Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

both fighters being promoted by Golden Boy may play a role in easier negotiating. My question is, what will the split be? In my eyes, this should be a 50-50, but I have a feeling Floyd is going to be looking for a 60-40

i think 60/40 floyd should and will be the cut. floyd has a history of producing better buyrates than shane

if going by talent, it would be 50/50 but that never decides the split (remember that floyd took 30% against DLH)

pretty good doubleheader tonight on HBO:

Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Steven Luevano

Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Rogers Mtagwa

provided Lopez & Gamboa are both victorious, they will fight each other in may or june. they are both in with pretty good opponents. Luevano doesn't do anything great, but he does everything well. he's very solid, just not flashy. Lopez barely survived his last match with Rogers Mtagwa, in what was a serious "fight of the year" candidate.

Gamboa is basically fighting Mtagwa because Mtagwa gave Lopez hell in his last match. Gamboa wants to show he can defeat Mtagwa in a more impressive fashion. Mtagwa is no easy win though, he's rugged, tough, and is definitely not just "another opponent". Gamboa is one most exciting fighters in boxing today, but he is very reckless with his defense. he has great head movement, which causes him to drop his hands alot, and is why he has been chin checked in previous fights.

i think Lopez & Gamboa will both be victorious tonight. these are two of the boxings most promising young stars. if you can watch tonight, you should

Edited by StillUnknown

pretty good doubleheader tonight on HBO:

Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Steven Luevano

Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Rogers Mtagwa

provided Lopez & Gamboa are both victorious, they will fight each other in may or june. they are both in with pretty good opponents. Luevano doesn't do anything great, but he does everything well. he's very solid, just not flashy. Lopez barely survived his last match with Rogers Mtagwa, in what was a serious "fight of the year" candidate.

Gamboa is basically fighting Mtagwa because Mtagwa gave Lopez hell in his last match. Gamboa wants to show he can defeat Mtagwa in a more impressive fashion. Mtagwa is no easy win though, he's rugged, tough, and is definitely not just "another opponent". Gamboa is one most exciting fighters in boxing today, but he is very reckless with his defense. he has great head movement, which causes him to drop his hands alot, and is why he has been chin checked in previous fights.

i think Lopez & Gamboa will both be victorious tonight. these are two of the boxings most promising young stars. if you can watch tonight, you should

Gamboa was very impressive, he crushed a much smaller Mtagwa....wasn't even a test. Lopez fight was boring, I'm not very impressed with Lopez, although he did do what he needed to in that fight to win.

I'm excited to see Gamboa vs. Lopez...I expect Gamboa to win.

Gamboa might be my favorite fighter in boxing right now. dude is scary good athletically. reminds me alot of a smaller Roy Jones Jr. i'm impressed with him because he's shored up some of his defensive problems i noticed in other fights. he's much more responsible with his hands in his last few fights. his speed & killer instinct are unmatched at that weight class.

i thought Lopez looked good against a tougher opponent last night. Luevano is one of those kinds of boxers that its hard to look good against him, but Lopez came in and took him out in 7 rounds.

about a year ago i would've picked Lopez over Gamboa, mainly because Gamboa defense was technically flawed at that time. now with his improvements defensively, i see Gamboa winning. i'm not sure how Juanma will be able to get over the speed advantage Gamboa will have

Like I've said previously there is a reason Olympic testing is random and they don't tell the athlete's when the limits are. With the amounts of money at stake I'm sure chemicals can be dosed to clear testing times if the athletes knew then in advance.

Also 14 days prefight is plenty of time to recover "strength" lost by a tiny blood sample. An hour would be enough.

and also another question raised is.. so Mayweather is so worried about the PEDs and if PEDs are that advanced that you can hide it as some claims...

so suddenly testing 14 days before the fight is good enough? If Mayweather was that worried about PEDs then he should NEVER have budged from his initial demands on this fight or any of his fights in the future.

Surprise, Surprise. Mayweather is hesitating with the proposed Mosley fight.

www.boxingnews24.com/2010/01/mayweather-hesitating-with-mosley-fight-news/

So let me get this straight. Pac has to go through the very tough Clootey while Pretty Boy sits on the sidelines. Is that the plan? And I guess if Pac loses, Pretty Boy will beat his chest and claim he's the undisputed pound for pound champ.

Surprise, Surprise. Mayweather is hesitating with the proposed Mosley fight.

www.boxingnews24.com/2010/01/mayweather-hesitating-with-mosley-fight-news/

So let me get this straight. Pac has to go through the very tough Clootey while Pretty Boy sits on the sidelines. Is that the plan? And I guess if Pac loses, Pretty Boy will beat his chest and claim he's the undisputed pound for pound champ.

i'd wait until someone other than Michael Marley reports on the issue. from past readings and reports of his, he's not exactly the most credible dude when it comes to boxing stories

i'd wait until someone other than Michael Marley reports on the issue. from past readings and reports of his, he's not exactly the most credible dude when it comes to boxing stories

We'll wait and see. It's funny that this fight isn't yet finalized though. I said it when this fight was rumored and I'll say it again, I'll only be convinced when Mayweather and Mosley are walking towards the ring.

We'll wait and see. It's funny that this fight isn't yet finalized though. I said it when this fight was rumored and I'll say it again, I'll only be convinced when Mayweather and Mosley are walking towards the ring.

+1

Mayweather would be smart to do what that article is claiming though...

Mosley is a dangerous fight for him even more so than Pacman...

However I want to see Mayweather fight Pacman first because I really want to see what Pacman can do to him before Mosely hurts him. haha

+1

Mayweather would be smart to do what that article is claiming though...

Mosley is a dangerous fight for him even more so than Pacman...

However I want to see Mayweather fight Pacman first because I really want to see what Pacman can do to him before Mosely hurts him. haha

IMO, fighters fight. You can't claim to be the best taking this approach. All the great fighters of the past took on all comers, anytime, anywhere. That's what Pac is doing. Mayweather, not so much.

IMO, fighters fight. You can't claim to be the best taking this approach. All the great fighters of the past took on all comers, anytime, anywhere. That's what Pac is doing. Mayweather, not so much.

bravo...this is why Mayweather will never be great in my eyes. He HASN'T fought everyone....he is actually yet to fight a legit welterweight, and he's been in the division for about 4 or 5 years now.

bravo...this is why Mayweather will never be great in my eyes. He HASN'T fought everyone....he is actually yet to fight a legit welterweight, and he's been in the division for about 4 or 5 years now.

I'm a big Floyd fan but I agree, this is a chickens**t move if it's true. Mosley is a dangerous fight but I still think Floyd beats him decisively if he'll just step up and take the fight.

I'm a big Floyd fan but I agree, this is a chickens**t move if it's true. Mosley is a dangerous fight but I still think Floyd beats him decisively if he'll just step up and take the fight.

Shane is Bigger, Faster, and stronger.....he will beat Floyd.

Floyd isn't going to be able to hide behind his shoulder (like he normally does) Shane will knock him out if he tried to counter punch

Shane is Bigger, Faster, and stronger.....he will beat Floyd.

Floyd isn't going to be able to hide behind his shoulder (like he normally does) Shane will knock him out if he tried to counter punch

Shane is bigger and probably stronger, but you're insane if you think he's faster than Floyd. There's no denying that Floyd's defense is the best in the business by a wide margin. Him and Hopkins are the best defensive fighters of this generation, if not all time.

I stand by my previous statement. If Floyd quits being a vagina and the fight happens, then he beats Shane in a lopsided decision.

Shane is bigger and probably stronger, but you're insane if you think he's faster than Floyd. There's no denying that Floyd's defense is the best in the business by a wide margin. Him and Hopkins are the best defensive fighters of this generation, if not all time.

I stand by my previous statement. If Floyd quits being a vagina and the fight happens, then he beats Shane in a lopsided decision.

Shane's hand speed is superior to Floyd's and is is undoubtedly much stronger.

You can think Floyd will walk through Shane all you want; but you will be sadly mistaken in the end.

Floyd has yet to fight a high caliper opponent (in his own weight class) since he came into the welterwieght division. He continues to fight smaller/aging fighters who have inferior skills to his own.

Shane is going to break him down for about 9 or 10 rounds and then the fight will either be stopped, or Shane will knock him out.

All the underweight opponents Floyd has fought in the past had to respect floyd's power, because he was the much bigger man.

An aging De La Hoya went after Floyd and didn't show his power (or lack there of) much respect, and an over the hill Oscar almost beat him.

Shane is at the top of his game, and he will be the bigger man. he wont respect Floyd's power punches and will come right after him.

Floyd might be able to put up a solid defensive effort for the first 3 or 4 rounds, but once his shoulder has been beat on for 4 straight rounds by a bigger stronger man, he will cave in.

Shane's hand speed is superior to Floyd's and is is undoubtedly much stronger.

You can think Floyd will walk through Shane all you want; but you will be sadly mistaken in the end.

Shane is fast but he's not even close to Floyd in hand speed. To even suggest such a thing is absurd.

I have a crispy dollar that says Floyd wins. If Shane wins, not only will I send you that crispy dollar but I will publicly bow down and testify to your superior boxing knowledge right here on ES.:silly:

Shane is fast but he's not even close to Floyd in hand speed. To even suggest such a thing is absurd.

If Shane is at the top of his game, his hand speed is faster.

I have a crispy dollar that says Floyd wins. If Shane wins, not only will I send you that crispy dollar but I will publicly bow down and testify to your superior boxing knowledge right here on ES.:silly:

can really testify one is more superior than another based on one fight, but I think I'm going to win this round.

I have a crispy dollar that says Floyd wins. If Shane wins, not only will I send you that crispy dollar

Shouldn't that be a "crisp" dollar? A crispy dollar makes it sound like you're going to deep fry the sucker before you mail it.

Hmm....fried money.....

only way he beats shane by four rounds is if Shane comes in unprepared

Shane got outboxed clean some rounds by Miguel Cotto. Cotto is a great fighter, but he's nowhere near the technician that Floyd is.

i also go back to the fact that Shane has been at his most vulnerable against defensive minded technicians (Winky Wright & Vernon Forrest to be specific). now shane has obviously improved since those fights, thats undeniable, and i'm certain that Naazim Richardson (i put him on the same level as Freddie Roach as a trainer) will have him well prepared for that fight.

i just dont think he's improved enough to handle someone he'll have trouble hitting