Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Why is PED's even an issue? Nevada has been drug testing forever and Pac-man has fought there almost a dozen times or so. Bottm line is Mayweahter hasn't fought a legit contender in his prime in 5 years.

I thought they didn't do blood tests?

from Boxing Scene:

Ok here's the business, Micheal Moorer who was working for the Pacman camp tipped off Mayweather's about Pac's alleged PED use, which is why Mayweather insists on the tests up til fight time. Moorer claims that during training he saw and had knowledge of the trainers cooking up magic juice for Pac, as his questions persisted he was terminated from the camp and no longer part of Team Pacquiao. He then let Mayweather and their camp know about what he knew, which is why they are adament about the tests. Now, if Manny doesn't want to to take the tests and I have a former Heavyweight champion and cornerman from Team Manny telling me this happened, why would I not logically assume that he is ducking the test because he's dirty. Bob Arum, Freddie Roach, Ariza, and Pac all know the deal and why it's this way...which is why now the reason for declining the random testing has went from superstition, to fear of needles, to weakening the body, to now principle. Believe what you want but Mayweather will not concede on this aspect of the negotiations because he does in fact believe Pac is dirty. That being said, this lawsuit filed by Pac's people is going to backfire in a huge way because it's going to bring all these things to the forefront, they should have agreed...shut up, and took the fight. Pac and his people should be ashamed, this is a pitiful day for boxing. Manny has certainly cast a shadow of doubt

according to Chic Pierce of ESPN Conversations

...which is why now the reason for declining the random testing has went from superstition, to fear of needles, to weakening the body, to now principle.

Is that really how it's played out from the Pacquiao camp or is he just listing the random speculation that has been discussed? Also, I guess Moorer has no incentive at all to make things up after being fired?

Edited by jnhay

Is that really how it's played out from the Pacquiao camp or is he just listing the random speculation that has been discussed? Also, I guess Moorer has no incentive at all to make things up after being fired?

his promoter Bob Arum has trotted out multiple reasons as to why the testing shouldn't be done

i generally never put any weight into anything that comes of his mouth though, which is why i never brought it up. the only promoter worse than Arum is Don King

That is how it played out in their comments. Manny has only spoke on it a couple of times and said he didn't want blood drawn 48 hours before the fight because it weakens him.

I know the fear of needles came from Top Rank and that was shot down by most everyone because Pacquiao has tats all over his body lol. His aversion to blood being drawn is well documented, he named it as one of the reasons he lost to Morales. He had to get his physical done 2 days before the fight and he said the arm the blood was drawn from was weaker for that fight.

Obviously Moorer could be spewing **** as his relationship with Pacquiao and Roach was strained after the Hatton fight. He contends its because of Mannny's drug use. I remember when he was fired Roach said he just didn't like the way Moorer cornered fighters (thoughts were that Roach was grooming Moorer to take over the wildcard). So who really knows? But I do think that Bob Arum is trying his damndest to **** this up, hes scum.

Edited by WALEOVECHKIN

his promoter Bob Arum has trotted out multiple reasons as to why the testing shouldn't be done

i generally never put any weight into anything that comes of his mouth though, which is why i never brought it up. the only promoter worse than Arum is Don King

That's kinda lame. They should just ask Pacquiao directly.

Another turn. Obviously Mayweather is promoted by Mayweather promotions in a joint venture with Golden Boy. Pacquiao is Top Rank. Clottley is also Top Rank. Clottey and Pacquiao are now fighting March 13th, according to Top Rank. Its not rocket science, a Top Rank fighter v another Top Rank fighter = a **** load of money for top rank then if it was split. More reasons why this slim Arum shouldn't be trusted...

Edited by WALEOVECHKIN

LA Times is reporting that Mayweather made the 14 day deal but Arum and Top Rank never relayed this information to Pacquiao directly (he wasn't at the mediation or is even in the country). Arum is a slimball

Basically we got two sides with conflicting stories... Mayweather claims they were willing to do 14 days but Pacman's side refused to budge off their stance... Pacman is claims they were willing to do 24 days but Mayweather's side refused to budge off their stance... someone is not telling the truth...

On Moore... so did he have proof that Manny is on PEDs or is he just saw Manny drink this "magic juice"? That part of the world alot people drink herbal drinks, juices that people from the Western World could be not be comfortable with....

Either way whats wrong with Pacman taking the blood test RIGHT AFTER the fight? Why is that not acceptable fo Mayweather? Did Mayweather ever clear that up?

Another turn. Obviously Mayweather is promoted by Mayweather promotions in a joint venture with Golden Boy. Pacquiao is Top Rank. Clottley is also Top Rank. Clottey and Pacquiao are now fighting March 13th, according to Top Rank. Its not rocket science, a Top Rank fighter v another Top Rank fighter = a **** load of money for top rank then if it was split. More reasons why this slim Arum shouldn't be trusted...

you shouldn't trust anyone at this point BOTH Top Rank and Golden Boy...

Edited by sjinhan

Either way whats wrong with Pacman taking the blood test RIGHT AFTER the fight? Why is that not acceptable fo Mayweather? Did Mayweather ever clear that up?

Well, I don't see why Pacquiao couldn't take PEDs until fight week and just stop. He'd probably be clean for the test after the fight.

Well, I don't see why Pacquiao couldn't take PEDs until fight week and just stop. He'd probably be clean for the test after the fight.

but isnt the whole point of PEDs is that you want it to help you DURING the fight? I mean what kind of drug is so well designed that they can have it designed that it will leave your system in that specific of a time between the fight and the test?

does PEDs have any withdraws making you feel weaker like some drugs when you stop taking it? you know you get sugar high from drinking Monster but after it wears off you get a downer from the sugar high...

but isnt the whole point of PEDs is that you want it to help you DURING the fight? I mean what kind of drug is so well designed that they can have it designed that it will leave your system in that specific of a time between the fight and the test?

does PEDs have any withdraws making you feel weaker like some drugs when you stop taking it? you know you get sugar high from drinking Monster but after it wears off you get a downer from the sugar high...

You can for sure quit using roids and still have the advantages of it (muscle mass, recuperating from injuries etc.). Especially HGH, which is cycled...

Bob ARUM: "they did offer the 14 day cut off"

Arum does not deny that Richie Rich Schaefer of Golden Boy, the appointed Maywerather rep along with close to the best adviser Al Haymon, did end up with a two weeks out preflight test demand.

“It’s true, it’s true,” Arum said. “But they knew full well that we would not go for that. I think the real mistake was mine in not saying, “Sign the bout contract, then take your test requirements to the athletic commission.’ I should have said that and, if he signed the contract, I could’ve said go the commission and don’t bother me with this bullspit.”

Arum, smh. So Roach goes on record and says Manny has no problems with a 5 day blood test. Floyd offers 15 days and Arum turns it down saying they knew we'd never accept it? For the sake of your dying sport Arum, do the right thing.

Edited by WALEOVECHKIN

Bob ARUM: "they did offer the 14 day cut off"

Arum does not deny that Richie Rich Schaefer of Golden Boy, the appointed Maywerather rep along with close to the best adviser Al Haymon, did end up with a two weeks out preflight test demand.

“It’s true, it’s true,” Arum said. “But they knew full well that we would not go for that. I think the real mistake was mine in not saying, “Sign the bout contract, then take your test requirements to the athletic commission.’ I should have said that and, if he signed the contract, I could’ve said go the commission and don’t bother me with this bullspit.”

Arum, smh. So Roach goes on record and says Manny has no problems with a 5 day blood test. Floyd offers 15 days and Arum turns it down saying they knew we'd never accept it? For the sake of your dying sport Arum, do the right thing.

Is this fight Dumb vs. Dumber?

Again, Mayweather got the ball rolling with these unproven accusations. As been said before, if Mayweather had done this with other fights, it could be accepted, but now he's about to fight someone who could beat him and he pulls this? Open your eyes folks.

its easy to isolate & blame mayweather and public often does because he portrays himself as a "villain" to hype fight

if the tables were flipped and it was manny demanding that floyd take drug tests, and floyd refused, people would still blame floyd

For the sake of your dying sport Arum, do the right thing.

The argument could be made that making this fight is boxing's great day and it's deathnail. After this fight what else is there? By not having it they are actually keeping boxing in the public by talking about it. After it goes down boxing has nothing to offer us used-to-be big time boxing fans. Their only hope is that the fight is an all time classic and they could do a trilogy out of it. That would only happen if Pac won though. If mayweather wins one way or another there is no way he takes a rematch. Hell, he won't even take this fight because he is so scared to lose.

its easy to isolate & blame mayweather and public often does because he portrays himself as a "villain" to hype fight

if the tables were flipped and it was manny demanding that floyd take drug tests, and floyd refused, people would still blame floyd

Yeah, but Mayweather brings that on himself. He's ****y, throws his money around, and sounds dumb a lot. His father and uncle are hilarious though.

Yeah, but Mayweather brings that on himself. He's ****y, throws his money around, and sounds dumb a lot. His father and uncle are hilarious though.

i understand that perfectly. thats my point. his persona will cause people to blame mayweather no matter what if the fight falls apart, even if there is plenty of blame to go around on each side, as is the case for this fight

i understand that perfectly. thats my point. his persona will cause people to blame mayweather no matter what if the fight falls apart, even if there is plenty of blame to go around on each side, as is the case for this fight

I think Pacquiao lets his people talk too much for him. I understand the language barrier, but he always comes off as a pretty nice guy despite what people say about him.

Not me. The reason Floyd is taking flack is because we finally get to see him face an equal fighter and he pulls this crap. And I really don't buy him as a villain. Liston, Forman and Tyson. Those were villains.

EDIT: Jnhay, that's a good way of putting it. Mayweather is more ****y than a true villain.

Edited by blue collar