Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

DSG wins by SD. I think he drops "Run-Time" Thurman late in the fight after being outboxed for most of the fight. DSG has a great chin and his left hook is powerful. DSG's body work is gonna be the difference. Thurman will lump him up though. Everybody touches up DSG's face. He always looks like he has been in a war, but always comes out on top. Herrera busted him up and lost a controversial decision in Puerto Rico and Peterson did the same. This is gonna be a great fight between two young champs in their prime.

A lot of hatred between those two guys. This one ain't going the distance. Haye will KO Bellew in 5 rounds.

I'm just edging towards Thurman but Garcia has got a few gifts in his career and I wouldn't rule it out happening again given its bound to be close. Great fight. 

Fully expecting Haye to blast Bellew out of there early. Complete mismatch. 

Garcia seems to be taking the loss better than his pops

at the end of the fight, you could see it in Garcia's face that he knew Thurman won.  Thurman is very good just about everywhere, but he can't coast like he attempted those last two rounds.  Really hope he fights the winner of Brook/Spence.

Lubin is one to watch at 154, incredibly skilled to only be 21 years old. The Charlo brother who's staying at 154 should be next for him

Read that Chad Dawson got finished in the 10th, whats left of his career is probably over

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I had it 8-4 Thurman as well, didn't really see a case for a Garcia win.  

Garcia has a damn good chin, one of the best in boxing

Garcia took huge shots early.  A lot of guys would've gone down inside of 4 rounds.  

Kinda knew it was too good to be true. I just wish they give Manny a real opponent. Don't know why they still can't agree to the fight with a little less guaranteed money. They can do the fight in Vegas, New York, Texas, Cali or Macau. Just need an investor!

• Like 1

Pretty big fight that no one's talking about this weekend. GGG vs Daniel Jacobs. 

I think this is GGG's toughest fight so far. Jacobs is a legitimate middleweight with power. 

I'll be pulling for Jacobs, but I think GGG catches him with something big by the 6th and wins.

doubt it lasts that long to be honest. Jacobs has to land something early to get GGG off of him.  Once GGG connects, it will likely be over.  I like Jacobs, but his chin is not good.  The man got dropped by Sergio Mora.  I say again, he was dropped by Sergio Mora

they made a mistake putting this one on ppv

• Like 1

Can see GGG fighting like he did against Lemieux and winning behind the jab. Eventually grinding Jacobs down to win in round 8/9.

Michael Conlan makes his pro debut tonight and has sold out the MSG theatre. Pretty impressive. Top Rank are gonna make him into a superstar and he has the talent to back it up.