fighters (considering what point in their career they are in) The most impressive name on Floyd's resume is De la Hoya....and Oscar was way passed his prime when they fought...and Oscar still made it competitive.

this will be by far the toughest fighter Floyd has faced. he usually fights big slow guys and mainly slower smaller fighters.

Floyd is going to have all he can handle w/ shane. shane's hands are just as fast, he is bigger, and stronger. can't wait.

the best name on Floyd's resume is Diego Corrales (when they fought, Corrales was undefeated and considered top 3 pound 4 pound in the game at the time.)

he's definitely cherry-picked his comp at 147, but to say his career has been built on mid-level fighters is inaccurate. most of his career was spent at 130 & 135 where he fought the best that was there at the time.

i do agree that shane is most definitely his toughest fight and hopefully a sign that he's going to fight he best 147 has to offer.

the best name on Floyd's resume is Diego Corrales (when they fought, Corrales was undefeated and considered top 3 pound 4 pound in the game at the time.)

respect to the late Diego Corrales...I loved watching him fight...but I think you have to look at more than what he had done up until the Mayweather fight. Corrales ended up losing to Casamayor twice (who is a decent fighter) but isn't elite. Also, Carrales hadn't really faced top notch competition up to that point. Some decent fights in there...but Carrales wouldn't have touched the hall of fame.

I think the best fighter Floyd fought besides oscar was Jose Louis Castillo.

he's definitely cherry-picked his comp at 147

In a bad way....it's bad when your only true 147 fights have come against Zab Judah and washed up Oscar.

but to say his career has been built on mid-level fighters is inaccurate. most of his career was spent at 130 & 135 where he fought the best that was there at the time.

The best there was at that time wasn't very impressive.

i do agree that shane is most definitely his toughest fight and hopefully a sign that he's going to fight he best 147 has to offer

The only reason he is fighting Shane is because the Pacman fight didn't happen. He wanted to fight (yet again) a much smaller fighter.

If Mayweather beats Mosely convincingly I'll get off his back, but until then he hasn't proven **** to me (besides the FACT) that he has dodged the best his division has to offer.

Hope Punisher beats Cintron on the 8th :box:

If he does, I heard some VERY interesting news from a reliable source about Paul's next fight...

He needs to fight Sergio Rodriguez again...because he already fought him once and lost, yet his record doesn't reflect that. No disrespect to Paul...he is one of my favorite fighters, but I hate to see robberies in boxing (sports in general)

He needs to fight Sergio Rodriguez again...because he already fought him once and lost, yet his record doesn't reflect that. No disrespect to Paul...he is one of my favorite fighters, but I hate to see robberies in boxing (sports in general)

that fight was nowhere close to a robbery. i scored the fight for Martinez as well, but it was close throughout

robbery is an overused term in boxing.

:secret: Martinez

Not a robbery, could've gone either way.

that fight was nowhere close to a robbery. i scored the fight for Martinez as well, but it was close throughout

robbery is an overused term in boxing.

One of the judges scored the bout 119-110 for Williams, one of them scored the fight 115-113 Williams, and one of them scored it 114-114.

I had Martinez by at least two rounds....I remember thinking he convincingly won the fight. That said, I'd still be ok with 114-114 and 115-113, but when 119-110 decides the fight...that to me is a robbery.

I can't believe how bad scoring is in boxing.

Froch beat Kessler last weekend and one of the judges scored it 117-111 Kessler....WTF!

I really hope the judges don't **** up this weekends fight, because their is a very good chance it is going to the scorecards.

just a random question...

whatever happened to those guys from that boxing reality show on ESPN? Last thing I remember hearing from them was one of those guys beating over the hill Gatti.

I believe Alfanso Gomez is the guy your are speaking of. He is a gateway fighter in my opinion. He will be a good test for an up and comer to see if they are in the high level echelon, but he will never be a star himself. Miguel Cotto destroyed him not too long ago.

Going with Floyd, although I think Hopkins will start to find openings in the later rounds. Unanimous Decision, but I get the feeling we will see a chink in the champ's armor tonight.

You time traveling to the future tonight?

I really wish they put marquee fights like this on network television. When my father was a boy, boxing was everywhere on television and I know many of the great Ali fights of the 1960's and 1970's were on ABC.

It's no one why boxing's popularity has waned so much. Access to it by the general public has gotten so difficult over the years.