Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty 4

Spaceman Spiff

Preferences are everything

Yep it all comes down to this.

Some people play better with a controller and others with a mouse.

But I still contend that a mouse can offer more accuracy. But it doesn't matter if you don't enjoy using one.

To each his own.

hence the silly smilie

you could do it though if you don't spray and play conservatively but wheres the fun in that.

now i expect you to say how a joystick is the best of all input devices :laugh:

I meant unrealistic for the real world.

Joystick certainly are great devices, but they have their limits. its difficult to get less defined movements without much effort. You're usually on the edge of the joystick's boundary. That is what makes the Wii IR pointer so awesome, much better for subtlety.

More suited for Free For All cause thats what I mostly play, but here's some stuff I've learned:

If you get three kills and a UAV, don't call in the UAV until you've got your 4th kill in a row. Then all you have to do is get one more kill in order to call in an airstrike while your UAV is up. That should be the goal.

If you get killed before you get your 4th or 5th kill, you'll respawn with your UAV. Get a kill or two and then call your UAV in. You'll get your third kill and then you'll have roughly a minute of UAV time.

If you're in a building with your UAV on and someone pauses just outside your building while looking at your radar...they're probably cooking a grenade. Move.

Try to set your claymores up so people are running towards them, but not in tight areas where they can run past or jump over them.

When you're sniping don't shoot more than twice at a target.

If you're running in a straight line for awhile, you're gonna get shot.

• 2 weeks later...
Following a Massachusetts high school petition protesting the treatment of dogs in Call of Duty: World at War, the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is now joining the protest as well. Upon seeing news of the protest, PETA sent publisher Activision Blizzard an invitation to take one of its "Developing Empathy for Animals" seminars for free. The organization has also sent the company a package of Nintendogs for the DS, which it deems "dog-friendly." PETA hopes the puppy sim will help influence Activision's treatment of animals in future games, with the organization's blog noting "perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them."

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/23/peta-joins-protest-against-world-at-wars-attack-dogs/

More suited for Free For All cause thats what I mostly play, but here's some stuff I've learned:

If you get three kills and a UAV, don't call in the UAV until you've got your 4th kill in a row. Then all you have to do is get one more kill in order to call in an airstrike while your UAV is up. That should be the goal.

If you get killed before you get your 4th or 5th kill, you'll respawn with your UAV. Get a kill or two and then call your UAV in. You'll get your third kill and then you'll have roughly a minute of UAV time.

If you're in a building with your UAV on and someone pauses just outside your building while looking at your radar...they're probably cooking a grenade. Move.

Try to set your claymores up so people are running towards them, but not in tight areas where they can run past or jump over them.

When you're sniping don't shoot more than twice at a target.

If you're running in a straight line for awhile, you're gonna get shot.

Nice tips, I play Free For All whenever I keep getting stuck on a team getting slapped around by a clan of gold-cross 55's in Domination. A crappy thing about prestige is that you get more noobs on your team the higher ranked you are.

In Free For All I use the AK w/silencer, claymores, stopping power and deep pimp-pact. Perfect for semi-camping. I hate staying in the same spot. Nothing against campers, I think it's perfectly fine that people prefer to be stationary targets. But personally I have to keep moving around, even if I'm essentially staying in one building.

My favorite game by a mile on COD 4, as I've said before, is Domination. It's like a football game with guns. Field position is what it's all about. The amount of kills you get doesn't matter as much as the importance of your kills. It's a freaking blast when the teams are evenly matched.

Conversely, I pretty much hate Team Deathmatch. A cluster**** of blindsided killing with no real thin red line to speak of. Too bad you get so many points in that game. I can't stand it.

I also play Sabotage once every blue moon. Can't stand Headquarters. It would probably be my favorite game if the team that occupied the base didn't spawn so ****ing close to it after they die. I've played it about 5 times and every time the margin of victory was hideous.

For Domination I usually go with an MP5 or AK47 with silencers, 3 flash grenades, stopping power and extreme conditioning. In Bog I use the M4 with red dot and in Bloc I use the M16 with red dot.

This game is still the king of Xbox 360.

LMAO @ Peta. I enjoy breaking the dogs necks in COD.

They attack me, what else am I supposed to do?

And this sums it up perfectly. Humans, dogs, birds, ants, Mr. Potato Head, it doesn't matter what is attacking me, I'm going to fight the ****er 'til it dies.

I honestly would love to beat people down that hurt and neglect animals. In fact, I could think of a few guns in COD 4 that would translate well to how I'd want to punish those ****s in real life. But PETA has entered the point of being a cult. You seriously have to almost worship animals to be in the organization. The Jahova's Witnesses of the animal rights world.

• 3 months later...
Nice tips, I play Free For All whenever I keep getting stuck on a team getting slapped around by a clan of gold-cross 55's in Domination. A crappy thing about prestige is that you get more noobs on your team the higher ranked you are.

In Free For All I use the AK w/silencer, claymores, stopping power and deep pimp-pact. Perfect for semi-camping. I hate staying in the same spot. Nothing against campers, I think it's perfectly fine that people prefer to be stationary targets. But personally I have to keep moving around, even if I'm essentially staying in one building.

My favorite game by a mile on COD 4, as I've said before, is Domination. It's like a football game with guns. Field position is what it's all about. The amount of kills you get doesn't matter as much as the importance of your kills. It's a freaking blast when the teams are evenly matched.

Conversely, I pretty much hate Team Deathmatch. A cluster**** of blindsided killing with no real thin red line to speak of. Too bad you get so many points in that game. I can't stand it.

I also play Sabotage once every blue moon. Can't stand Headquarters. It would probably be my favorite game if the team that occupied the base didn't spawn so ****ing close to it after they die. I've played it about 5 times and every time the margin of victory was hideous.

For Domination I usually go with an MP5 or AK47 with silencers, 3 flash grenades, stopping power and extreme conditioning. In Bog I use the M4 with red dot and in Bloc I use the M16 with red dot.

This game is still the king of Xbox 360.

Wow, it's amazing how much I've changed my preferences since writing this.

Almost ALWAYS use the P90 silenced with UAV jammer and Extreme Conditioning. Only use stopping power on the smaller levels. Never use deep impact unless I'm sniping. Only snipe when my team is kicking ass or there's a bunch of snipers on the other team.

Love every sniper rifle but the Dragunov. Thing has one hell of a kick. So much so that the semi-automatic feature is useless unless you're shooting someone in close-quarters.

Never use assault rifles, would much rather be able to run faster than have more range.

Still LOVE domination, but have grown to enjoy Team Deathmatch, especially in the "Ground War" mode. Haven't played anything other than those two in months.

Got the map pack yesterday and am learning the levels. Chinatown is cool-lookin', and Creek is sniper-ville. Had to play it 3 times last night and almost wanted to delete the map pack I was so frustrated. Wouldn't be as bad if it were Team Deathmatch, but in Domination, flag "B" is in the worst spot a player could stand. It's a suicide wish. Oh well.

Favorite to least favorite maps:

1 - Vacant

2 - Shipment

3 - Backlot

4 - Overgrown

5 - Crash

6 - Strike

7 - District

8 - Pipeline

9 - Crossfire

10 - Downpoor

11 - Ambush

12 - Bloc

13 - Wet Work

14 - Countdown

15 - Bog

16 - Showdown

i've been in such a ****ing slump lately, i have no idea what my problem is. the past two days have been complete hell. Even the few wins i've had in free for all have been struggles.

Isn't anything out of the ordinary.

It's usually a lack of interest that hurts my game. I stop jumping around and hitting the deck when I encounter enemies. It gets to the point where I just say "screw it."

So I either take a day off or play different game types, even if I don't particularly enjoy them.

If it gets real bad, I play a private match against nobody and practice my aim by shooting random targets. Car windows, markings on walls, you name it. It also give you a good opportunity to explore maps in better detail. Not exactly as fun as a Redskins Superbowl win, but it's worked for me during slumps.

Isn't anything out of the ordinary.

It's usually a lack of interest that hurts my game. I stop jumping around and hitting the deck when I encounter enemies. It gets to the point where I just say "screw it."

So I either take a day off or play different game types, even if I don't particularly enjoy them.

If it gets real bad, I play a private match against nobody and practice my aim by shooting random targets. Car windows, markings on walls, you name it. It also give you a good opportunity to explore maps in better detail. Not exactly as fun as a Redskins Superbowl win, but it's worked for me during slumps.

I think I start pressing too hard, like I can turn it on or off whenever I want.

Good ideas man, I'll try em out. However tonight it was just like I'd spawn, take two steps and get killed. I'd get sniped, I'd lose every single time that I'd run around a corner and try to stab someone who was running into me. It was just ridiculous.

I'm tired of most of the maps...I'm definitely ready for MW2.

I think I start pressing too hard, like I can turn it on or off whenever I want.

Good ideas man, I'll try em out. However tonight it was just like I'd spawn, take two steps and get killed. I'd get sniped, I'd lose every single time that I'd run around a corner and try to stab someone who was running into me. It was just ridiculous.

I'm tired of most of the maps...I'm definitely ready for MW2.

Gotta just hate those spawn kills. It'll bring a smile to your face when you do it, but when you're the victim it's one of those curse word inducers.

Pressing too hard is probably a sign that you're disinterested in being methodical.

Good luck, I'm actually taking a break from the game cuz I got demolished last night.

Gotta just hate those spawn kills. It'll bring a smile to your face when you do it, but when you're the victim it's one of those curse word inducers.

Pressing too hard is probably a sign that you're disinterested in being methodical.

Good luck, I'm actually taking a break from the game cuz I got demolished last night.

I made up a new soldier to use, using your AK-47 silenced with stopping power but I used extreme conditioning instead of deep impact. Claymores.

Worked really well, since I mainly use a shotgun I was able to get some mid range kills and get them without people turning around and shooting back due to the silencer. I came in 2nd on Showdown and then 2nd on Wet Works with my .50 cal going 19-5. I think I had an airstrike with something ridiculous like 6 kills.

Felt a lot better today. Wish you had a Ps3, dude.

I made up a new soldier to use, using your AK-47 silenced with stopping power but I used extreme conditioning instead of deep impact. Claymores.

Worked really well, since I mainly use a shotgun I was able to get some mid range kills and get them without people turning around and shooting back due to the silencer. I came in 2nd on Showdown and then 2nd on Wet Works with my .50 cal going 19-5. I think I had an airstrike with something ridiculous like 6 kills.

Felt a lot better today. Wish you had a Ps3, dude.

I know, it's a shame we don't have the same system.

Perhaps you should use SMGs. They're almost as effective up close as shotguns, they have extremely underrated range if you shoot in short bursts, and silencers are incredibly useful.

Best of all, you run like Carl Lewis while using one.

They're even damn accurate without aiming with the left trigger, even without steady aim.

I start every game with stopping power, but then switch to UAV jammer after the first time I die. Gotta figure UAV jammer is pointless at the very beginning of games.

In Free for All, UAV jammer is definitely less-useful.

UAV jammer and extreme conditioning with a P90 silenced is what I like to use the most. 3 frags and the USP.45. Love that USP.45.

I sometimes use the M4 or MP5 non-silenced if I'm off with the P90. Still contemplating going after the gold Mini Uzi. I figure it's pointless since MW2 will be out by the time I get it.

Favorite sniper rifle is the M40A3, always use bandoleer, stopping power and deep impact while sniping.

When you say that you used the .50 cal, you mean the M60 or Barrett? The M60 is a bad mother fo. I like the RPD, as well. Only use those things if I'm bored.

I got 25-0 once in Free for All in district. That little house with the sandbags around the porch is a premium camp-out place.

What's your rank/prestige nowadays? Finally got my gold cross 2 weeks ago, rank 34. Using the AK-74 until I get my P90 for good.

I love using the M164A with stopping power. Not good for CQB but on bigger maps, I usually go on some nasty streaks with it. My gamertag on Live is LeBronZeroRings if anyone ever wants to game.

Yep, don't mind when I pick up the m16. Especially if it has the red dot. The metal sight on it kind of sucks.

Archived