Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

It's mostly trying to weed out the actual boxing fans from the "oh I wouldn't mind being in the room during that...." people.  Almost everyone I take to wants to watch it, but when it comes to throwing in, even a measly $5/10....people suddenly clam up, and these aren't folks that are hard up for money either.

I learned my lesson too many times years back when I was buying UFC & Pride PPVs.....so many folks in my living room, so few chipping in.

I hear ya. Same scenario over here.

Al Haymon doesn't want Roc Nation to get no shine in the game right now. They've already targeted 6/20 for Andre Ward's return to the ring. So now Uncle Al looks to be scheduling a 6/20 card featuring Broner vs TBA and Thurman vs Porter.

I'm hearing that Showtime may have a change of mind about Khan-Algieri (which Algieri says he doesn't know why Khan says it's not a done deal, as far as he knows it's done). Showtime originally said they would not broadcast this fight. Now I'm hearing they're saying it's a possibility they could pick up the fight but it has to be a very strong undercard.

Also hearing Bradley vs Vargas is very close to being done. Then expect Bradley to try to make some noise at 154 later this year or early next yr.

Cotto fought Sergio at a catch weight. Now he's fighting Geale at a catch weight. Then he has to fight Canelo which will more than likely be at a catch weight. Then possibly GGG next spring. Starting to be obvious that he never intended to go above 54. He saw a golden opportunity at 60 and took full advntge. I'm glad he's being forced into the Canelo fight. Should be a good one, taking place later this year.

Anyone else been keeping track of the clown show involving the tickets of Pacquiao/Mayweather?

2 weeks before the fight and still no official announcement on tickets going on sale. Sites are saying secondhand tix are going for over $4100 nosebleeds and ringside seats are going for around $67,000. I know this is a major, major event, but that is ridiculous.

Did you really expect any different? They are wringing blood from stones on this one, no penny will be left in the aftermath. Its only ridiculous if people won't pay. This was never a fight "regular fight fans" had a prayer of going to anyway. Tickets in this case are more of a status check than anything else.

Not trying to excuse it, but I can't get mad when it was to be expected. Its still prizefighting and they are trying to tally as much as humanly possible

Just focus on the fact that the fight everyone wants to see, barring a last minute injury, is actually going to happen.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

But they did say that there would be around 1000 seats for the general public and that doesn't look like it will happen. Look, I knew it wasn't going to be cheap, but I don't like the fact that only the super rich will be in the arena.

But they did say that there would be around 1000 seats for the general public and that doesn't look like it will happen. Look, I knew it wasn't going to be cheap, but I don't like the fact that only the super rich will be in the arena.

Did u really plan on going or is this just somethin else to complain about??

What's really strange is that they have not even released any tix as of yet. People have cancelled reservations because they're not sure if they'll have tix to the fight. From what I've read, team Pacquiao doesn't even know how many tix they'll get and we're just 2 weeks away.

You and Still must be the same person.

HAHAHAHA he seems like a pretty cool dude but I've never met him a day in my life. Nice way to avoid the question tho. Tighten up those dancing shoes.

To be truthful.

Both of you have made statements about the cost of the fight.

It's expensive, same as a Rolls Royce. Get over it.

I've never made a habit to complain about the cost of this fight. Pointless to do so.

What's really strange is that they have not even released any tix as of yet. People have cancelled reservations because they're not sure if they'll have tix to the fight. From what I've read, team Pacquiao doesn't even know how many tix they'll get and we're just 2 weeks away.

They know EXACTLY how many tix they're getting. Both promoters have a contract with the MGM and all these details are outlined in the contract. The tix did arrive late and that's on Mayweather Promotions as the lead promoter. I said from the start that they weren't yet ready to handle an event of this magnitude but they've actually done a decent job. Better than most expected. But stop listening to Bob Arum and his constant spray of media lies. Saddening how you repeatedly allow yourself to sacrifice your own common sense just to hang on Arum's every word.

Kellerman & RJJr doing that HBO thing were they are calling a completely different fight than what is actually happening. Crawford is great, HBO can sell his greatness while actually acknowledging when his opponent is doing something right.

Edited by StillUnknown