Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

My apologies. I did not mean fixed in the literal sense.

I meant that JCC Jr. is used as a warm up fighter now. He was a lot better than that.

I dont think he is better than what he showed.  You have to factor in that Canelo is about 4 or 5 levels above anybody Jr has ever been in the ring with

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I dont think he is better than what he showed.  You have to factor in that Canelo is about 4 or 5 levels above anybody Jr has ever been in the ring with

I have never been a JCC Jr fan and felt he got favorable results when he got favorable results when he was unbeaten, but I don't think he was ever that weak. But you are right that Canelo is a different class of opponent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, crazy night.  While on his knees, Dirrell was asking what happened after getting hit.  Dude deserved to be DQ'ed for the two shots after the bell. The extracurricular activities after the DQ were unnecessary. That sucker punch by Dirrell's uncle SUCKED. He barely fazed dude after getting two clean shots off.

Gary Russell Jr needs to stop taking so many punches from lower level guys, if he wants to get back in there with Lomanchenko. Better work on that defense or Loma will repeat the beating he gave him in the 1st fight. Decent stoppage by the ref in the main event though.

• Like 1

Reminder about tonight's IBF Welterweight Championship between Errol Spence Jr (challenger 21-0, 18 KOs) vs Kell Brook (champion 36-1, 25 KOs). It's being broadcast on Showtime at 5:15 pm EST.

This fight is two of the best 147 lbs fighters. Time to see if Spence is the real deal and if Brook has really recovered from his 1st loss and having his eye socket broken by GGG.

I like Kell Brook. He's gonna have the hometown crowd cheering him on for every punch, even near misses. They will BOO the Hell out of Spence. Brook has that good 1-2 (chocolate brownies), uppercut and holding, but I don't think it will be enough. He definitely won't have the size advantage. Brook usually has all of the advantages, but not tonight. I think Spence will deal with all of the hype, the jeering and put in work tonight. I'm drinking the Kool-Aid! I think Spence stops Brook in a classic fight of the year, probably in 10 or 11. Spence will get his chin checked though. As folks been saying online: #StrapSeason #ManDown #AndTheNew #BrowniesAndFireworks Can't wait. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A big fight that no one seems to be talking about, Ward/Kovalev II is this weekend. I thought Kovalev should have gotten the decision in the 1st fight and will win a close decision this weekend to set up a trilogy.

1 minute ago, DM72 said:

A big fight that no one seems to be talking about, Ward/Kovalev II is this weekend. I thought Kovalev should have gotten the decision in the 1st fight and will win a close decision this weekend to set up a trilogy.

Kovalev got outworked first time.  I'll expect him to step things up noticeably this time around.

Should be a great fight!

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

it would probably be talked about more if it were on HBO instead of PPV

great fighters, but casuals dont care enough to pay to see them fight

I think Ward wins a little more convincingly this time around.

The first fight was so close. I had it a SD for Kovalev. Not mad at the decision.  Mad at the crying and other B.S. surrounding the rematch. Drama with no-showing the HBO Face-Off and other stuff to promote the rematch, John David Jackson trying to jump ship to Ward's camp. Too much drama behind the scenes and hardly any hype or good promotion for this fight.  If Kovalev doesnt blast him outta there within 2-3 rounds, its a wrap. Sergey didn't have a plan "B" after the knockdown and he gassed bad from Ward's bodywork. Ward wins by Unanimous Decision.