Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

A lot of folks dislike Floyd Mayweather because he talks a little too much trash. Floyd is one helluva boxer and is 40-0. Shane Mosely is a helluva boxer also and is 46-5. If Floyd beats Shane, will he get his due respect from the folks on this forum? I hope so, but doubt it. Hopefully, we see a classic fight and we the fans will be winners.

A lot of folks dislike Floyd Mayweather because he talks a little too much trash. Floyd is one helluva boxer and is 40-0. Shane Mosely is a helluva boxer also and is 46-5. If Floyd beats Shane, will he get his due respect from the folks on this forum? I hope so, but doubt it. Hopefully, we see a classic fight and we the fans will be winners.

this thread is more reasonable than most boxing forums. sure we have our disagreements and differences of opinion, but our opinions are mainly couched in logic so i think whoever wins will get their due & respect here

on other forums i expect fans of either fighter to create excuses if their guy loses. if floyd loses, they'll blame the ref, the lighting, the flight, the ring size, and anything else they can think of. if shane loses, they'll say he got old overnight, the layoff affected him, the ref cheated, and so on

Edited by StillUnknown

this thread is more reasonable than most boxing forums. sure we have our disagreements and differences of opinion, but our opinions are mainly couched in logic so i think whoever wins will get their due & respect here

on other forums i expect fans of either fighter to create excuses if their guy loses. if floyd loses, they'll blame the ref, the lighting, the flight, the ring size, and anything else they can think of. if shane loses, they'll say he got old overnight, the layoff affected him, the ref cheated, and so on

Don't forget the steroids. :)

I'll respect his boxing skills if he can beat Mosely convincingly. As far as that 40-0 record goes....it is padded against inferior opponents (usually who are naturally smaller men for his welterweight days)

I will never respect him as a person. I think he's an *******.

I'm actually worried about this fight having to go to the judges....we all know how that works out half the time. I have a feeling one of these guys is gonna get screwed.

pretty good 140lb unification bout on HBO tomorrow night

Devon Alexander vs. Juan Urango

Alexander is one my favorite fighters, i hope he wins. hopefully a win over Urango will lead to showdown with Tim Bradley

I think Juan Urango is garbage, not sure if I've seen Alexander fight or not...but I'd be surprised if Urango wins (judging by their resumes)

No one I've seen from 140 is going to beat Bradley...I'm hoping Floyd fights him in a rebound match after Shane pieces him up in May.

I think Juan Urango is garbage, not sure if I've seen Alexander fight or not...but I'd be surprised if Urango wins (judging by their resumes)

No one I've seen from 140 is going to beat Bradley...I'm hoping Floyd fights him in a rebound match after Shane pieces him up in May.

i wouldn't call Urango garbage. dudes a brawler with an iron chin who has some decent wins (his only losses are to Hatton & Berto). i fully expect Alexander to outbox something like 9 rounds to 3 though.

i think Alexander can give Bradley some problems. i wouldn't pick him to win, mainly because of his lack of experience (he's only 23). i just see alot tools in Alexander's game that leads me to believe he'll be a legit future champ at 140. he has very quick hands, great at putting combo's together, great defense, but not afraid to stand and trade

i wouldn't call Urango garbage. dudes a brawler with an iron chin who has some decent wins (his only losses are to Hatton & Berto). i fully expect Alexander to outbox something like 9 rounds to 3 though.

i think Alexander can give Bradley some problems. i wouldn't pick him to win, mainly because of his lack of experience (he's only 23). i just see alot tools in Alexander's game that leads me to believe he'll be a legit future champ at 140. he has very quick hands, great at putting combo's together, great defense, but not afraid to stand and trade

I trust your judgment...so I'm looking forward to seeing Alexander fight. Still think Urango is nothing special though...I can't remember if it was the Berto fight or the Hatton fight...but I remember seeing him get wrecked. BTW....I'm not high on Hatton...so anyone who loses to them is not very good in my book. Can't believe hatton beat Kostya Tszyu

I trust your judgment...so I'm looking forward to seeing Alexander fight. Still think Urango is nothing special though...I can't remember if it was the Berto fight or the Hatton fight...but I remember seeing him get wrecked. BTW....I'm not high on Hatton...so anyone who loses to them is not very good in my book. Can't believe hatton beat Kostya Tszyu

i agree with you, he's nothing special. i was looking at it as he's a good fighter to test where Alexander stands. Urango is a perfect gatekeeper, he beats good fighters, but loses to the upper tier fighters. this fight tells us if Alexander is ready for the top dogs at 140.

i lost money on that Hatton/Tszyu fight, i've hated them both ever since

Anybody else see PBF on PTI yesterday? They were pressing Maywether with Pac Questions even tried to just get him to say the word pacuiou and Floyd would not say it. He is such a fraud. I hope Shane gives him the buisness.

did you really expect him to? he was there to promote his fight with mosley.

Edited by StillUnknown

Why is Pac ****ing out of the testing? Mosley's agreed to it.

mosely has no leverage to not agree to it. by his own testimony, he's used roids in the past. manny can claim he's never tested positive so he doesn't want to go through extra testing. still seems highly suspect to me

on another note, alot of people are saying clottey could be pac's last fight

then again, the only fighter who retired and stayed retired was Hagler

That was a great test for Devon. He showed all the skills to be one of the best. That uppercut was well-timed and well-placed, and the rest was history for Urango. Urango's problem is most of his punches are telegraphed. You can see them coming. Devon just caught him with a nasty uppercut while he was throwing a wild right hook. That's why I love boxing, cause sometimes all it takes is ONE punch to change a fight.

HBO and SHOWTIME are always competing as usual. Tonight, both SHOBOX and Boxing After Dark had fights. Gotta love DVRs. Vic Darchinyan vs Rodrigo Guerrero was decent. Guerrero was game and he showed a lot of heart. He took a beating and kept coming at Darchinyan. He'll be a decent fighter. Maybe, we'll get to see him again. But tonight, he was just outclassed.

That was a great test for Devon. He showed all the skills to be one of the best. That uppercut was well-timed and well-placed, and the rest was history for Urango. Urango's problem is most of his punches are telegraphed. You can see them coming. Devon just caught him with a nasty uppercut while he was throwing a wild right hook. That's why I love boxing, cause sometimes all it takes is ONE punch to change a fight.

Urango's always had that same style his whole career, but his chin had always stood strong. Alexander is not a big puncher at all, but he produces power from his speed and accuracy. Urango was known to have a great chin, and Alexander cracked it last night. Berto couldn't stop Urango at 147, yet Alexander got him at his natural 140lb weight. Alexander has the skills and mindset to be a special fighter

Alexander impressed the Hell out of me. Great footwork, never abandoned the jab, great uppercut, good flow to his fighting style. I really enjoyed watching him work.

The only thing I question is his defense. I'm not saying he has no defense....but it wasn't hard to dodge punches from a very slow Urango.

I'd like to see how Alexander adapts once he is taken out of his comfort zone.

I'd love to see him whip Zab Judah's ass in St. Louis and then have a showdown with Bradley.

Top Rank has done an awful job at promoting the Pac/Clotty fight. And of course, Mayweather once again proves theres no limit to his ignorance.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/360312-mayweather-is-currently-smashing-pacquiao

honestly i was surprised floyd agreed to the 50/50 split during the original agreement. against their 3 common opponents on PPV (against DLH, Hatton, & Marquez), floyd's cards did better #'s than Pac's on PPV. i thought for sure that floyd would use though numbers to try and get a bigger cut

that 65% number is just a negotiating point, he'll come down from that number and pac will mysteriously get over his fear of needles