Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

In the middle of moving from SC to VA. I honestly have no motivation to watch this fight.

Strangely enough, I feel the same way and I'm not even in the midst of a move. I have been invited to a place where I can watch for less than $50 but I'm still deciding on whether or not to go.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-floyd-mayweather-mind-his-own-business--90375

Floyd goes in on Konz and Arum, you can Hate Mayweather because his legal issues, hate his style of boxing style or straight up call him out for not being great at reading but one thing for sure he has made some great buisness decisions, genius like. Arums respond Floyd mind your own buisness we haven't talked trash about you, hes lying again because every 5 minutes either Arum or Roach has some **** to say about Floyd while Floyd has been mostly queit through out the promotion. Manny is getting rapped again on the books

Floyd don't have to talk **** about Pacquiao, his "unofficial" mouthpiece Stephen A does it everyday for him.

Floyd don't have to talk **** about Pacquiao, his "unofficial" mouthpiece Stephen A does it everyday for him.

I think Floyd agrees with you. Which is why he wasn't talking **** about Pacquiao. He was referring to the crazy percentage of his purse that goes to Arum. All the unnecessary fees Arum charges. All the lies Koncz tells him to make him believe he's got his best interest when he's secretly in cahoots with Arum. But like I said, it'll all come out one day for those fans that are either ignorant or in denial.

Geez, pay that bill or go in with someone else to see it. It will be worth it. I am thinking/hoping along the lines of Hagler vs. Leonard.

It's a bill sure...yet we all pay a grip for car insurance all the time...and rarely need.

I know I am watching. And not through some internet streaming iffy place. Not that I am a hater, I have done that as well when I forgot about a fight.

Still might take a nap and record the early fights though. I have plans in the morning.

To be honest, if Manny is getting hoodwinked by Arum, why should we care? Manny's still making a killing regardless. Mike TYson was had by Don King and he still made 100's of millions and wound up broke, not because of King, but overspending.Arundel

And I really hope you guys don't really believe these guys, Hayman and Ellerby, are a couple of do Gooder choir boys. They're in the fight game too. Are there any good people associated with boxing? Everyone has an agenda.

• Like 1

DM the difference between Arum and Haymon is that Arum hoodwinks his own fighters and does great biz with other promoters. Haymon makes sure the fighters are well-compensated and he could care less about the other execs. Koncz and Ellerbie have somewhat different roles but just for the sake of saving argument I'll go there: Koncz has never shown that he has Manny's best interest. Many actually believes he secretly works for Arum. Who has EVER questioned Ellerbie's loyalty to Floyd??

But it's a double edged sword. Arum doing good business with other promoters gives us fans the best fights. Hayman on the other hand prevents great fights from happening. As a fan, all I care about is seeing the best fights.

But it's a double edged sword. Arum doing good business with other promoters gives us fans the best fights. Hayman on the other hand prevents great fights from happening. As a fan, all I care about is seeing the best fights.

On the contrary buddy. The one thing Arum and Haymon have in common is they love to keep the big bucks in house.

Haymon has started this PBC thing which by all accounts and reviews has been great thus far. But he has the stable of fighters to do it. He also is connected enough with other promoters to get them on board and is finding a way to consistently put good cards together. But Haymon is making sure his fighters get paid regardless.

Now Arum tries to do the same but for what ever reason (I have mines but they're all debatable) his stable of fighters is very small. So he can't consistently put great cards together. So with Top Rank you don't typically see the best fights. You see a whole lot of in-house rematches.

Since Arum and Oscar are on good terms, I suspect we'll see some pretty good cross promotion fights.

And as for Hayman, he's really walking a fine line between being a promoter and a manager which is illegal if I heard right.

Since Arum and Oscar are on good terms, I suspect we'll see some pretty good cross promotion fights.

And as for Hayman, he's really walking a fine line between being a promoter and a manager which is illegal if I heard right.

Yes there will be better fights. But bc of Haymon both of their rosters are shot to hell. So they won't be able to keep it up consistently as Haymon can. 

Yes he's walking very thin ice but this is one of, if not THE most calculated man in the entertainment industry. He knows what he's doing.

Looks like out of nowhere two options to watch the fights have come up, so I am indeed pretty happy. 

Great to hear that man, happy for you.

Look, all this future talk is irrelevant to me.

I want all of you guys to take a stance and own that spot.

Crazy as DM72, and Rexx are.

We know their position.

Tell me what you guys are thinking.

The wait is killing me, let's get this thing going.

I got May losing the first two...maybe three, then a clinic.

• Like 1

I think Pac gonna give it everything he has. I think Floyd will even get tagged a few times early. But as the fight settles in, I expect him to be a hard target. I think Pac outworks him and maybe gets enough favorable points for Floyd to ultimately win by split decision. But I don't think it will be as close as the cards indicate

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

I can't believe this fight is happening in 2 days, it's snuck up on me. Seems like yesterday they met at that Miami Heat game. Well, I love Pac's relaxed nature coming in, think he's going to throw a lot of bombs. They'll take a lot of energy out of him, but I can tell he knows he's going to leave it all out there. Nothing to be ashamed of if everything whiffs, skims and gets rolled with, just attempt to knock his damn head off a few dozen times and you've got nothing to regret.

I'm sticking with Floyd via decision, it's just second nature to not get hit hard enough to lose control. Scary to watch, to be honest. He's never made the big mistake, and I don't think he will now. Easy to be especially motivated for this fight, and a 110% mentally focused Mayweather makes Pac a hopeless arm-winger by the 9th, getting countered for his troubles.

I will say that I can see Roach and Pac noticing tendancies by the 5th, and he could catch him in a trap around that time. Other than that, I see Pac getting beaten to the punch and missing a lot.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 2

The anticipation is killing me.

Wife hates when I get caught up in sports, she'll deny it, but it is certainly one of those **** please moments when it happens.

She gave me that look when I told her we were getting the fight.

First thing she said... "umm"

Money by UD. I'll make no secret about rooting for Pac but I just think May will take no chances and his defense and counters will be enough. So basically the same drill for any Mayweather bout.

(Come on, Manny. Hurt that woman beater.)

• Like 2

I have always said Floyd would win a UD whether this fight took place in 2008/09/10 etc etc.....and I still have that as my pick, but interestingly enough I watched Floyd vs. De La Hoya last night (Roach was in Oscar's corner) re-watched it for the first time since seeing it live, and I have to admit that I felt they had a pretty good game plan for Floyd which was to pressure him constantly and make sure to have a high punch output, even if the punches weren't doing damage they wanted to score points.  The fight was pretty even after 6 rounds, but Oscar who was either out of his prime or at the very tail end of it got tired and eventually he couldn't keep the work-rate up.  

Floyd obviously wants to bait his opponents into chasing, but I'd hardly call what he does as "running" I think people confuse the two because there are so many other guys that simply walk forward at each other and trade. (Which in turn is why so many guys never reach their potential and/or flame up by their early 30's due to being too punch drunk). 

Manny's opponents over the last 5 years sanz Marquez have looked at him and thought "I'm so much bigger and stronger, I can walk straight through his punches and hurt him"  I think Pac has made a career out of their mis-judgement of his power and just how effective punches in bunches can be. The one guy who approached fights with him as a boxing match (well besides Bradley, but lets not go there) is Marquez, and Marquez has dropped Manny a few times over the course of their fights including the epic KO in a fight Manny was winning up to that moment though.

I have a feeling that the the fight will go the way that a lot of Floyd fights have gone when he is in there with a good opponent, which is he loses some early rounds while playing cat & mouse and figuring out how exactly how he wants to counter-attack, but then the tide starts to turn and after about 6 rounds it will be even, but you will see Floyd take over the fight and I guess my bold statement is that Manny actually gets rocked pretty good around Round 9. I'm not ready to be bold enough to say dropped, but I really think that Floyd is going to find something wide open when Manny comes lunging in. Perhaps a well placed uppercut that staggers Pac Man.

In the end though, Mayweather by Unanimous decision.

• Like 2

Mayweather and his fans better hope he doesn't get hurt. Pacquiao WILL NOT let him off the hook.

If Manny hurts Floyd, how will Paq stop him from recovering?? As we've seen, he won't need that long. Manny doesn't have the ring IQ or ability to cut the ring & trap Floyd. Floyd will dance until he shakes the cobwebs & Manny will simply follow him around the ring trying to engage which Floyd will not do until he's ready. You have supposedly watched Manny his whole career, you should know by now what his deficiencies are.

Pacquiao is a closer and you're just assuming Floyd would be able to dance around the ring and shake off the cobwebs. What if he really gets hurt?

Lol @Paq is a closer. Since when?? He couldn't close Bam Bam who was a punching bag. Also SIX knock downs against bum ass Algieri and he couldn't close. So I'm not sure what you see that makes u believe he'll be able to close against Floyd.

*sighs* but I digress. Just don't disappear after the fight.

Edited by Rexx1240

And all these analysis (Stephen A, Roy Jones and Atlas) are killing themselves trying to convince everyone that will listen that Floyd is a great punched that could knock Pacquiao out. Yeah, Floyd has really showed great power over the past 5 years.

And I don't want to hear no; "Floyd got old tonight" excuses from you guys either. Stephen A has already pulled that one out of his tail.