Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

McGregor for sure won the trash talk today.  The fact that they are both on level 10 right now, I just hope neither of them let something too personal slip.

New York on Thursday

London on Friday

Floyd hasn't acted like this since his "Pretty Boy" Floyd days of trash talking.  It's interesting to see him return to those antics for this fight.

It's fun to watch.  Connor is selling this fight to all the people who weren't paying attention before.  I still say he doesn't have a chance, but at the same time will it matter if it ends up a "can't miss" event?

• Like 2

They either pre-discussed some of this trash talk or can't help but laugh at each other's jokes because they can't even pretend to be mad at each other, anytime the camera catches one of them in their seat they are laughing.

I suppose 100 million would keep a perma-smile on my face too!

• Like 2

This one was easily the weakest of the three.  Connor seemed unmotivated and over it all.....Floyd mostly repeated his lines.  The 90 minute delay didn't help much.

Floyd gets points for the theatrics at least.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

That late start was wack. Floyd did better but he needs new material.  Connor smacking his hat was crazy. Thought something may pop off, but Floyd didn't care. I know I would have reacted different. I expect tomorrow will be lit in London! 

Connor didn't seem on his game.  He came out and talked a lot of nonsense.  He was talking more to his critics that blasted him for the "dance for me boy" stuff then he was to Floyd.  It was his shortest rant of the three.

Floyd I didn't think was that great either, but he did have some good zingers.

If only Floyd brought Nate Diaz on the stage with him, I'd LOL hard.

I hope they have something good planned for the finale in London tomorrow.

• Like 2

Just now, NoCalMike said:

If only Floyd brought Nate Diaz on the stage with him, I'd LOL hard.

This would have been the ultimate troll move. Don't think Dana White would let that happen though. It would be funny as hell!

I think the whole thing has been pretty lame.

If this is supposed to get people to want to buy the fight, then it has failed miserably.

I usually don't watch much boxing. Is boxing trash talk usually like this ? Or only because it's these 2 guys ? Because MMA trash talk is usually much better than this.

Only part I liked was, when Conor got Floyd's Dad involved. I thought that was funny, because his Dad was getting truly emotional and clearly wasn't acting.

This fight is purely spectacle.  It's more "event" then anything else.

With Bones Jones vs. Cormier II (MMA) and Canelo vs. GGG (boxing) coming up, both of which are/should be looked at as the biggest fights in their respective sports, it is a little sad this fight is getting all the attention.

Floyd is an all-time great, but he is also 40 and has been out for 2 years.  McGregor is a solid MMA fighter, but he has basically duped the sports world into thinking he is even the best guy from MMA to represent the sport in a boxing match. 

• Like 2

kinda fits with Connor' M.O.

his best material is always the first couple of press conferences, then it falls off hard the more he has to do it. not surprised at all he's flirting with going full racist, he's done it before.

i had no interest in the fight before the press conferences and i somehow have even less now

Just saw that they both flew to London on the same private jet. WTH! Thought Floyd owned 3 private jets? I guess we can expect more of this clown show this afternoon.  I'll  be watching, but wish they would change up some stuff. Not to mention, the media is killing them both, but Connor is getting it worse.