Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

And all these analysis (Stephen A, Roy Jones and Atlas) are killing themselves trying to convince everyone that will listen that Floyd is a great punched that could knock Pacquiao out. Yeah, Floyd has really showed great power over the past 5 years.

And I don't want to hear no; "Floyd got old tonight" excuses from you guys either. Stephen A has already pulled that one out of his tail.

Floyd broke his hand in the middle of a fight early in his career. Every single person Floyd has faced said his power is very underrated. Floyd chooses to preserve his hand instead of always going for the KO. But DM I promise u if Manny has Floyd down on the cards late PLEASE don't be surprised if Manny hits the canvas. We've seen evrythng Manny has to offer. We know what to expect. Unfortunately, we still have not seen anybody force Floyd to pull out his A game. Not that I think Manny will be the one to do It but if it comes to that, Manny will probably go ahead and hang up the gloves after this fight.

Especially his girlfriends.

LOL

Yeah, and a lot of guys (De La Hoya, Margarito, Cotto) thought they were bigger and stronger than Pacquiao and ended up unrecognizable.

They actually were bigger & stronger. Oh but that was before Paq made them starve themselves half to death to make weight to fight him.

Do some research bro. U don't wanna go down this road w/me bc I won't let u win.

Was Alvarez "drained" when he fought Mayweather? Did Mayweather make weight when he fought the much smaller JMM?

Sigh gonna be one of those days huh.. Cool.

Yes Canelo was drained. Couple differences tho. When Canelo was begging for the Mayweather fight, he went on record saying he could easily come down to 150 for the fight. Floyd fought him @152 instead of 54. But here's the main point. On the night of the fight Canelo came in @168. He still outweighed Floyd by 20lbs. Looking at that fight, who honestly believes those 2lbs would've made a difference?? Get real.

On the contrary we can look at the Manny-DeleHoya fight. Manny made Oscar come down two weight divisions. A weight he hadnt made in a decade and at his old age that was detrimental. Also at a 145 catch weight PLUS a rehydration clause that said he couldn't way more than 147 on fight night. Dude was a dead man walking!!

Marquez asked for the Floyd fight. Marquez also proposed a catch weight, not Floyd. Floyd chose to ignore the catch weight, come in at his natural weight and pay the fine. Nobody on Manny's side had that option of saying to hell with the catch weight, I'm fighting where I'm comfortable. Why bc Roach said if they dont make weight, fights off, period end of story. Roach has been on record saying they use things like weight/age disadvantages when match making for Pacquiao. I dont make this **** up bro. Look up ANYTHING I've said and it's all verified.

Oh and by the way, same question with Marquez I asked in reference to Canelo. The way the fight played out, do u really think the 3lbs would've made a difference?? Exactly

NEEEEEXXXXTTTT.....

That's funny. I have never heard of a B-Side making an A-Side come to their weight. That's interesting. Just like Canelo, Oscar must have been super desperate which he should not have been because he was STILL a big star at that time. And Oscar was STILL the overwhelming favorite in that fight. Funny Oscar never uses the excuse of being drained. Just Mayweather and his fans.

And of course JMM asked for a catchweight. He was still a lightweight and Floyd was a welterweight. And let's not play games, of course JMM wanted the biggest payday of his career. And Floyd still came in over the agreed upon weight. Talk about unprofessional. Margarito (a legitimate 147 lb fighter) wanted to fight Mayweather too. Did Floyd fight him? And since when does Floyd give fighters a fight just because they wanted it. He knew Damn well JMM was easy pickings.

Edited by DM72

That's funny. I have never heard of a B-Side making an A-Side come to their weight. That's interesting. Just like Canelo, Oscar must have been super desperate which he should not have been because he was STILL a big star at that time. And Oscar was STILL the overwhelming favorite in that fight. Funny Oscar never uses the excuse of being drained. Just Mayweather and his fans.

And of course JMM asked for a catchweight. He was still a lightweight and Floyd was a welterweight. And let's not play games, of course JMM wanted the biggest payday of his career. Margarito (a legitimate 147 lb fighter) wanted to fight Mayweather too. Did Floyd fight him? And since when does Floyd give fighters a fight just because they wanted it. He knew Damn well JMM was easy pickings.

Once again with your misinformation. Oscar was not A side in that fight. He was A side against Floyd and after that loss, he took a year off. He came back and did a tune up which was a meaningless, non title fight against Steve Forbes then he killed himself to fight Manny. Manny was champion, Oscar was not. After a year off and no belts, why in the hell would u think he was still A side??

Let's me honest here DM, dont start talkin bs out the side of your neck bc I'll just concede and say you win. Why in the bloody hell would you bring up Margarito when you know damn well Floyd would've destroyed that man?? Margarito and Cotto are 2 of the biggest fights Arum didn't let happen for Floyd back then. Oh but I'm sure u dont wanna hear nothing like that right lol. Bc then it's excuses and we're just blaming good Ol Saint Bob for evrything. Please inform yourself on the behind the scene politics of the sport before engaging in a debate bro.

Also so funny u say Floyd knew Marquez was "easy pickings" yet this was the same Marquez that checked Manny into a hospital each time they fought lmao.

Edited by Rexx1240
  • Like 1

Once again with your misinformation. Oscar was not A side in that fight. He was A side against Floyd and after that loss, he took a year off. He came back and did a tune up which was a meaningless, non title fight against Steve Forbes then he killed himself to fight Manny. Manny was champion, Oscar was not. After a year off and no belts, why in the hell would u think he was still A side??

Let's me honest here DM, dont start talkin bs out the side of your neck bc I'll just concede and say you win. Why in the bloody hell would you bring up Margarito when you know damn well Floyd would've destroyed that man?? Margarito and Cotto are 2 of the biggest fights Arum didn't let happen for Floyd back then. Oh but I'm sure u dont wanna hear nothing like that right lol. Bc then it's excuses and we're just blaming good Ol Saint Bob for evrything. Please inform yourself on the behind the scene politics of the sport before engaging in a debate bro.

Also so funny u say Floyd knew Marquez was "easy pickings" yet this was the same Marquez that checked Manny into a hospital each time they fought lmao.

WHAT?!?! You talking about me talking out the side of my neck? You can sit there and say now that Floyd would have picked Margarito apart, but back then, Margarito was FEARED and you know it. There's video of Margarito asking Floyd for a fight and Floyd's response; "It has to be good business " or something in that nature. Hell, if what you say is the case, why did Ali fight Norton? Ali would surely pick Norton apart. Right? No way Douglas would stand a chance against Tyson. Right? Styles make fights. Don't tell me what you think would have happened. He wanted no part of Margarito.

And I beg to differ. De La Hoya was the A-Side. He was the bigger star at the time. He was a PPV fighter. Pacquiao was not. And you as well as I do that belts don't dictate A or B-Side. It's all about drawing power and you know it.

As for JMM, it's funny Pacquiao has to deal with suspicion of PED's, but not JMM. The JMM that sent Pacquiao face down knocked out cold was a different man (literally) than the JMM Floyd faced.

And yes, there's A lot of backdoor politics. But don't sit there and act as if Floyd is 100% innocent. At least I'll admit Arum has some blame.

Back to the fight. I knew it was going happen. The Mayweather camp accuses Pacquiao of having his cup to high. The Nevada Athletic Commission inspected it and said it was fine. How much anyone wants to bet that the Mayweather camp have a problem with Pacquiao's handwraps before the fight?

WHAT?!?! You talking about me talking out the side of my neck? You can sit there and say now that Floyd would have picked Margarito apart, but back then, Margarito was FEARED and you know it. There's video of Margarito asking Floyd for a fight and Floyd's response; "It has to be good business " or something in that nature. Hell, if what you say is the case, why did Ali fight Norton? Ali would surely pick Norton apart. Right? No way Douglas would stand a chance against Tyson. Right? Styles make fights. Don't tell me what you think would have happened. He wanted no part of Margarito.

And I beg to differ. De La Hoya was the A-Side. He was the bigger star at the time. He was a PPV fighter. Pacquiao was not. And you as well as I do that belts don't dictate A or B-Side. It's all about drawing power and you know it.

As for JMM, it's funny Pacquiao has to deal with suspicion of PED's, but not JMM. The JMM that sent Pacquiao face down knocked out cold was a different man (literally) than the JMM Floyd faced.

And yes, there's A lot of backdoor politics. But don't sit there and act as if Floyd is 100% innocent. At least I'll admit Arum has some blame.

Back to the fight. I knew it was going happen. The Mayweather camp accuses Pacquiao of having his cup to high. The Nevada Athletic Commission inspected it and said it was fine. How much anyone wants to bet that the Mayweather camp have a problem with Pacquiao's handwraps before the fight?

I didn't say Floyd wouldn't fight Marg bc he knew he could beat him. I said that fact makes the whole "he ducked him" argument lose a lot of weight. Also if u don't understand that one of the main reasons why Floyd left Top Rank is bc Arum was preventing big fights well then I really don't know what else to tell u other than go do some more research.

If u think for one min that Oscar preferred to drop two whole weight classes and still face a catch weight at that stage of his career, then you're ****ing delusional, period.

Stop blaming steroids as the reason Marquez was able to read Manny a bed time story in the ring. If u say Manny cant be accused without proof then hold up a mirror and say it once more.

Also Floyd doesn't give a damn about that cup. It was never about the cup. Just another mental distraction to throw Manny off his game. Gaining psychological advantages. U know like how Manny broke eye contact 1st in both stare downs they've had. Psychological advantages. All the greats look for them.

No, what I said was, "It's funny that Pacquiao has to deal with the suspicion of PED use, but not JMM." You have to hear idiots like Stephen A imply Pacquiao of using steroids without actually accusing him of using steroids, but he can't go a Pac/May segment without bringing up the JMM fight. No one's gonna accuse JMM of PED use because Floyd and his backers got the outcome they all wanted.

As for Oscar, he didn't have to fight Pacquiao. He could have fought someone else at 154 or 160. He came down in weight because he chose to.

And why would "TBE" need a phychological advantage against the apparently overmatched Pacquiao? Is he scared?

Edited by DM72

When JMM KO'd Pac it wasn't the compilation of a long beatdown, it was just the perfect counter punch at the perfect time as Manny was aggressively moving in to attack. It was a flash KO.  But it's not like JMM hadn't floored Pac in previous fights.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

Not like that. It was the perfect timed punch, but there was obviously something very different in JMM's power that night. JMM always had decent power, but ever since that night, he's become a power puncher. At the age of 40?

No, what I said was, "It's funny that Pacquiao has to deal with the suspicion of PED use, but not JMM." You have to hear idiots like Stephen A imply Pacquiao of using steroids without actually accusing him of using steroids, but he can't go a Pac/May segment without bringing up the JMM fight. No one's gonna accuse JMM of PED use because Floyd and his backers got the outcome they all wanted.

As for Oscar, he didn't have to fight Pacquiao. He could have fought someone else at 154 or 160. He came down in weight because he chose to.

And why would "TBE" need a phychological advantage against the apparently overmatched Pacquiao? Is he scared?

It was fine when Pac was knockng people out cold. Floyd pointed out that hey this guy may be on something he needs to be tested. Pac avoided drug test all these years saying the commision doesn't require it. Now all of a sudden he faces a old Marquez who knocked his ass into sissy land, now all of a sudden DM wants to cry foul gtfoh. Pac had all the time in the world to offer drug testing hell its almost becoming a standard in boxing but nope he turned it down, it could only be good for boxing.

• Like 1

We're ELEVEN minutes into First Take and Stephen A couldn't resist. "PACQUIAO GETS PUT TO SLEEP BY JMM!!!" Along with video. It's been what, 3 years ago? Lol...Let it go. He seriously acts as if Pacquiao is the only fighter that has ever been KO'd.

It was fine when Pac was knockng people out cold. Floyd pointed out that hey this guy may be on something he needs to be tested. Pac avoided drug test all these years saying the commision doesn't require it. Now all of a sudden he faces a old Marquez who knocked his ass into sissy land, now all of a sudden DM wants to cry foul gtfoh. Pac had all the time in the world to offer drug testing hell its almost becoming a standard in boxing but nope he turned it down, it could only be good for boxing.

And who the hell is that woman beater to cast doubt on Pacquiao? Did he have any proof? Did ever accuse Mosley of steroid use before he tested positive? Exactly.

Edited by DM72