Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Great fights last night. Wonder how the PPV numbers will look? Don't think Chocolatito got robbed. That guy was just very busy. If anything, he should have lost another point for those headbutts. Judges must have loved the activity. Was hoping Jacobs pulled it off. He almost did it. That early knockdown was key. Plus, since it was so close, he let GGG steal 2 rounds at the end. Great fight. Would love to see a rematch. I can officially stop calling GGG a hype job. Now, Canelo needs to do his part, beat Jr. and keep his word about the GGG fight.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/3/31/15138134/pacquiao-horn-expected-to-be-finalized-this-week

Well folks, it looks like we’ve finally come full circle - Manny Pacquiao is expected to finalize a deal to face Australia’s Jeff Horn this week for a fight to take place on July 2 in Brisbane according to multiple sources, including RingTV. Pacquiao’s trusted advisor Michael Koncz had this to say about the fight:

“We are finalizing the terms,” Koncz says in a text message on Thursday, March 30, the deadline Top Rank Promotions CEO Bob Arum had given Pacquiao’s side to agree to the fight. Koncz adds the deal “should be finalized by end of week.”

giphy.gif

LOL...I'm glad I'll be on vacation July 2. Has anyone figured out Arum's fascination with Pacquiao vs Horn?

In other news, Brook vs Spence sold 17,000 tickets in first day sales.

Edited by DM72
  • Like 3

I think Dre wins in a more convincing fashion and gets the victory by UD. I wouldn't be surprised if Dre even gets the KO. Kovalev didn't show any improvement after the knockdown and the body work Dre put in seriously slowed him down. If Dre puts that same body work in, I can see Dre getting a KO if he goes for some head shots late. I'm glad they got through the drama with the contract signing and now we got a fight.

If Kovalev can't KO Dre, it's a wrap. Dre took his power and adjusted. Will Kovalev adjust is the question? Sergei better bring more than an "A" game and JD Jackson better have some advice for him this time. NO EXCUSES!

I don't think Kovalev is a one trick pony and I thought he did enough to get the victory. 

I got Kovalev taking this one to set up a rubber match.

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

wish it wasn't on PPV, its going to flop

perfect fight for regular TV though

Depends what you mean by flop. I think it does 300-400K.

Gotta go PPV for their salaries. I'm sure, both are getting PAID. Ward was supposed to make $5M for the last one and Kovalev maybe got a third of that and he was the champ. Sergei gotta have better negotiators. Duva let him down as far as pay is concerned. Roc Nation guaranteed a lot of money to Ward. Kovalev didn't get that from Main Events.

• 3 weeks later...