Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Manny is not objecting to the type of testing they do for the Olympics, its the fact that the USADA conducts random testing, which means they can test him right before the bell rings for the first round.

Floyd looks stupid in this as that type of testing is not needed for a fight. Even if Manny was on something, or Floyd for that matter, no test will find it as I am sure whoever supplies them with the PED, would know how not to get caught, just like Conti did at Balco. Cheaters will always be a few steps ahead of the testers.

Manny does not want blood drawn while he is training or before the fight, because he believes it makes him weaker for at least 3 days following , it might all be in his head, it might be real for him, who really knows for sure other than Manny? I think Manny has done enough for the sport that if he does not want random testing within a certian number of days before the fight, then he shouldn't have too. Manny will agree to random testing, just not so close to the fight.

Anyone who thinks Manny is dirty and is trying to duck a "really thorough" test is an idiot. How well has the USADA done in the past when it comes to catching cheaters? They missded Marion Jones and pretty much every other US track & field competitor from 1984 through 2004. (not say they where all dirty, but for sure not all where clean). Not to mention all the international competitors for the Atlanta & Salt Lake Olympics, who tested positive at a later date, but passed USADA tests.

Floyd is just being Floyd, trying to stir stuff up and see if he can get into Manny's head, which looks to be successful so far. Floyd also knows Manny stands a good chance of beating him, and if (when) that happens, he will use the testing issue as an excuse.

Manny has to take this fight in March, because if he gets elected in The Phillipines, Ithink his boxing career will be over. I think Floyd knows this as well & might use this to duck yet another fighter who could put that first L on his record.

He was exposed a couple of weeks ago. I think he lost that fight.

i wouldn't call that being "exposed", Martinez is a damn good fighter in his own right. its not like paul was fighting a scrub that took him to the limit

Paul has trouble against slick southpaws, not many of those floating around from 147-160. still that fight could've gone either way imo (the 119-110 scorecard was a crock of **** though)

Edited by StillUnknown

i wouldn't call that being "exposed", Martinez is a damn good fighter in his own right. its not like paul was fighting a scrub that took him to the limit

Paul has trouble against slick southpaws, not many of those floating around from 147-160. still that fight could've gone either way imo (the 119-110 scorecard was a crock of **** though)

To me, Williams is just one of those fighters that throws a high volume of punches. Many of his punches are wild IMO. I've just never been all that high on him.

Well, when Shane was the top guy, Floyd wanted to fight him and Shane refused.
If I'm not mistaken, Mayweather was in a lower weight class when he wanted to fight Shane....Shane had bigger fish to fry in his own weight class.

One think is for certain, Mayweather wasn't the #2 fighter in the weight class when this happened. One think is for certain, Mayweather wasn't the #2 fighter in the weight class when this happened.

As of right now, Mayweather and Mosley are the two top true welterweight in boxing right now....they need to get this fight done.

And every fighter you named, Floyd would have beat. Cotto have been exposed, Paul Williams is overrated IMO, Mosley let Cotto beat him and Margarito would have been tough, but Floyd would have found a way.

Actually...we will probably never know...because your boy never fought them. I love Boxing, but it is a joke these days. All the titles; all the ridiculous fight that make no sense.

I wish it were the old days where all the fighters wanted the strap (the true undisputed title) then there is no way Mayweather would have gotten away with dodging all the top talent in his weight class.

Edited by Gator Bait

Manny uses roids to get strong before the fight. By the time the fight is done and they test, its out of the system.

Manny is a roider.

so they now have a roid that is designed so specifically that it stays in his system in the ~30-45 mins of the fight then magically disappears before any post fight testing can be done?

seems like a reach.

Pacquiao is a huge hypocrite and a liar. How could anyone make the claim that they are afraid of needles and blood? Especially when your a boxer with tattoos?! How could you be afraid of blood? Does anyone not recognize what is happening here?

Of course, he's going to file a lawsuit against Mayweather. He doesn't want his secret out. Most importantly he knows that the burden of proof falls on Mayweather. Mayweather wouldn't be able to prove anything(which Manny knows). I'm not saying the brother is doping but he shouldn't be treating fans like they're stupid.

He should take the tests and in 2010 prove that he's the best pound for pound fighter.

:helmet:

Well the Mayweathers should have just kept their traps shut if they didn't have no proof. I don't blame Pac. They tried to tarnish his legacy.

The proof is there. Just watch the matches. In this type of law where money is involved, Mayweather would need an inside man to blow the lid on Pac.

If Pac has nothing to hide, THEN TAKE THE TESTS.

Well the Mayweathers should have just kept their traps shut if they didn't have no proof. I don't blame Pac. They tried to tarnish his legacy.
Well if he's not doing PEDs (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt), why ***** away from the testing?

The proof is there. Just watch the matches. In this type of law where money is involved, Mayweather would need an inside man to blow the lid on Pac.

If it's there, where is it? I guess Leonard, Hearns or any other fighter that won multiple titles in different weight classes is suspect. Mayweather is one of those guys that don't want to fight someone that can beat him.

And you say "if Pac has nothing to hide, he ought to take a test?" Well, that's not how it works. If Mayweather is so into PED's in boxing, name another fight that he pulled this crap.

Originally Posted by C26 Run viewpost.gif

Dude, just quit while you're ahead because you sound like a complete idiot. Pac will take the testing as long as the NAC decides and dictates the protocol for testing. Arum is not going to let the Gayweathers decide the testing the policy.

Get a grip on yourself.

Dude, just quit while you're ahead because you sound like a complete idiot. Pac will take the testing as long as the NAC decides and dictates the protocol for testing. Arum is not going to let the Gayweathers decide the testing the policy.

Get a grip on yourself.

Gayweather?

are you really 31?