Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

if you are a legit promoter than you should have contingency plan in place especially when you still havent officially signed to fight anyone...

why dont you question Mayweather's side when they saying they will fight Mosley next following Mosley-Berto fight? Seems like they had a plan in place too huh?

Provided that Mosely does get past Berto, Mayweather wants to punish him for him out after the Marquez fight. The fight between Pac and Clottey is already signed. Nobody has a signed fight that fast unless they already knew that didn't want to get in the ring. Are you really willing to pay for a Clottey/Pac fight?

:helmet:

Lacy was overhyped based on him destroying some bums

at least Taylor has some wins (although controversial) over a future HOF in B-Hop

agree with your assessment of Lacy to some extent. I don't think any of us know how good Lacy could have been. Lacy ran into the same problem as Cotto. He was a fighter on the rise who walked into a total ass whoopin and never recovered.

Lacy was on top of the Super Middle weight world (in the US) and ran into a mack truck (Joe Calzaghe)

Lacy's only three loses of his career were against two hall of famers (Jones, Calzaghe) and a should have been hall of famer (Taylor)

to answer the original question, I'd say Taylor had a much larger fall.....he was a hot prospect going into the fight with Bhop; not only did he beat Bhop once, he beat him twice (I think I remember scoring the second fight a draw)

When reflecting on Taylor's career and wondering why he wasn't the next great, I come to the conclusion that he just didn't have the mental toughness.

People can spin this anyway they want to but the only thing the great PacMan had to do was agree to the same drug testing standards that thousands of athletes currently adhere to. Mayweather was going to participate in it as well so it's not like he was asking Pacman to do anything special.

Pacman refused and then got all mad about it talking lawsuit. He wanted set testing dates.

In the era following the baseball debacle I know I'm not alone is wondering about Pacman after this. Drugs can be flushed from the system if you know when the tests are. The tests already lag behind technology to find them as it is.

People can blame Mayweather because what they wanted was the fight to happen. I however think Mayweather may be onto something. The amazing athlete blinked when asked to the adhere the most rigorous standards in testing. Turned down his biggest payday for fear of random testing.

Bob Arum: Yes, he of, "Yesterday I lied, today I'm telling the truth," fame. Throughout the entire affair Pacquiao's promoter was more interested in taking shots at Floyd Mayweather and his camp, and trying to work over the media then to work out a deal. As Golden Boy representative Richard Schaefer repeatedly told media outlets that the fight could still get done and only small issues needed to be ironed out, Arum jumped at every opportunity to say the fight was dead. Arum formerly promoted Mayweather, until their relationship turned sour and Mayweather bought his way out of the contract. Arum's stubborn refusal to work amiably with Mayweather when it would have benefited everyone involved was one of the driving factors of the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight being tanked.

Manny Pacquiao: Boxers are superstitious people. That's why they have such rigid routines and it forms the basis of some of their courage to step into the ring and exchange thunderous shots to the face with one another. However, Pacquiao's superstitious belief that having his blood drawn would make him weak and his resulting refusal to adhere to the demands of Mayweather was the final boulder that could not be moved out of the way for the mega-fight to get made. Ultimately, if you are a clean fighter, why wouldn't you agree to have your blood taken for $50 million?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2580405/pacquiao_vs_mayweather_comes_to_a_screeching_pg2.html?cat=49 Edited by Destino

People can spin this anyway they want to but the only thing the great PacMan had to do was agree to the same drug testing standards that thousands of athletes currently adhere to. Mayweather was going to participate in it as well so it's not like he was asking Pacman to do anything special.

Pacman refused and then got all mad about it talking lawsuit. He wanted set testing dates.

In the era following the baseball debacle I know I'm not alone is wondering about Pacman after this. Drugs can be flushed from the system if you know when the tests are. The tests already lag behind technology to find them as it is.

People can blame Mayweather because what they wanted was the fight to happen. I however think Mayweather may be onto something. The amazing athlete blinked when asked to the adhere the most rigorous standards in testing. Turned down his biggest payday for fear of random testing.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2580405/pacquiao_vs_mayweather_comes_to_a_screeching_pg2.html?cat=49

Have Mayweather ever did this with any other potential opponents? And it's about principal. I don't blame Pac one bit. Why let Mayweather dictate the drug testing? If Pac would have agreed, Mayweather WOULD HAVE come up with something else.

EDIT: And I'll believe Mayweather wants to fight Mosley when I see it.

Edited by blue collar

Have Mayweather ever did this with any other potential opponents? And it's about principal. I don't blame Pac one bit. Why let Mayweather dictate the drug testing? If Pac would have agreed, Mayweather WOULD HAVE come up with something else.

You can say that until you are blue in the face but all reports on the facts in this case suggest that what you're saying in nonsense. Not only was this the FINAL obstacle in negotiations but the Mayweather camp did compromise on many details of the fight. Pacman's camp is the one that freaked out over the drug testing and refused to move. They were saying the fight was dead long before Mayweather's camp.

As soon as the drug testing was seen by them they wanted no part of this fight. I think the reason Mayweather did this is because he had a suspicion about Pacman and he wasn't about to lose his legacy to a juicer. Looks like he was right. The multi-weight class wonder... maybe he's not such a wonder after all.

Edited by Destino

EDIT: And I'll believe Mayweather wants to fight Mosley when I see it.

That's my issue blue collar...if Mayweather had demanded these testing standards for his previous fights, I would have no problem with him wanting this for this fight...but mayweather was scared...so Pacman agrees to 3 tests (1 the week the fight would be announced, 24 days before the fight, and right after the fight), but that wasnt good enough for floyd...at some point if u want to make the fight u gotta come up off of your stance...and floyd never did, so Pac moved on... If Floyd really wanted to fight, he would have never put it out there than he thinks Pacman was juicing...Floyd is only concerned about staying undefeated...we wills ee who he fights next...it will be someone who won't test him like Maglianni.

You can say that until you are blue in the face but all reports on the facts in this case suggest that what you're saying in nonsense. Not only was this the FINAL obstacle in negotiations but the Mayweather camp did compromise on many details of the fight. Pacman's camp is the one that freaked out over the drug testing and refused to move. They were saying the fight was dead long before Mayweather's camp.

As soon as the drug testing was seen by them they wanted no part of this fight. I think the reason Mayweather did this is because he had a suspicion about Pacman and he wasn't about to lose his legacy to a juicer. Looks like he was right. The multi-weight class wonder... maybe he's not such a wonder after all.

You believe whatever you want. I called this as soon as Pac beat Cotto. I said that Mayweather will do something to prevent this fight from happening. He did. I thought it would be a money issue.

And you talk about his legacy. What legacy are we talking about? The man has ducked everyone that could have beat him. From Margarito to Mosley.

That's my issue blue collar...if Mayweather had demanded these testing standards for his previous fights, I would have no problem with him wanting this for this fight...but mayweather was scared...so Pacman agrees to 3 tests (1 the week the fight would be announced, 24 days before the fight, and right after the fight), but that wasnt good enough for floyd...at some point if u want to make the fight u gotta come up off of your stance...and floyd never did, so Pac moved on... If Floyd really wanted to fight, he would have never put it out there than he thinks Pacman was juicing...Floyd is only concerned about staying undefeated...we wills ee who he fights next...it will be someone who won't test him like Maglianni.

Let me ask you something. Why don't the most rigorous drug testing standards, those of the Olympics, follow the schedule Manny was willing to accept? I mean if it's the same thing why not? I'll tell you why not. Because if the athletes know the time and date of the tests they can be sure to pass them. That's the bottom line. If you're willing to swallow the ridiculous nonsense that Pacman passed up the chance to cement his legacy with a truly signature win and a 50 million dollar potential pay out over superstition I've got a bridge to sell you.

The reality here is simple, the only thing that was ever able to stop Pacman meteoric rise in the ring has been the prospect of an unscheduled test. After the baseball debacle when I see that I know exactly what is going on.

Edited by Destino

he got the suspicsion from his father who wouldn't no the difference between steroids and supplements if you put signs under both of them identifying them...he was saying he has gone thru the weight classes and hasn't lost his power...you mean just like floyd has gone thru weight classes?? and this isn't the olympics, this is professional boxing...if the testing was good for Floyd before he fought Pacman, then it is good after...this is a smokescreen put up by Floyd to lay the blame on Pacman for not making the fight...floyd doesn't pick fighters who can test him...say what you want about pacman, but he took on the best in his divisions...floyd, not so much.

he got the suspicsion from his father who wouldn't no the difference between steroids and supplements if you put signs under both of them identifying them...he was saying he has gone thru the weight classes and hasn't lost his power...you mean just like floyd has gone thru weight classes?? and this isn't the olympics, this is professional boxing...if the testing was good for Floyd before he fought Pacman, then it is good after...this is a smokescreen put up by Floyd to lay the blame on Pacman for not making the fight...floyd doesn't pick fighters who can test him...say what you want about pacman, but he took on the best in his divisions...floyd, not so much.

That's the truth. Pac has already pretty much negotiated a fight with a very tough Clotty.

Who cares where he got the suspicion? If Pacman wanted the fight it was his to have. The smokescreen you are talking about is hilarious. It's like Pacman was asked to climb Everest in order to sign the contract... the reality is simple. All he had to do was agree to more rigorous testing, something that an athlete with nothing to hide wouldn't bat an eye before agreeing to for that kind of payday and cap on a great career.

He blinked.

Let me ask you something. Why don't the most rigorous drug testing standards, those of the Olympics, follow the schedule Manny was willing to accept? I mean if it's the same thing why not?

I'll tell you why not. Because if the athletes know the time and date of the tests they can be sure to pass them. That's the bottom line. If you're willing to swallow the ridiculous nonsense that Pacman passed up the chance to cement his legacy with a truly signature win and a 50 million dollar potential pay out over superstition I've got a bridge to sell you.

And if you believe that Floyd really wanted to fight pacman I got a bridge for you too Destino. Why didn't Floyd ask for these rigourous testing standards when he fought Marquez, Hatton, or Oscar?? And once again this is not the Olympics, this is professioanl boxing. Nevada State Commission was good for Floyd befor ebut not now? He knew Pacman could whip him, so he threw up the smokescreen. At least when you accuse someone of something you gotta have proof. Mayweather had no proof. He basically said Pacman was not legitimate. Floyd isn't the #1 guy anymore. Pac is the guy. You will see when the PPV numbers when they both fight on march 13 come in. Mannuy will get more PPV buys.

And if you believe that Floyd really wanted to fight pacman I got a bridge for you too Destino. Why didn't Floyd ask for these rigourous testing standards when he fought Marquez, Hatton, or Oscar?? And once again this is not the Olympics, this is professioanl boxing. Nevada State Commission was good for Floyd befor ebut not now? He knew Pacman could whip him, so he threw up the smokescreen. At least when you accuse someone of something you gotta have proof. Mayweather had no proof. He basically said Pacman was not legitimate. Floyd isn't the #1 guy anymore. Pac is the guy. You will see when the PPV numbers when they both fight on march 13 come in. Mannuy will get more PPV buys.

I don't care if Floyd wanted the fight or not. The reality is simple. The only thing Pacman had to do to get in the ring with Mayweather was agree to more rigorous testing. Let's say you are right on all counts. Mayweather wanted no part of this fight.

Does that change the fact that the only thing Pacman had to do to have this fight take place was agree to random, unscheduled, testing? No. That stopped the might Pacman in his tracks and sent him running. You see how fast he scheduled another fight? He wants no part of this and he wants to get this idea of testing out of the press as quickly as possible.

Let's agree Floyd Mayweather is a gutless weasel. Pacman still blinked at the idea of random testing and his camp was declaring the fight dead EARLY in the discussions upon seeing that demand from Mayweather. They wanted no part of it.

Who cares where he got the suspicion? If Pacman wanted the fight it was his to have. The smokescreen you are talking about is hilarious. It's like Pacman was asked to climb Everest in order to sign the contract... the reality is simple. All he had to do was agree to more rigorous testing, something that an athlete with nothing to hide wouldn't bat an eye before agreeing to for that kind of payday and cap on a great career.

He blinked.

he agreed to the testing Destino you keep missing that point...the sticking point was when the last test would be before the fight...Floyd wanted 14 days and wouldn't budge..pac first wanted 30 days, then 24 days...its a negotiation...with one side negotiating...at some point if Floyd really wanted the fight he would have come off of 14 days and move closer to pacquiao...but he didn't...actually this shows how much fear Floyd had of pacquiao to go thru all of this...he knew Manny could beat him...he just didnt think manny was legit...if you say you are all that, whip him juiced or no juice..floyd was the faster bigger man...he thought it would be an easy fight...his actions thought otherwise.

The most corrupt sport on the planet. Not the Olympics. I already knew that.

it has been corrupt Destino..it didnt just get corrupt when Floyd and Manny wanted to match up...Floyd would get no argument from me if he asked for rigourous testing in previous fights...but he didn't...he let is farther talk him out of that...if manny was guilty, he wouldn't have sued floyd for defamtion...bonds, mcgwire, sosa etc got accused of using PEDs, but the didnt sue...because they knew deep down it was true.