Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Fight may get interesting, if Vlad can turn back the clock. Father time is undefeated. AJ is young, very strong, athletic and a decent boxer, but he hasn't been tested yet. AJ by late TKO, but I would not be surprised if Vlad wins by UD. Boxing card starts at 4:15 pm EST on Showtime with a delayed broadcast on HBO at 11:00 pm.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Brilliant fight. Fair play to both. 

I do think Fury gives Joshua absolute fits when they eventually get into the ring together. 

hard to say given Fury's current condition. I dont imagine he's spent much time working on his craft exactly

Anybody interested in Canelo vs Chavez Jr tonight? Both Jr (164 lbs) and Canelo made weight (164 lbs). Jr looked like the weight cut was a real struggle. I hope he brings his "A" game and surprises everyone. Would love to see Jr KO Canelo, but I think Canelo wins by UD. 

Decent undercard also with Lemieux, Matthyssee (welterweight debut) and Diaz fighting. Should definitely have at least 2 KO's on this card. 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

I think it will be competitive as Canelo works slowly on breaking down the bigger man.  I expect JCC Jr to get his shots in but ultimately despite being the smaller guy, Canelo is simply the better box.  TKO round 8!

Agreed

Well that was about as one-sides as a fight can get that didn't feature a KO/TKO.  I'd almost say if it was anyone other than JCC Jr, the corner would have taken it upon themselves to end it around the 9th round.

The post-fight theatrics, introducing GGG was interesting. Don't see that much of that in Boxing,but I enjoyed it.  Looks like according to the fighters GGG vs. Canelo in September.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Well that was about as one-sides as a fight can get that didn't feature a KO/TKO.  I'd almost say if it was anyone other than JCC Jr, the corner would have taken it upon themselves to end it around the 9th round.

The post-fight theatrics, introducing GGG was interesting. Don't see that much of that in Boxing,but I enjoyed it.  Looks like according to the fighters GGG vs. Canelo in September.

seems like the fight was fixed from the jump.

JCC Jr's career is a friggin disappointment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

seems like the fight was fixed from the jump.

JCC Jr's career is a friggin disappointment

wasn't fixed, JCC Jr just has never been any good. He's a middling fighter with a good chin. The best name on his resume is Andy Lee, everytime he stepped up, he didnt just lose, he got routed.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

wasn't fixed, JCC Jr just has never been any good. He's a middling fighter with a good chin. The best name on his resume is Andy Lee, everytime he stepped up, he didnt just lose, he got routed.

My apologies. I did not mean fixed in the literal sense.

I meant that JCC Jr. is used as a warm up fighter now. He was a lot better than that.