Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

You see I would've believed that if I didn't know that Pac took a blood test just days before his Hatton fight.

:helmet:

it was 2 weeks (EDIT: you are right its 24 days) which isnt right before the fight or day before the fight... Pacman's manager informed him of this and Pacman did move off his stance of 30 days..

I am sure that 30 days was a number that was thrown out there because they needed to write it into contract. I dont think Pacman superstition about being weak after the blood is drawn has any specific XX number of days but instead he feels that he is weaker so he doesnt want it done close to the fight.

Either way I think its Mayweather just postering to dodge a fight without hurting his ego. I think Mayweather loves money so 30 millions dollar is a bitg motivation but I think Mayweather loves himself more than money so he wants to avoid any chances of him damaging his ego.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1241302/Manny-Pacquiao-Floyd-Mayweather-Jnr-fight-OFF-says-Filipinos-promoter-Bob-Arum.html

Edited by sjinhan

Dana White is smiling. Boxing continues it's downward spiral and now his events have less competition on PPV.

I like them both, but UFC isn't the dominant force I thought it was sure to become. It may have reached a saturation point. And I still can't believe how little money the fighters make.

how is the comprise of taking a blood test 24 days before the fight... piss test everyday to very moment before entering the ring... and taking a blood test as soon as he gets out of the ring after the fight... not good enough for Mayweather?

Are PEDs that advanced now that they can have it help Pacman during the ~45 mins of the fight then suddenly become not detectable in a blood test right after the fight?

Come on its pretty obvious that its Mayweather that is being unreasonable.

Edited by sjinhan

Mosely is a proven PED using. If Mayweather fights him, I might actually start thinking he's simply afraid of losing to Manny.

he wont fight Mosely because Mosely probably has a chance of beating him this point of their careers...

Mayweather will pick another opponent that he can just easily beat without question.

he wont fight Mosely because Mosely probably has a chance of beating him this point of their careers...

Mayweather will pick another opponent that he can just easily beat without question.

mayweather's adviser Leonard Ellerbee has already said they will fight Mosely provided Mosley beats Andre Berto on January 23rd

there's enough blame to go around on both parties on this one

I'm not buying that. Mayweather's the one who put the "operation stop the fight" into motion. Again, has he ever did this with any other fight? Don't be fooled, Mayweather knew that Pac wouldn't agree to his terms so now he can turn around and say that Pac is the reason this fight isn't happening. And it's kind of funny now that the fight is off that Mayweather wants to, as he puts it, "kick that punks ---."

I'm not buying that. Mayweather's the one who put the "operation stop the fight" into motion. Again, has he ever did this with any other fight? Don't be fooled, Mayweather knew that Pac wouldn't agree to his terms so now he can turn around and say that Pac is the reason this fight isn't happening. And it's kind of funny now that the fight is off that Mayweather wants to, as he puts it, "kick that punks ---."

I co-sign to that.

Pac has never ducked anyone through his career. He's gone up against bigger opponents with out any hesitation, so why would he all of a sudden be scared to fight Mayweather. I agree with Pacs stance on this whole situation. He's never been required to do it before, but now he has to because Mayweather wants him to?

Drug policy or not, Mayweather is the one that looks shook. Mayweather is infamous for pulling this :pooh:. His reluctance to compromise the negotiation just confirms he doesn't want to fight.

And now he wants to run his mouth, disrespecting Pac by calling him a punk :doh:

You guys need to realize that it's all a part of Floyd's game. It's all done to get into Manny's head. Just like Hopkins stomping on the Puerto Rican flag at the press conference and some of his other shenanigans. He wants Manny to be distracted so that when he gets in the ring he loses his concentration just enough to knock him off his A game.

Ali was also the master of getting into his oppponent's heads.

You guys need to realize that it's all a part of Floyd's game. It's all done to get into Manny's head. Just like Hopkins stomping on the Puerto Rican flag at the press conference and some of his other shenanigans. He wants Manny to be distracted so that when he gets in the ring he loses his concentration just enough to knock him off his A game.

Ali was also the master of getting into his oppponent's heads.

What Ali did was totally different. Floyd is making serious accusations that he can't back up and tried to tarnish Pac's legacy.

Ali just talked ----.

I think its official, Pacquiao doesn't want to fight:

From December 23rd:

"If they give me a 5-day window or something like that I have no problem with it," Roach said. "When they've drawn blood from Manny in the past he feels weaker for three or four days. It may be mental, but it's there."

Mayweather contends:

"Before the mediation, my team proposed a 14-day, no blood testing window leading up to the fight. But it was rejected. I am still proposing the 14-day window but he is still unwilling to agree to it, even though this is obviously a fair compromise on my part as I wanted the testing to be up until the fight and he wanted a 30-day cut-off. The truth is he just doesn't want to take the tests.

It just got way more interesting...

Rumors going around are that Michael Moore (was co-trainer at Wildcard for a little bit and Pac's co-trainer) told Floyd that Manny uses PEDs

Edited by WALEOVECHKIN

Pacquaio to fight Clottey, Roach says

With his fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. all but off, Manny Pacquiao has instead agreed to fight Joshua Clottey on March 13 at a site to be determined, Pacquiao trainer Freddie Roach told ESPN's Brian Kenny on Friday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4808708

This sucks. I'm hoping they still get the Mayweather fight before the weekend is through.

Per ESPN.com

Pacquiao to fight Clottey, Roach says

With his fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. all but off, Manny Pacquiao has instead agreed to fight Joshua Clottey on March 13 at a site to be determined, Pacquiao trainer Freddie Roach told ESPN's Brian Kenny on Friday.

The Pacquiao-Mayweather bout, which had also been tentatively set for March 13, was called off Wednesday night by Top Rank's Bob Arum, Pacquiao's promoter, after mediation failed to resolve their issues over drug testing protocol.

But Mayweather Jr. maintained Thursday night that he still wanted to fight Pacquiao.

Clottey (35-3, 20 KOs), a 32-year-old from Ghana living in New York, last fought in a split decision loss to welterweight titlist Miguel Cotto on June 13, a fight many believed Clottey won.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody can book another fight that fast unless they already had a contingency plan in place. He never wanted any parts of Mayweather and threw up smokescreens. When ever you would see an interview with Pac, and any reporter would ask him about Mayweather he would deflect the question.

Edited by C26 Run

I really hope someone could answer this question...

if Pacman really is on PEDs... wouldnt that show up on the post-fight blood test that they are willing to take in the locker room right after the fight?

If Mayweather's main concern is about proving that Pacman can't beat him without an assistance of PEDs wouldnt this test be good enough?

1) If Pacman beats him and tests positive after the fight then Mayweather was right and still the best "clean" fighter in the world...

2) If Pacman loses to him and tests positive after the fight then Mayweather's "legacy" grows that much more...

3) If Pacman loses to him and tests negative after the fight then Mayweather was wrong but he still proves that he is a better fighter than Pacman...

4) If Pacman beats him and tests negative after the fight then Mayweather was and idiot and his legacy will be placed right below Pacman's...

so among those 4 scenarios... It seems like Mayweather has no real reason to not agree with the post fight blood test unless Mayweather wants to dodge Pacman....

I dont care what Mayweather camps says... I wont believe Mayweather vs Mosley fight until I see them step in the ring... Mayweather will come up with some reason not to fight Mosley when the moment of truth nears...

Per ESPN.com

Pacquiao to fight Clottey, Roach says

The Pacquiao-Mayweather bout, which had also been tentatively set for March 13, was called off Wednesday night by Top Rank's Bob Arum, Pacquiao's promoter, after mediation failed to resolve their issues over drug testing protocol.

But Mayweather Jr. maintained Thursday night that he still wanted to fight Pacquiao.

Clottey (35-3, 20 KOs), a 32-year-old from Ghana living in New York, last fought in a split decision loss to welterweight titlist Miguel Cotto on June 13, a fight many believed Clottey won.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody can book another fight that fast unless they already had a contingency plan in place. He never wanted any parts of Mayweather and threw up smokescreens. When ever you would see an interview with Pac, and any reporter would ask him about Mayweather he would deflect the question.

if you are a legit promoter than you should have contingency plan in place especially when you still havent officially signed to fight anyone...

why dont you question Mayweather's side when they saying they will fight Mosley next following Mosley-Berto fight? Seems like they had a plan in place too huh?